Just wrote to apple

Discussion in 'iMac' started by masp84, Sep 20, 2012.

1. masp84, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012

masp84 macrumors member

I'm just letting you know that if you don't come out with a hardware refresh in the next two weeks for the current iMac I'm going the windows route, many users on the forums are doing this and flaming Apple for your lack of respect for Developers and non-mobile users that have supported your company for many years and now demand more processing power. I just thought your public relations department should be aware of it. YOU decide where my money goes in the next 2 weeks.

2. Mike in Kansas macrumors 6502a

Mike in Kansas

Hopefully you didn't cut and paste this from what you actually wrote to Apple... if they got this email/letter they probably won't pay it much heed considering its grammar, punctuation and spelling.

3. masp84 thread starter macrumors member

I really don't care I'm foreign and you couldn't even spell a word in my language. I just need a month over there to write, punctuate and even sound like you ;) GG

4. DisMyMac macrumors 65816

DisMyMac

It's one small data point to a company. If enough people say something, they listen.

5. masp84 thread starter macrumors member

6. Nova Sensei macrumors 6502

Hmmm, I'm picturing Tim Cook opening this letter in his secret office filled with the 2012 iMac's that he is deliberately withholding from the market. Because he's evil.

:rolleyes:

Newsflash - Moving to Windoh's will hurt you more than it hurts Apple.

7. masp84 thread starter macrumors member

I've built all my PCs since I can remember, also I've been a windows user all my life, ran a hackingtosh twice and had a macbook pro but I didn't have the software I use to work with at hand, it wasn't powerful enough either. So I'm not actually migrating here, just demanding respect, I need logic pro for my work but I refuse to buy old technology at full retail price and many of the user of this forum agree. Now if they don't care about my needs, I wont care about their products, I'll manage somehow like I always have, that's my point. Don't trash windows coz you hate it, I've made a lot of money with it, in fact thanks to the work I've done in windows I could purchase a Mac

8. fastlanephil macrumors 6502a

fastlanephil

If you need Logic Pro then won't you have to purchase an Apple product to install Logic Pro from the Apple App store?

9. masp84 thread starter macrumors member

If this is gonna be the story with non-mobile products Mac line will eventually disappear. Mac always had a specific target of users to satisfy mostly artist and developers which also have supported Apple from the beginning, if the company is moving another way the right thing to do first is to address the public and then whether shutting down for good or give us detailed specs of compatible hardware for their current OS, they could also have a third-party company build the machines, this way they could continue making profit from their xOS. A kext developing team would be cheaper and way better for the company than this negative image they continue giving us with these dickslaps.

----------

That's right, it sucks

10. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

The reality is that apple doesn't care. They won't respond back neither it's going to change their date. This truly sucks but it's just the truth

11. tom vilsack macrumors 68000

tom vilsack

Dear: masp84 (from fake Tim Cook)

I don't care,go ahead and bye from Wintel...i just pre sold 10 million Iphones,and the dummies are lined up by the thousands to buy even more.

ps: could i interest you in a new 7.5" tablet

12. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

So you lie, and then you demand respect?

[​IMG]

13. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

They'll just add your nastygram to the stack they already have from Mac Pro users who can't even get a built in Thunderbolt port.

14. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

If the iMac comes out next week I will thank you for it ;)

15. masp84, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012

masp84 thread starter macrumors member

:eek: new UAD Apollo TB Audio interface out and you can't get it to work on a mac pro... that must ache right in the nuts mate. This makes me even more angry at Apple coz that's their most expensive product!! They don't deserve to have us as costumers. (Music producers)

think I'm gonna build my hackintosh from Tonymacs lists right now and give apple the finger, I can always dual-boot and it's guaranteed to be a beast machine. Also with the extra money I can get a 42" LCD hanged on my wall, my costumers woud like that :)

btw Lion has native support for hardware we can easily get from the market, building a hackintosh is no longer a quest it's just as easy as building a PC with a few extra steps. At least they gave us that.... which makes me wonder if that's the direction OS X is gonna take.. I really hope so.

16. segovius macrumors regular

segovius

It won't....

17. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

Thanks 4 the info. And i know this how?

18. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

i think we hes just assuming just as i am as well because of the iphone buzz, i think apple will let that die down a bit and then they release the imacs, you know apple always leaving the desktops to last minute thing.

19. ctdonath macrumors 65816

ctdonath

Um...that's not a lot of money.

20. ihuman:D macrumors 6502a

Yes, over €1,000 is not a lot of money :rolleyes: .

21. Mike Valmike macrumors 6502a

*grammer

:D

22. NunoBerny macrumors regular

NunoBerny

I can understand people being excited by a new iPhone, but the current "oh my god, I can't talk of anything other than the iPhone!!!!" situation is pretty annoying. It's a phone. not a world-saving device.

That and being stuck for days in a line to buy it. I really can't understand this.

23. Nova Sensei macrumors 6502

Ummmm, no. Grammar. :p

24. fastlanephil macrumors 6502a

fastlanephil

Welcome to the post PC world.

It's just coming a little later for the Windows crowd.

25. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

Actually you are deciding where your money goes, who would leave that decision up to anyone but themselves.

Do what you need to do bub.

That's like demanding that I build you a new computer or you're going to go elsewhere when I never told you I was going to make another one in the first place, you're just assuming that I was.

Now don't get me wrong, I understand your frustration but... realistically, if you expect them to meet your demands, you might as well go ahead and buy or build yourself a new Windows computer now and move on rather than putting yourself out for another 2 weeks.