Khomo iPad 2 dual case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Lindenhurst, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Lindenhurst macrumors 6502a

Got one of these by accident and I have to say it is awesome. The Khomo dual case has a smart cover front that works 100% of the time and a thin rubberized back that stays attached. Check it out on Amazon under Khomo dual iPad 2 case. $19.99 reduced from $49.99 and much better than the apple smart cover case, especially since it has a back.

I'll upload some pics when I get back to my IMac.

Anyone try this one out yet?

2. bobright, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2011

bobright macrumors 601

I've got one question, a user on amazon posted they had a Zagg shield and it fit though im still skeptical as it could be the own company hyping up the product. Would you happen to know if you are using a body skin/shield that it would work with this case?

Also looking forward to pictures so please do post when ya can.

Thanks!

3. Lindenhurst thread starter macrumors 6502a

Khomo dual iPad 2 case

Here is the link to Amazon which shows pictures. I am not a seller of anything, but just like this case slot.
    http://www.amazon.com/KHOMO-DUAL-CASE-Polyurethane-Poly-carbonate/dp/B005CI7V1Q

I have now been using the case for a few days and the magnetic on/off feature works 100% of the time, and the magnetic from of thecae does stay shut even if you turn it upside down.

Haven't found a downside to this case yet, and can't believe it sells for under $20.

I think I am going to order another one befor they disappear or before the price goes back up. I seriously looked at the apple smart case combined with a thin snap on cover for the back, but I didn't want to spend $70 for the combination.

----------

I am not using any body skin, and I doubt you could because the back snaps on tightly and I think the skin would prevent it from holding on, but I am just guessing here.

4. bobright macrumors 601

Yeah I've seen the stock photos but could you post some actual flicks if possible? The stock photos don't really do the case justice somewhat blurry

And about the skin that's a bummer to hear, but maybe it actually would fit as I've scoured through a few of the Khomo cases on amazon and a few people have said the Zagg shield fits with it so I'm willing to give it a shot.

5. chamcent macrumors newbie

Thanks!

Thanks for posting about this cases! It looks very promising and I just ordered one for myself! Just in time as I'm already looking for a replacement/backup in case my STM Skinny breaks apart. (the fabric is starting to fray and the tab is coming loose)

6. LincolnsiPod macrumors 6502

Just bought one myself, hope it's worth it. Initially I thought the mention of it here was rather spammy, but there were enough authentic reviews on Amazon to indicate what its apparently minor drawbacks were, yet overall for the price it was a good solution to get the smart cover experience plus protect the back.

Too bad there's no cutout to show the Apple logo though. I want the girlie boys around me who use Galaxy or *stifles laughter* HP Touchpads to know what a real tablet is. :D

7. Lindenhurst thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah I figured that some would assume that I was selling the case when I posted the thread, but as an Apple junkie who has almost everything Apple makes, I just wanted to share the case info with those who also were looking for a case. I'm surely not selling these, nor do I have any stake in whoever is. I read the threads about the people having problems with the Apple case magnets getting weak, and I wonder why anyone would make a case for a $500+ product that is held on by a magnet. I am ordering another Knomo car now. The one that I was given was the grey cover with black back, and I prefer all black.

Based on everything I have seen and purchased in the past, I think $20 is a steal for this one.

8. King Julian macrumors regular

9. Lindenhurst thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tell it like it is ok? I started this thread only, and as many do here, I read other people's threads aNd occasionally comment.
    I did not start 3 threads about this case.
    Something wrong with that?

10. LincolnsiPod macrumors 6502

Don't take it too personally, your account is new and spammers tend to do this all the time. Had you been here for a while and posted regularly, nobody would be thinking twice about your <3 for Khomo. :D

11. Lindenhurst thread starter macrumors 6502a

Actually I have been following this forum for about 3 years now. I just never took the time to register and say anything!

12. chamcent, Aug 29, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  13. bobright macrumors 601

You said you were going to post pics any chance ya can still do that?

thx

14. AC Rempt macrumors 6502

AC Rempt

It also doesn't help that one of the nine reviews on Amazon is clearly from a shill for the company.

15. Lindenhurst, Aug 30, 2011

Lindenhurst thread starter macrumors 6502a

16. Lindenhurst thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry but I am new to this and am not sure why they are sideways. Also, the spots on the picture of back are crumbs. Didn't realize they were there until after i took the shots.

Attached Files:

17. LincolnsiPod macrumors 6502

Does look nice actually. Can you stand portrait side up rather than Landscape as well? I know there's a docking stand for it at Apple but I'm not sure it'd fit with the case on.

18. glen e macrumors 68030

got this case today and I like it - cover will not stay closed when turned upside down...but good production quality...

19. LincolnsiPod macrumors 6502

Interesting, do you know if the Apple smart covers stay on upside down or is this a common trait for these types of covers?

20. glen e, Aug 30, 2011

glen e macrumors 68030

I should explain - hanging directly upside down the apple covers fall away too but hold longer before falling away than the khomo...provably just due to weight of the khomo....also possible as the khomo breaks in, it will hug the screen better - my joints of the front cover are very stiff as new and the first joint does not lay flat against the screen like the apple covers. I will keep the khomo in landscape curled up behind for a few days to break it in...I like the case. I need one as the apple covers sliding in an out of a mess bag in TSA situations sometimes bunch up and break off the magnets so the khomo fills that void...

not laying flat like the apple case (yet)
    [​IMG]

I'll post a pic after I apply the icarbons strips to the front too...a bit industrial bland as is...

21. LincolnsiPod macrumors 6502

22. bobright macrumors 601

I am curious which seller did you purchase from? I thought you had it in black?

I see there is a seller on amazon which has black photos of the case, though it doesnt say in the description that it is black which is kind of misleading.

Anyway thx for posting

23. Lindenhurst thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mine came from Amazon, but I do not know what seller it was from though. I got it from a friend who ordered it for their iPad 1 and didn't realize it was for an iPad 2.

It is grey and black. I actually prefer all black, but as I said, it was given to me.

My cover lays flat, and has from day 1, and if I hold it upside down, the magnetic cover stays closed.

Mine does lay flat and the cover does not hang down when held upside down.

24. glen e macrumors 68030

sorry but there is no way i believe that...

25. LincolnsiPod macrumors 6502

Looks like we need a few more pics, LOL :D