Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
I saw that on MTV's web site and it was just so crass and self-serving. And he might have been drunk when the incident happened, too.

You'd think West would have learned from the debacles of public behavior that he caused not once, but THREE TIMES since 2005 before last night. Sheesh. :mad:

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
People are still surprised by Kanye West?...when i read about i just thought, "business as usual then"

electroshock

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2009
Unbelievable

Hopefully, in the future, the theatre would do the wise thing and prevent his entry to avoid any potential disruption of the ceremony. He can watch it on TV, get any awards he win in the mail, and post any acceptance speech on his blog.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Hopefully, in the future, the theatre would do the wise thing and prevent his entry to avoid any potential disruption of the ceremony. He can watch it on TV, get any awards he win in the mail, and post any acceptance speech on his blog.

Why terminate free publicity, Kanye has brought them more eyeballs

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000
fishsticks1234238643.gif

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Kanye is an idiot, It's true that Taylor Swift sucks and Beyonce's video is much better but the girl won just let her have the moment.

iPhone 62S

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2009
Who the hell cares.

I'm willing to bet my Maybach that this was planned as a PR stunt to get news about the awards/Beyonce/Kanye West on the front page of The Sun, simple as.

And anyway, it's not exactly like people don't already know that Kanye West has a huge ego, anyone who's ever listened to a song by him knows that.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
All this over crappy, manufactured pop stars? Oh please...

QFT.

Where's the awards show for the bands and artists that may not be as famous as Beyonce or Taylor Swift but are a million times more talented?

When was the last time MTV aired a music video anyways? All they show is reality shows and Jackass reruns.

Teh Don Ditty

macrumors G4
Jan 15, 2007
Maryland
Who gives a rat's ass?

MTV has been dead since circa 1992/93. The awards are worthless.

EDIT: Further proof that the human race or perhaps America is getting more worthless by the minute... it's the front page story on CNN. (I'd take a screen shot, but I'm at work using Windows and have no such program)

iPhone 62S

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2009
Who gives a rat's ass?

EDIT: Further proof that the human race or perhaps America is getting more worthless by the minute... it's the front page story on CNN. (I'd take a screen shot, but I'm at work using Windows and have no such program)

You can take a screenshot by pressing "print screen" on the keyboard then pasting into Paint.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Who gives a rat's ass?

The economy is perfect, there's no healthcare crisis, we're not fighting 2 wars, it's not hurricane season, let's cover some dumb incident at the MTV VMAs! :rolleyes:

iPhone 62S

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2009
Perhaps unsurprisingly, this "story" seems to have taken over Twitter too. Almost all of the trending topics are relating to it in some way.

Teh Don Ditty

macrumors G4
Jan 15, 2007
Maryland
The economy is perfect, there's no healthcare crisis, we're not fighting 2 wars, it's not hurricane season, let's cover some dumb incident at the MTV VMAs! :rolleyes:

It absolutely sickens me that this insignificant piece of rubbish makes the news.

The media is absolutely unreal.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Taylor Swift is awful, Beyonce's video was miles better aswell.

And she won video of the year for it....

MTV says it wasn't staged and by the live editing going on during it, you can tell the guy in control of the live shots didn't know. I think they even started to segue into a video on the screen and ended up starting it over.

My favorite mashup of the incident has to be this though... :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.