Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Feb 11, 2007
Amazing how many people complain no matter what.

Same people who wanted dark mode for years now getting it still have gripes about it.....blows my mind.

I for one am happy as can be.

Improvements to ‘reminders’ and ‘calendar’ and aesthetically pleasing OS, thank you Apple. Though it took long enough I’m grateful.

You must be new here? That's all these forums are nowadays :)

TheFluffyDuck

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2012
If Apple had some minerals it would pull a "MacOS Classic -> OSX Aqua" level of update on everybody, make a unified experience between MacOS and iOS, that unleashes the iPads hardware, and update the Mac experience. But that wont happen.

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Feb 11, 2007
As popular as the XR is, I’ll bet against you. Not a chance they would exclude their most popular selling device.

And what’s with all of the pessimism on the release. It’s not even out yet and people are lamenting what’s not included in iOS 13. WTH? :confused:
see above :)

I really dont care anymore about new iOS features. Most of the features i've needed are in iOS now. It's really become an appliance at this point. Make it faster (cause that's always great) and keep getting rid of bugs.

Suspended
Oct 2, 2016
Alright, what more intuitive UI would you propose for this, then? Since this is consistent with how drag-and-drop works throughout iOS, keep in mind that what would work on the home screen must also then work in apps.
Once you press touch on an icon, the UI would zoom out and you could place every single icon in the exact and absolute position you'd want.

AppleHaterLover

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2018
keep getting rid of bugs.

It boggles my mind how iOS is still unable to remember the last music app I've been using. For the last 5 years, when I press play on Control Center my iPhone will blast that ****ing U2 album they forced onto my iPhone a few years ago instead of opening Spotify.

Apple should be smarter than that.

Reactions: WannaGoMac

hank moody

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2015
I can see this being a huge disappointment of a release.
Dark mode doesn't exactly fix the aging look and lackluster features of what could be done with the technology there.
13 years later and there is still no way to mass move icons other than one by one.
Screens and screens of jumbled icons that become just unused because they're lost and the folders just don't work well enough. Why on earth you're restricted to 9 icons in a folder when the phone is capable of displaying 24 icons.

Same design/black. Just isn't enough.
I don't know why you have likes in this post.

Yes, you can move more than one icon.
And if you lose icons, sorry but it is your problem. Be a bit more tidy and just install what you use! That isn't an iPhone problem, is your problem.
Less is more.

iGeneo

macrumors demi-god
Jul 3, 2010
You must be new here? That's all these forums are nowadays :)

Exactly, everybody here complains but yet they’re still here following Apple.

I understand that some are disappointed but others are trying to mold the phone into everything they want and that’s just not going be Apples way. As many have said here countless times, if you don’t like it go build your own phone or buy an Android which is a dumpster fire these days.

At the end of the day it’s just a phone it’s not gonna change your life, some people really need to put the phone down and get out into the world.

AppleHaterLover

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2018
Exactly, everybody here complains but yet they’re still here following Apple.

I understand that some are disappointed but others are trying to mold the phone into everything they want and that’s just not going be Apples way. As many have said here countless times, if you don’t like it go build your own phone or buy an Android which is a dumpster fire these days.

At the end of the day it’s just a phone it’s not gonna change your life, some people really need to put the phone down and get out into the world.

Last year I complained to no end about Apple and I bought a MBP in June, an enormous iPad Pro in September, and an iPhone XR in December.

I've been doing the same this year. Hell I've been doing this since at least 2011. What else am I going to do? Buy an Android????

Reactions: iGeneo

Ronlap

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2007
San Francisco Bay Area
I've been a development manager and product manager. Somehow I just don't see Animoji or Dark Mode as differentiators or something to get excited about.

I guess I don't work for Apple because I would be putting my resources into bug fixes, improving a tired UI and helping the keyboard learn how your fingers select keys when you make corrections to fat-fingered keystrokes. If Apple wants to add a really cool and useless function, how about a screen that shows the GPS constellation like many original GPS units used to do.

brunosh

macrumors regular
May 14, 2014
What's wrong with the reminders app in the first place? I use it everyday and it's just fine, it does what it's supposed to.

MyopicPaideia

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2011
Sweden
I can see this being a huge disappointment of a release.
Dark mode doesn't exactly fix the aging look and lackluster features of what could be done with the technology there.
13 years later and there is still no way to mass move icons other than one by one.
Screens and screens of jumbled icons that become just unused because they're lost and the folders just don't work well enough. Why on earth you're restricted to 9 icons in a folder when the phone is capable of displaying 24 icons.

Same design/black. Just isn't enough.
Yeah, not disagreeing, but you can move mass icons using multitouch multiselection...and you aren’t restricted to 9 icons in the folder, you can flip through 9 icons at a time in a folder...

nconnella

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2008
Just curious what are some ideas that they can that wouldn’t make it boring?

Night Sight camera function
bot call screening
Instant song recognition

Just to name three... there’s a lot more if we talk hardware but this is just a few of the things the Pixel is doing that the iPhone isn’t.

Skoal

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2009
All the negativity here is the norm. Year after year we get endless posts of “most boring update yet” etc etc. I swear some of you have nothing better to do at work than whine. Why you’re on Macrumors at work says enough anyway. This will be a nice jump and changes will come as the OS matures as always. iOS is the best out there hands down.

Dark mode is a welcome change

Skoal

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2009
They always are. At least for tech-savvy ones.
On the other hand, expectations are always high sky! I mean, really really high!

Agreed. Some folks think every year should be a complete redesign. There is a reason that doesn’t happen. Many reasons

Skoal

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2009
I'm more excited about a new reminders app than Dark Mode. I hate the current one and haven't found one that fits me well yet.

Take a look at Memento. Looks like the new Apple app is a blatant ripoff of that design

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.