Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jmona

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 6, 2015
I'm not quite sure if I posted this one.
I got it right before my trip.
My 5 pointer hick.
Removed 2 links from each side and it fits amazing. I actually like it a lot because it gives my watch a lot of character!
I'd say if you were thinking of getting one; buy it! It's a real nice band with a nice weight to it and while masculine, I think is girly enough for my father in law to tell me today that he loved how it looked on me!

b2a2446baa18b22b04c1c22190079661.jpg

Reactions: batristain

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Looks awesome - can you post a link? I love the modern buckle but I've given up on Apple making them available :(

I bought it from a site in the UK called CEX. They only had one and luckily it was in my size. I had to pay a bit more for it -£230 but I don't mind as apple don't seem like they will ever make them available to buy separately. I've been waiting 3 months to get this band!!!

I would say to keep checking on eBay. I've seen a couple on there over the last few months but none were in medium.

There's one on eBay now. It's a small. I don't know of its any good for you.

q-40.jpg

View item:
Open Box Apple Watch 38mm Soft Pink Modern Buckle Band Only - Size: Small Woman

End Time: 23 Aug 2015 04:05:58 BST

3under2

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Stockholm, Sweden
I bought it from a site in the UK called CEX. They only had one and luckily it was in my size. I had to pay a bit more for it -£230 but I don't mind as apple don't seem like they will ever make them available to buy separately. I've been waiting 3 months to get this band!!!

I would say to keep checking on eBay. I've seen a couple on there over the last few months but none were in medium.

q-40.jpg

View item:

I'm 147cm. Do I need a medium or could I SQUEEZE into a small?

3under2

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Stockholm, Sweden

q-40.jpg

View item:

I'm in Northern Europe so going to check your UK link too!

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I'm 147cm. Do I need a medium or could I SQUEEZE into a small?
I don't know. I'm 145 cm but I got the medium as I didn't want to risk the small being too small. The medium has 5 holes in it and starts at 145 cm. It fits on the first hole but there is no room, but it doesn't feel too tight. I like my watches a bit loose. So I suppose I could have squeezed into the small as it stops at 150 cm. I think you might possibly be able to get into the small one.

3under2

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Stockholm, Sweden
Dang it. I really need to try it on then. I would prefer the medium just to be sure. At least they are finally released in my country now so I can try it.

Snoopy16

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2015

q-40.jpg

View item:

That looks great. Thanks for sharing!

batristain

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
Richmond,VA

q-40.jpg

View item:

Thanks - actually I need the small so this is perfect :)

Mac2me

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
I think my next sport band will be the coral color. Was looking through my closet and I have a few tops that would look great with it. I have the white and find it super comfortable. Thanks for your photos Shanghaichica. I originally wanted the pink modern but opted for the 42mm so it wasn't even a consideration. Went for the black modern and while that took forever to ship pre-order, the pink modern was really late. I was thinking that because the buckle is pretty big on the 38mm it would be huge on the 42mm so that was probably why it wasn't offered in that size. I still love the look of it and the color bands it came with. Looks nice on your wrist.

Reactions: Jmona

Jmona

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 6, 2015
Did you see that it had a tear that they superglued?
I mean not to sound rude but. But for that price and for a band that has been fixed with glue; why not just fork in the extra $25 and get it brand new? Maybe it's just me but I don't get it.

Reactions: batristain

Jmona

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 6, 2015
Has any of you bought any of the third party sports bands that are 1:1 clone of Apple's? Can anyone provide a link? I was going to buy a couple more today at Topeka's Apple Store but my husband Changed plans and we're not going to Topeka today and we don't have one in Manhattan.
We're at our farm in KS so I wanted to order a couple clones online to be waiting when I got home next Monday.

Jmona

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 6, 2015
Also, and sorry for the million posts but, have any of you seen any bands that can be for kids? I'd love to see a kickstarter for Kids Bands! No one has thought on it yet.

Reactions: ModMyWatch

Mac2me

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
Also, and sorry for the million posts but, have any of you seen any bands that can be for kids? I'd love to see a kickstarter for Kids Bands! No one has thought on it yet.

I suspect not because 1) even a 38mm would be huge on most kids' arms and 2) while maybe some parents would buy a $350 watch for their kids (they give them phones after all) I don't think many would be making that purchase, so how many bands would they really sell.

ModMyWatch

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2015
Pennsylvania
I suspect not because 1) even a 38mm would be huge on most kids' arms and 2) while maybe some parents would buy a $350 watch for their kids (they give them phones after all) I don't think many would be making that purchase, so how many bands would they really sell.

Had I the time and resources I'd definitely design a few bands for children and license the popular kid shows. My son commonders my watch every chance he gets. If Apple is true to the beta and the watch has Wifi independence from the phone and a scaled down version, he'll end up with one for Christmas. Then I'll be scouting for a Spider-Man wrist band it. LOL!

Reactions: Jmona
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.