Just shattered the Screen of my iPhone 6S Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by harrypraneeth, Sep 26, 2015.

1. harrypraneeth macrumors member

Hi All,

I just cracked the display of my iPhone 6S Plus. Is there anyway I can get it replaced/fixed as soon as possible. I'm still in denial with this :(:(:(

2. WilliamG macrumors G3

Oh no! What happened?! The only suggestion I can make is to take it to an Apple Store and see what they can do for you. They might be able to sell you Applecare and use one of the two accident incidents..

3. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

Somewhere in this world....this guy is laughing.
    [​IMG]

Only joking. That SUCKS! Did you drop it? Take it to the apple store and hope for a nice genius.

4. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Damn, go to Apple store right away in the morning.

5. Conan86 macrumors 6502

sorry to hear that.. so what happened? it really depend if any genius or the Apple Store you're going to would be sympathetic now.. Oh yes, try telling them you're about to purchase the AppleCare+, or heck, just call Apple to purchase the AppleCare+ right away if you can and claim it when it activates..

The good news is that if you pay for a replacement you'll likely get a brand new set since there shouldn't be any "refurbished" 6s two days into the launch..

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

7. areyes163 macrumors 6502

areyes163

Well I hope he is not a troll since he only has 1 post and that is it. These forums have been flooded lately with nonsense accounts and threads from trolls. Seriously it's getting bad.

8. harrypraneeth thread starter macrumors member

I dropped it, when i was getting out of the car! I had the apple case on it too. But it didn't help.

I took it to the Apple Store this morning. They took it in to verify if the 3D-Touch has any damage. If not I would be getting a replacement for $109. How i wish i had purchased the Apple Care +.

Thanks for your suggestions guys.

Attached Files:

9. harrypraneeth thread starter macrumors member

I have been following the forums right from the launch of Apple Watch. Just too shy to post :)

10. OrionsByte macrumors regular

OrionsByte

Ouch...

11. UFOShampoo macrumors newbie

UFOShampoo

Well damn. So much for the strongest glass in the industry. I have always kept my phones in Otterbox Defenders.... I noticed no one on these forums use them. I am too clumsy and don't want to worry about my phone. I was wondering if the new glass would make the phones more durable. Guess not.

12. iZac macrumors 68000

iZac

It's a shame you didn't land yourself a sympathetic genius, and got a free repair. They often like to do this on the launch of a new device because it's good PR. Well, at least it's not the crappy service in as in China. They refused to give my friend a replacement, insisting on a repair, which took 3 or 4 days.

Also, is it bad that I clicked on this thread and just scrolled down to find the picture before I even read your post? Am I some sort of sadist or did everyone else do the same?

13. OrionsByte macrumors regular

OrionsByte

I was actually more concerned with how it happened, because I don't want it to happen to me!

14. -Garry- macrumors 6502a

-Garry-

How horrible. :(

Although I'm sure one day you'll look back and laugh about this.

15. Conan86 macrumors 6502

Well, at least you could get it fixed for a "small fee". Thanks for the info on how much protection we can expect from the Apple cases!

16. MadManDan macrumors member

MadManDan

Ugh. Looking at that photo is painful. Be right back...gonna buy some applecare!

17. jpgr15 macrumors 6502a

Glad to have you here - no reason to be afraid to post.

Sorry about the phone - ouch. Get it in for a replacement before there are refurbs.

18. cloudystrife macrumors member

Can't you change your Apple Care selection within 30 days? You could have done that and then took the phone in :p

19. Kevinsocal macrumors member

Kevinsocal

And yet this phone survived a 10 foot face-drop in the Drop Test video that is making the rounds.how strange.

20. dmx macrumors 6502

Yeah, and that would be fraud.

In this case, an entire new front panel for $109 is a steal. Only slightly more expensive than the accidental damage AppleCare fee.

21. harrypraneeth thread starter macrumors member

I don't think it would be done $109. The genius was biased towards the $325 for the replacement. I will be getting an update about it by the Tuesday and a replacement, "I have no idea" :(

22. spriter macrumors 65816

spriter

Ouch. Bad luck on such an early smash.

I usually always go with tempered glass screen protectors to help with keeping the screen intact on drops (not just from surface scratches).

However, after applying a Spigen one immediately after unboxing, it became nearly impossible to use 3D Touch to from the side to invoke the App Switcher. Mainly because the edge of the protector ended before the 'waterfall' drop on the edges which also made it feel weird with a sharp 'step'. This was about the exact play where 3D Touch starts detecting a side swipe/press. Plus it had ghosting where the tempered glass lifted slightly around the edges.

Maybe there are better ones but I ended up taking it off as it was a pain and uglified the phone. Maybe AppleCare/naked is the way to go instead of expensive cases and glass protectors.

23. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I see what you did there

24. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Try an edge to edge model like Rupert's Cinder or Godosmith's Ice Max 3D (not 2.5D).