Just watched the keynote. All the naysayers are crazy.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iamthedudeman, Oct 5, 2011.

1. iamthedudeman macrumors 65816

Just watched the keynote. Apple just gave us everything we wanted in the rumored iPhone 5 spec wise other than the screen size.

They didn't change the design, and left the screen the same so now this upgrade sucks.

All you naysayers are nuts. :)

Siri is amazing by the way. Not your regular voice control.

Moral of the story, stop whining.

2. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Agree. It seems like we go through this with every uprade. The new phone is never what it should be. Give me a break. The iPhone 4S is an amazing phone.

3. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I totally agree with you. I'm excited to get my hands on this new phone. But I'm agonizing over color...

4. Tones2, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011

Tones2 macrumors 65816

The screen size was a MAJOR deal. It's your primarily view into and interaction with the phone, and 3.5" IPS is dated and simply too small for a MEDIA and GAMING device. The speed bump really means little to 95% of consumers. And the iOS5, iCloud and Musuc Match are not exclusive to the iPhone 4S, so doesn't count relative to assessing the phone update.

Tony

5. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

I was going to post this thread, but since you beat me to it i'll just comment in yours.

I originally said I hated the iPhone 4S yesterday.

Why? I had my own vision of what the phone was going to be based off other phones.

Truth be told, other than a different design and larger screen. The iPhone 4S delivered.

Now, will I get one? I'm still leaning towards no. The only doubts come from my media. I've spend so much time making things Mac compatible, leaving is not a simple process. Regardless of my decision I'm going to revisit that area.

6. mark34 macrumors 6502a

Phone: small portable. iPad: larger screen real estate

I for one am glad they didn't go larger. Most of those large Android phones are unappealing primarily because they are so big (and kludgy). I used to watch content on my iPhone before the iPad, but really don't anymore. The iPhone 4 screen is amazing and big enough (for me). I would have liked a new thinner model, but it's pretty clear that major redesigns are on a two year cycle. Moving from the 3G to the 3GS was a great update...a vastly better user experience. I am hoping this will be as well.

7. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Not sure this theory is going to be real popular - but here it is:

Some (many?) people who buy a new iteration of iPhone want others to know they have the newest and greatest. As good as the iPhone 4S is, it looks just like the old, out of date, iPhone4 that I am carrying.

I am not suggesting that there may not be legitimate gripes about the new phone. But pulling out your NEW iPhone 4S, and nobody knowing it's the newest (see other threads on "cool") angers and disappoints many.

Just a theory...:) ;)

8. Tones2 macrumors 65816

You must have really big pockets to carry that iPad around with you all the time. :rolleyes:

Plus, not everyone wants to spend money on TWO devices that basically do the same thing, although I'm sure that's what Apple want you to do.

Tony

----------

No, it's the screen size, plain and simple.

Tony

9. applefan289 macrumors 68000

It wouldn't disappoint me, though. It still looks great, and is 10x better than carrying the newest Android phone.

Also, Apple is implying that the iPhone 4 design is not out of date yet.

10. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

[/COLOR]

No, it's the screen size, plain and simple.

Tony[/QUOTE]

Present company excluded from my theory, of course. :D ;)

11. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I was disappointed after watching yesterday's keynote. All the good stuff that was being presented meant nothing to me if there wasn't a bigger screen.

But after reading more about it, I've realized they updated everything except the screen and chassis. That's an upgrade worthy of praise. I'll be getting the 4S when AT&T lets me. I probably wouldn't have if i didn't sell my iPhone 4 already. :eek:

12. mark34 macrumors 6502a

I just don't spend all day watching videos so my pocket size is not a concern. And yes two devices works well for MY purposes (as I stated).

I absolutely agree, different needs for different folks. I just think there is an impression that everyone wants a larger screen. That's not the case. I would argue that it is probably a far smaller percentage of users than this forum would lead one to believe.

13. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

It's definitely still the best-looking.

14. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

One disappointing thing other than the screen is the lack of HSPA+.

Also, what is this I hear about still only 512 of RAM?

15. Number 41 macrumors 6502a

This upgrade will look even worse when a real iPhone 5 comes out next year with a bigger screen, thinner / lighter form factor, stronger non-glass build materials, and true 4G speeds.

And everyone who upgraded to the 4S will be stuck waiting a year to get it.

16. iPhonedHome macrumors 6502

How about you stop whining about people whining! Geesh! People can be pissed off if they want to be. If you want to be led on by Apple with the magical bullchit then that's your choice.