Keyboard Protector

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Gruffalo26, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Gruffalo26 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Does anyone else find that when they close their MacBook for and hour our two and then come back to it you have a dusty keyboard or screen? Also, i have noticed that where i have been closing the MacBook i now have an outline of the trackpad on the screen.

Does anyone use a protector to go inbetween the keyboard and screen and can recommend as i am struggling to find one?

Thanks
    Gareth

2. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

On the older MacBooks keyboard marks on the screen was pretty common. I can't say I've ever seen trackpad marks though. How old is your machine? Any chance your battery has swollen and is pushing up on the trackpad?

3. Gruffalo26 thread starter macrumors newbie

Its the 2015 MacBook 12".. I have just read a few other posts and it sounds common on these machines.

4. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Check out http://www.radtech.com They make "Screensavrz" which one puts on the keyboard before closing the machine. I have used these for years on all of my various Apple laptops and they are terrific. They're very thin microfibre fabric which prevents marks from getting on the monitor screen from the keyboard and also are handy for wiping off the screen from time to time. I just looked and, yes, there is a "Screensavrz" available for the 12" MacBook.

5. Gruffalo26 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much, that's exactly what i was after but couldnt find anything myself :)

6. polee macrumors 6502a

polee

Yes, I have been using this and it's great. No marks on my screen. However, I do not use a keyboard protector.