Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro order demand is ahead of expectations since the start of pre-orders on Friday, according to a research note by Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo and obtained by MacRumors.

iphone-11-and-11-pro.jpg

Basing his analysis in part on Apple's online shipping estimates, Kuo believes demand is "significantly stronger" for the iPhone 11 in the new green and purple colors and the iPhone 11 Pro in midnight green, but he notes that the latter model is facing production issues and is currently constrained.
The shipping times of midnight green iPhone 11 Pro, green iPhone 11, and purple iPhone 11 are all two-three weeks or longer. The shipping times of other colors are roughly shorter than ten days. It should be noted that the glass casings of midnight green models are currently facing production issues; therefore, it makes the shipping time longer.
Kuo sees demand for the more expensive iPhone 11 Pro being higher in the U.S., while the cheaper iPhone 11 series is doing particularly well in the Chinese market. As a result, TF Securities has increased its forecast of iPhone 11 shipments in 2019 to 70-75 million units (versus the previous 65-70 million units), and predicts the iPhone supply chain will grow steadily in the fourth quarter.

Kuo believes the iPhone 11 is an excellent upgrade choice for iPhone 6/6s/7 users, especially because of its lower price, which is roughly equivalent to 1-1.3 times the average monthly salary in China. Kuo says this is "close to the price sweet spot," given that the iPhone XR's price equivalence was 1.5-1.7 times the average monthly salary in China. In addition to Apple's aggressive pricing strategy, Kuo notes that the zero-interest installment plans for 24 months are also lowering the purchase barriers.

The successors to the iPhone XS and XS Max, the iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max unveiled last week feature triple-lens rear cameras for improved photo and video capabilities. The lower-cost iPhone 11 series, which succeeds the iPhone XR, includes a number of upgrades such as a dual-lens rear camera, six new colors, an A13 Bionic chip, and Dolby Atmos sound.

The iPhone 11 starts at $699, which is $50 less than the iPhone XR, while the iPhone 11 Pro starts at $999 and the Pro Max starts at $1,099. Apple's new devices officially start shipping this Friday, September 20.

Article Link: Kuo: iPhone 11 Order Demand Better Than Expected, New Colors Particularly Popular

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
I doubt that’s the case. The new colour are hideous.
Apple sells millions of new iPhones in their new colors to people who want those colors. MacRumors forum member declares said new colors hideous. Apparently an awful lot of other people don't find them the slightest bit hideous. It would appear your taste in color choices is in the minority.

jgbr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
It’s in a few months to see past the initial upgraders that will really count.

I’m not convinced many are actually upgrading bar the initial buzz.

I’m still expecting iPhone sales figures as a whole to drop again this year.

chineseguy38

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Melbourne
Don't think the new iPhones are doing well at all in Australia. Still get one to be delivered on 20th from Apple Store or any phone carriers here.

ke-iron

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2014
Glad I’m not the only one with the question “color?” on their mind. My mind is blown right now just by reading this.

I’m upgrading because of all the new cameras. I travel often and take a lot of pictures so I want the best photos I can possibly get all the time. The plus 5 hours battery life is the second reason I’m upgrading, and third reason is the unique dual video recording system.

Cancelled
Aug 18, 2005
I think that midnight green colour is ugly... Looks like the same drab green the army use on their stuff.

But anyway to each their own :) I'd go for the yellow one if I could afford an iPhone.

By the way it wouldn't influence what type of phone I'd buy but if I decided on a certain phone it is nice to get a beautiful colour. At the moment I have a Samsung S8 with "Orchid Grey" which is kind of grey with a purple sheen, really beautiful. I did pay 40 bucks extra for that over the black model (the RRP is the same for all colours but the black one was cheaper in most street shops). It still was only 440 euro :) As Samsung drops their prices a lot during the year after release. If Apple did that too I'd get one again - I had them until the 4.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.