Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo today reiterated his belief that the Apple Vision Pro will launch in additional countries before Apple's annual developers conference WWDC in June. The headset first launched in the U.S. earlier this month.

Apple-Vision-Pro-with-battery-Feature-Blue-Magenta.jpg

Apple will likely expand the Vision Pro to more English-speaking countries, such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the U.K., but it has also been localizing visionOS in preparation to launch the headset in countries like France, Germany, Italy, and Spain.

Kuo said demand for the Vision Pro in the U.S. has "slowed down significantly" since the headset launched there on February 2. He estimated that U.S. shipments of the headset will total 200,000 to 250,000 units this year, which he said is better than Apple's original estimate of 150,000 to 200,000 units, but it is still a "niche market."

In recent weeks, there was a lot of discussion about Vision Pro returns on social media. However, based on his inspection of the "repair/refurbishment production line" for the headset, Kuo estimated that the current return rate is "less than 1%."

All in all, Kuo said the Vision Pro launch in the U.S. played out mostly in line with his expectations, beyond a "higher-than-expected number of early adopters."

Article Link: Kuo: Apple Vision Pro on Track to Launch in More Countries Before WWDC in June

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: gusmula and SFjohn

deaglecat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
I would be interested in the International pricing. Normally UK and EU prices are a bit higher (though often include sales tax).

International launch would confirm that Apple is still on track with this and that the initial reaction has been within expectations.

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2015
Awesome its being released in more countries… but this really is an unusual apple product in that for most people its just far too expensive and there are other offerings at a far lower price on the market.

Reactions: AdonisSMU

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
I wonder how people generally feel about Vpro. ;)

Note: before this comment is taken seriously by some in spite of the wink emoji, this is a joke comment. 500+ Vpro threads make it abundantly clear that there are big pockets of extremists at both ends of the spectrum with passionate opinions about Vpro. The joke is in wondering if anyone could still NOT know at that point.

Last edited:

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal
Well Vision Pro hype cooled down here in the states. It doesn’t take a genius that a $4k product will have a harder time to gain traction overseas.

It’s a no brainer once Apple gets the price down to under $1k it will move.

Until then it will be a niche product like the AirPods max.

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
Well Vision Pro hype cooled down here in the states. It doesn’t take a genius that a $4k product will have a harder time to gain traction overseas.

There’s no way this thing approaches 1k. Or 2k. The bom was over 1.5k. They had to add 2k to that to cover the expenses and whatever margin they demand. Add in return rate and crack gate replacement program down the line.

Reactions: Surf Monkey

paulovsouza

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2012
This is a really cool device, that’s going to help us move into what I want the future to be like, I just don’t understand the negativity. People did down play the first iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and look where we’re at now and how many of those category it helped advance.

icemantx

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2009
With the cost in the US being $3499 USD, what will the price be internationally? Based on other Apple device pricing, Vision Pro is going to be an even more expensive purchase outside the US which will certainly limit sales.

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
This is a really cool device, that’s going to help us move into what I want the future to be like, I just don’t understand the negativity. People did down play the first iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and look where we’re at now and how many of those category it helped advance.

People downplayed the Apple car and look where we’re at now.

lartola

macrumors 68000
Feb 10, 2017

Down to under 1k? that’s insane. Apple won’t do that. Not ever. They’ll die before they do that. They didn’t get the price to drop for previous products such as iphone, ipad or apple watch. Why would they ever do it for the vision pro?

lartola

macrumors 68000
Feb 10, 2017
Awesome its being released in more countries… but this really is an unusual apple product in that for most people its just far too expensive and there are other offerings at a far lower price on the market.

As usual with apple’s products. And, also as usual, Apple is showing that it couldn’t care less if there are less expensive alternatives.

Bodhitree

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2021
Netherlands
The concentration of high earners in the Apple customer base is greatest in the States, but sales in China, Japan and Europe could expand the sales envelope. If they expect post-launch sales in the US to be flat that would not help.

DelayedGratificationGene

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2020
I wonder how people generally feel about Vpro. ;)

Note: before this is taken seriously by some in spite of the wink emoji, this is a joke. 500+ Vpro threads make it abundantly clear that there are big pockets of extremists at both ends of the spectrum with passionate opinions about Vpro. The joke is in wondering if anyone could still NOT know at that point.
Go to FB VP Groups and you can read all about it. The groups are doubling members every 10-12 days btw.

Jeehut

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2021
Mainz, Germany
Yes, please, bring it to Germany – I'm eagerly waiting for it since launch!

Gotta come up with more interesting app ideas and test them out in detail. It's not enough to visit the developer labs for a day every few weeks to develop proper apps.

I hope Kuo is right! 🙏

ShadowJade

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2014
Please list competing products….I own/have used several that I am sure you would list…Vision Pro is not the same, by far. Even my children can’t get enough of using it, yet there sits our Oculus Quest and its clunky controls on the shelf, charging and gathering dust. Until you use one, you simply can’t make the comparison. We have 2 units in our home, and they aren’t going back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.