Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac4Brains

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2005
I don't care about the Android stuff but I do like the idea of getting some of the things I liked about my old Palm back. SD and microSD card slots would be nice, inferred sender and receiver, a place to hold a stylus, than add extra battery life an perhaps extra memory that the iPhone can access, and return the 3.5mm headphone jack. I would not care if it made my iPhone twice as thick, as long as it works.

Another popular thing I have started to see in smart phone cases is making it work as part of a wallet. so a space that can hold a ew ID or credit cards would be nice too.

Like I said I don't care about the droid part of this but I do like the rest of the idea. perhaps if they ge the company going they can expand into additional items like the stuff I want.

NightFox

macrumors 68040
May 10, 2005
Shropshire, UK
Hold on to your money guys, I'm shortly going to be launching a similar kickstarter campaign, but mine features another iPhone on the back on your iPhone. Once I get the final testing on the rubber bands out the way, I'm looking to launch in just over 2 weeks.

Reactions: jclo and thasan

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
This product certainly wouldn't be for me. But I do see the concept behind it and it is interesting. I'm sure will be able to a very small demographic, if it ever expands beyond a kick starter.

And Grumpy Mom, is that you in your avatar picture? I didn't know you smoked. /S
:eek: Lol, no that's not me. That's a character named "Patsy" from the British comedy "Absolutely Fabulous". She drinks heavily, she smokes, she's promiscuous, she's been to rehab countless times, she's snarky and snide. She's the complete antithesis of me, but there are days I wish I had an inner Patsy I could turn loose on some people. :rolleyes: She and I do share the same fried blonde hair, which I did to myself because you're never too old to freak out your parents (as long as they are still around) and if you can also shock your kids...bonus points! Nothing shocks my husband because he saw my 1980's hair. And I saw his 80's hair. :confused::eek: Ugh. 80's hair.

Oops, just noticed I missed your /S part of your post. Lol...maybe I should start drinking. My reading skills can't get any worse!

Getting back to the main thread...I think even though the concept is intriguing, ANY added bulk to an iPhone is too off putting for most people and a two faced phone is awkward. And the whole thing reminds me too much of Professor Quirrel with Voldemort attached to the back of his head. (From Harry Potter)

IMG_0283.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 44267547

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
What if iphone has dual SIM cards?
Is there any other compelling usage case showing the value of "fusing" two OS in one device?

It does come with a microSD reader, which I've heard people on MR wish for. Also, didn't it say that it makes taking selfies with the rear camera easier? While I'm not that interested in it, some people are.
[doublepost=1489584123][/doublepost]
Kind of like 2-in-1 Shampoo+Conditioner. iOS+Android. One is poo.

That's still better than the shampoo + conditioner + body wash things I've seen. Ooh, maybe these guys will decide to attach a Windows phone to the side!

Kajje

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2012
Asia
We all put ugly covers blocking the artwork of our iPhones' back. I see possibilities in putting a picture of the real iPhone backside, as Android wallpaper.

Reactions: Shirasaki

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
That classifies as a 'smart iPhone case'? Well, you could make one out of concrete I suppose. It would be 'smarter' than this one.

But, I kinda like that idea. I had a Motorola StarTac cellphone, and Motorola came out with a PDA that snapped on the back of the phone. It was a great idea. At the time... It made the slim and sexy StarTac look like it was 8 months pregnant, but it actually worked well. I used it for quite a few years. Can't remember what happened to it.

Ahh, the 'good old days'.

Kr15

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2014
London
I'd love to see this product "flipped" other way round to be honest - partial iPhone slapped to the back of the Pixel phone.
That would give me an opportunity to switch to Pixel and still be able to receive FaceTime video calls and iMessages.
I'm soooo tired of the iPhones, same old, same old... Booooooring....

avanpelt

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
It pisses me off when people think that Android and iOS are somehow different enough to warrant having both systems on one device. Use one of them, not both.

Eh, I can see certain use cases where someone would prefer Android over iOS. I'd love tight OS integration with Waze and Google Maps. That hasn't happened on iOS (and isn't likely to happen anytime soon), but it is possible on Android. That's really my best (and only) use case for Android over iOS at this point.

C'mon, Apple! I spent over $900 on an iPhone. If your customer wants to use Siri with a third-party navigation app, the OS on this $900 phone should be able to do that. Hopefully, Apple will realize one of these days that Apple Maps is not the best solution for everyone and they'll stop punishing people who want to use another navigation app systemwide.

MTBCAM88

Suspended
Feb 28, 2017
Ogden, UT
Pass.

I'm not sure why on earth anybody would find this worth the trouble and expense. I've never run into a situation where I found myself pining for the Android version of any app I use. Even the Google apps work well enough on an iPhone. About the only thing I can think of is to use the Android screen for throwaway situations, such as kids playing games.
The google apps work better on iOS than they do on Android...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.