Last Call: Deal for 3 Months of DirecTV Now and Apple TV 4K at No Cost Expires Today

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 8, 2018.

1. al256 macrumors 6502a

al256

Ordered Thursday, just got the Fedex delivery manager email and it's arriving tomorrow.

2. QuickDraw macrumors regular

Signed up Sunday night. Service barely worked, whenever i tried it, got twice $5 "inconvenience" credits to my account. at that rate this is going to be a money maker... Is the service always as flaky or did i just happen to hit service outages by chance?

3. mellofello macrumors 65816

I did their first offer for a 1080p ATC when they first launched. It was extremely touch and go for months.

I did it again last year to get the ATV 4k and it was much better. Never really had a issue besides a few hiccups on live sports.

My main issue is that it is really hard to channel surf with their UI, and the ATV remote.

4. KPandian1, Jun 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2018

KPandian1 macrumors 65816

Did they just give you the money or did you contact them?

PS: The "free" ATV 4K is still available as of now.

5. QuickDraw macrumors regular

I went on their chat, once it was not working, to figure out if it is something on my end or theirs. During the chat session the rep credited me twice $5. I didn't ask for it. It's a nice gesture, but at the end of the day i rather have a working streaming service. I think i might have just been unlucky to hit a service outage after signing up and trying it out... at least i hope so :)

6. KPandian1 macrumors 65816

Thank you. I asked because I didn't get streaming for two days after signing up, on Friday, last week.

7. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Even though the computer website would not show or speak the promo code for the 4K Apple TV promotion anymore, I was able to view the code and place an order for the 4K Apple tv just now via my iPhone C (for a family member) for the $105.00. Hopefully, it will go thru and be fulfilled.

Wanted to give a heads up to anyone else who (at the last minute) decided to try and make use of the offer. It may still work for you.