Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maleficent86

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
Did I forget to mention the stand I ordered from Kickstarter (which should be shipping sometime next week)?

W3-whiteBG.jpg

The versions for only 2 gadgets are already shipping. But I wanted to be able to put them all together.

Did you receive it yet? I really want this too but I would like to hear a real review on it first.

batristain

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
Richmond,VA
I mean not to sound rude but. But for that price and for a band that has been fixed with glue; why not just fork in the extra $25 and get it brand new? Maybe it's just me but I don't get it.
I actually want brown or black so I will wait for Apple....that's the issue - you can't buy the damn things on their site yet....crazy

Reactions: Jmona

Jmona

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 6, 2015
Had I the time and resources I'd definitely design a few bands for children and license the popular kid shows. My son commonders my watch every chance he gets. If Apple is true to the beta and the watch has Wifi independence from the phone and a scaled down version, he'll end up with one for Christmas. Then I'll be scouting for a Spider-Man wrist band it. LOL!
That's exactly what I want. A Spider-Man Band since my boy is the biggest fan.
Too bad he went fishing with his Dad I would've posted a photo of his SGW.
The small sports band fits on the very last hole but it'd be neat to see bands for kids.
One of my best friends also got one for his daughter and she's the same age as my son.
Tis when he got it the first day.
cb09e5a8df3448c3857b5a5137ba49d5.jpg

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
Did you receive it yet? I really want this too but I would like to hear a real review on it first.

Not yet. While the W1 and W2 versions have been shipped, they held back on the W3 because of the cables. I can wait longer, they just look amazing. I will definitely share once I get it.

That's exactly what I want. A Spider-Man Band since my boy is the biggest fan.
Too bad he went fishing with his Dad I would've posted a photo of his SGW.
The small sports band fits on the very last hole but it'd be neat to see bands for kids.
One of my best friends also got one for his daughter and she's the same age as my son.
emoji4.png

Tis when he got it the first day.
emoji2.png
emoji120.png

You guys are seriously buying $350 watches for your children?

Reactions: SerenaC

Jmona

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 6, 2015
Not yet. While the W1 and W2 versions have been shipped, they held back on the W3 because of the cables. I can wait longer, they just look amazing. I will definitely share once I get it.

You guys are seriously buying $350 watches for your children?
Sure! My kid's a good kid and for his good behavior and other things he deserved it so why not?!

3under2

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Stockholm, Sweden
Sure! My kid's a good kid and for his good behavior and other things he deserved it so why not?!

Why not? My three girls are too little still but they do have their own iPads already (twins almost 5 and 6). They have our old iphones but they don't dial. It really depends on the child. I work in IT and my husband owns a Home Automation company so my girls have been introduced to technology from day 1. They do have their own stuff but since they are so young, we don't let them use them all day. Some days they don't use them at all and on other days only 15-20 minutes. When we travel internationally, they use them more.

stringbeanie

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2008
Southern California
Has anyone who purchased their leather loop, cut the long end? I purchased the band from Ray at aliexpress (38mm), thinking it would be approximately the same length as the metal Apple Milanese loop but it's way too long by more than a centimeter. It looks like the magnets would still stick if you cut a little off.

3under2

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Stockholm, Sweden
Has anyone who purchased their leather loop, cut the long end? I purchased the band from Ray at aliexpress (38mm), thinking it would be approximately the same length as the metal Apple Milanese loop but it's way too long by more than a centimeter. It looks like the magnets would still stick if you cut a little off.
I thought about it as mine are a touch too long too. I'm going to check youtube :).

Reactions: Jmona

Jmona

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 6, 2015
Why not? My three girls are too little still but they do have their own iPads already (twins almost 5 and 6). They have our old iphones but they don't dial. It really depends on the child. I work in IT and my husband owns a Home Automation company so my girls have been introduced to technology from day 1. They do have their own stuff but since they are so young, we don't let them use them all day. Some days they don't use them at all and on other days only 15-20 minutes. When we travel internationally, they use them more.
Same here. Like right now we're heading back home from KS to CO and they're in their iPhones both 8 and 3.5. Also I must mention my kids have already gotten spoiled by uncle Woz whom is Seans hero btw. So he wants to be just like him.
It's actually interesting at the end of the day when he is charging his phone and I get to see his activity tracker to see how much he's walked every day. And his heart rate. He is a wiggle kid that's for sure. He merely uses his phone and limits its use for phone calls and only during trips he's allowed to actually game on but at home, there's a no iDevices rule and they're completely fine with it since we're always outdoors anyways.

Jmona

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 6, 2015
(Edit: I'm adding the extra white band ordered)

Looks like same ASB colors are popping out for the classic buckle from Apple but non OEM. I got these 2 today and they are awesome!
I have been looking for a green Leather band that resembles this modern buckle green band that isn't available anywhere.
81acbe4b57ee32a37c736435ed7ec22f.jpg

And of course here's the Apple Sport Band in green.
f0450de34582844edcd58cf759f4dbc6.jpg

And here's the green band with the white leather band.
Great seller by the way. I ordered about 10 days ago from China and no hold ups. They shipped within hours of payment and I'm very happy.
Heck. Green is one of my 2 favorite colors and mainly because Peridot is mine and my kids Birthstone so it's pretty awesome they arrived on time for my birthday. Happy Birthday to me!
b4ccf8ea01b9d46504dc28fee67d36b6.jpg

Got them both from here:
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=281701236465&globalID=EBAY-US
It's thick leather and although it isn't the Modern Buckle Green I've been asking about, it's definitely better looking than the green ASB.
It even matches my Verragio Rings!
9354ff1d0c49222f45d50a44f20f7db6.jpg

Last edited:

Jmona

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 6, 2015
I would like a lady's opinion. I know a lot of people aren't fans of gold, but all of my accessories are gold. Which band looks best? View attachment 572397 View attachment 572398 View attachment 572399 View attachment 572400
I'm biased because I have the 5 pointer but I absolutely LOVE how it looks on you much better than the mesh Milanese. If it's for casual wear.
I like the Milanese if you're wearing suit and tie whilst the 5 bead is a more open choice.
IMHO the Milanese not only looks old fashioned which is good btw. It resembles a lot one of my Dad's Rolex's. So one is more casual than the other and the Milanese I feel is more "formal" imo.
I love both though. But I love the old fashioned look the Milanese brings because although the watch is quite modern itself, the "old fashioned" look of the mesh makes it more elegant and sophisticated.

Reactions: broadbean

Jmona

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 6, 2015
Happy Birthday!
hanks but my birthday is not here yet.
I was saying I was worried it wouldn't arrive on time for my birthday since you know how long it takes for Chinese sellers to ship and shipping times. Birthday is not till the 21st. First is my 2 kids next week, 2 weeks later and 2 days after.
But thank you so much for the early birthday wish.
You and SOYA are the first to wish me a good one.

Reactions: broadbean
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.