Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
According to MacOSRumors.com, Keynote is about to undergo a rework from Apple. Keynote 2 is expected in January 2005, according to MOSR.
More bundled themes -- "ten times more," according to our primary source. More import and export formats, including a streamlined export-to-HTML (web) function. More 2D and 3D transition effects. More chart and table styles to display your data. More optimization for the PowerPC G5 and dual processors.
Additionally noted is better support for PowerPoint files and other presentation program files, and integration with iDVD and DVD Studio Pro.

longofest

Editor emeritus
Jul 10, 2003
Falls Church, VA
It would be nice, but unreliable source (hence page 2)

just remember that this is page 2 guys... This is from Mac OS Rumors, which hasn't gotten anything right for quite a long time. They are great to chat with and they I like reading their pages for fun, but putting too much stock in their predictions is not very wise.

That being said, this is also not a very far-fetched rumor, so it could very well turn out true...

Mudbug

Administrator emeritus
Jun 28, 2002
North Central Colorado
longofest said:
just remember that this is page 2 guys... This is from Mac OS Rumors, which hasn't gotten anything right for quite a long time. They are great to chat with and they I like reading their pages for fun, but putting too much stock in their predictions is not very wise.

That being said, this is also not a very far-fetched rumor, so it could very well turn out true...

I was starting to write a post that said this very thing exactly - so kudos to you and good job on taking the words directly out of my mouth.

MOSR is to be considered unreliable, unless they happen to pull a rabbit out of their hat. Hence page 2.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I think that might be a Photoshop job. The 2003 copyright date makes me suspicious. :D

stoid

macrumors 601
I'm going to say that you've got a clever PS job there, and while we might very well see a Keynote 2 in January, I think that Apple is only going to give a full update if there is some revolutionary new feature. If all it adds is more themes, and better compatibility, it should be 1.5. And they won't integrate to much with iLife, because it's not part of the iLife suite. Notice that FCP doesn't integrate with the iApps, except maybe iDVD. Keynote isn't an iApp, and therefore has no business weighing them down. I think that it would be great if Apple would release iOffice or something like that, but it seems that for office productivity, MS Office is the gold standard (as sad as that is).

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
the copyright is the year that apple copyrighted the keynote name

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
the text looks a bit manky because of the low quality i can post a high res one but the limit is 100KB

QFace

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2003
Calgary, AB
But if it is true... better powerpoint compatibility is must, and integration with the iLife suite is even better. As Apple integrates more and more programs, it truly illustrates how much more a consumer can accomplish on an Apple. Hope it is true :p

stoid

macrumors 601
Hector said:
the text looks a bit manky because of the low quality i can post a high res one but the limit is 100KB

Just crop the image a bit. Or upload it to one of those free image hosters (I think that their limit is higher than 100K), and use the

dabirdwell

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2002
Oklahoma
FCP allows you to import iMovie projects...

that's some kind of integration. plus, can't you browse your iTunes and iPhoto libraries as assets IN FCP? And MPEG2 is all iDVD really needs, right? And FCP or Compressor do that

Maybe that's not really integrated

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
cello said:
Too bad it was 2002, not 2003... see here

and why is 'version' written with small 'v', and not capital 'V' ?

I'm not yet convinced...

version is spelt with a small v in keynote 1 so it's exactly the same and i dont know about the copyright stuff, i got this from apple software engineer, i'm not an apple employe

mbulmer

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2004
How do we know you just didn't change the version number in the .plist file and install some extra third-party themes to make it look like there's more default themes?

Let's see one of the new themes or features! :)

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
the guy who gave this to me posts here, i cant reveal any of the features, he'd be very pissed off as he was only just ok at me revealing that i have it

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
swissmann said:
I've never used Keynote before. How do you guys like it compared to Powerpoint?

It's a joy to use and the transitions etc are a lot nicer than Powerpoint. However, even though I have Microsoft Office 2004 installed, I haven't given Powerpoint 2004 a test run yet. It is meant to be a significant upgrade spurred on by the relative success of Keynote. It is meant to have some nice new features such as Presenter View. But I'm just too used to the interface of Keynote and like it too much to consider changing. It still serves my needs fine.

Just for the record I'm thinking the screenshot is a fake. Nothing new showing that this is Keynote v.2, other than a scroll bar promising lots of new themes, which could of course just be third party themes! But hey, who cares! It's all good fun :D

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I'm a Keynote fan, and I'm looking forward to the v2.0 release, even if the Mac OS Rumors report is completely wrong. I'd love to be surprised by what Apple puts into Keynote!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.