Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Justin Long Still Doing Mac Commercials, Holiday Ads Coming?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Contrary to previous reports, Justin Long writes on his website that he is still making 'Get a Mac' commercials for Apple. In addition, Long adds that he is currently filming some "holiday spots" for Apple. Readers may remember that Apple has previously done holiday-themed ads during their "switch" campaign with Will Ferrell as Santa Claus.

as for the mac commercials, i don't know where that report came from that said i wasn't going to do anymore - i literally setting my alarm right now to wake up for a mac shoot tomorrow - if i'm not doing anymore i guess i can sleep in on my day off - that'd be nice. but yeah, we're doing some holiday spots now which i think will be pretty funny - not nearly funny enough to justifiy the money they're paying me though, i'll be honest with you. as for the future, i really don't know what i'm going to do - i'm surprised, frankly, that the campaign hasn't become tired and they've just ended it on their own - but i try to live as much in the present as i can considering the future doesn't exist, i'm not really sure. they're easy to do, i love john (the pc guy) and working with him is so effortless and fun that i definitely wouldn't rule out doing some more - and, as i said, they pay us nicely. i don't know - all of this is such unchartered territory for me that i'm just kind of holding on to my seat and hope i don't fall off anytime soon.

[ Digg This ]

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
This is great to hear!

I really like the ads, and in all honesty, Apple has a tendency to use a theme for a long time..

Think Different
Switchers
The first PowerPC systems.
and my favorite, the iMac ads featuring Jeff Goldblum!

Comment

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
I'm not really surprised, I figured the other rumor was just that. They wouldn't pull him and replace him with someone else. If they stop doing these ads with him, they'll probably do it when they switch to a new ad campaign.

jW

Comment

NewSc2

macrumors 65816
Jun 4, 2005
New York, NY
I like him, contrary to everybody else bashing him in the other post.

Nice to see his lack of grammar, but it's just a blog post.

Also, I'm wondering how much they pay him, considering his statements of being paid well... ..i guess it is Apple...

Comment

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
Seems like a pleasant guy. It's hard for me to wish ill on someone who takes the time to write out a such lengthy blog post just to throw folks a bone.

Comment

adamw

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2006
Thanks for clarifying everything Justin. Your post comes across as a genuine guy who likes people. Glad to hear you are still doing Apple Mac ads!

Comment

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Good to receive confirmation on this. I was curious when I read that Justin may not be doing the Mac commercials anymore and thought that it was quite odd. Glad to hear he'll be around (along with the ad campaign itself) for a while yet. :cool:

Comment

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I thought Apple would dump him because he was portraying a hacker in a new movie.Folks were wondering if the hacker would use a PeeCee or a Mac.

Interesting.

Comment

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
Also, I'm wondering how much they pay him, considering his statements of being paid well... ..i guess it is Apple...

I talked with Cut Chemist (new Nano ad music) at his Apple Store appearance a few weeks ago. He said that Apple paid him very little for the usage of his song but has been giving him tons of free gear.

Comment

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
I like Justin, im glad to to know he's still doing the ads. Replacing Long or Hodgeman would be weird though, i guess they'll milk this as long as they can and then start a new campaign :p

Comment

robertnq

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2006
San Francisco
mixed emotions...

great that he is stil our mac guy....but i sort of like the idea of the mac getting a upgraded persona and the pc staying the same...oh well...the commericals are great keep em coming....kudos to justin...:)

Comment

skochan

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2006
California
the Dell Dude and Justin

Oh Gosh is this guy our version of the Dell Dude.

Hey, I liked the Dell Dude (too bad he got busted)! And I'm glad Justin will be doing more commercials. I think they're great. My fav so far is the one with the psychiatrist. Of course the home movie one is the most pleasing visually. :)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.