iPhone X Latest & greatest...for only 4 or 5 months?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ralfi, Jan 10, 2018.

1. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

Is "Galaxy" a type of Samsung phone or is it a brand competitor of Samsung? Is a "Droid" and an "Android" the same thing?

2. 4RunnerHeaven Suspended

imho, the S9 is the same as the s8. Nothing excites and even the review sites are saying that it's getting dated. And that curve will drive you nuts on the glass. My s7 edge irritates me to no end.

3. DougFNJ macrumors 65816

DougFNJ

Im curious how the switching goes between customers who have Samsung and switch to iPhone and vice versa.

Speaking for myself, I couldn’t look at a Samsung phone and say, gotta have that latest tech, go out and buy it and seamlessly switch. I have a lot of apps I paid for, iPhone accessories that use lightning, within the ecosystem, my Mac, iPad, and Apple TV which synchronize extremely well. It would be both time consuming and very expensive.

I haven’t used Android in years. There would also be a huge learning curve which typically leads to inconvenience as I typically figure out I have to learn about a new feature at the most inconvenient times. Then there is the security aspect, I am not 100% confident in Privacy with Android. They still need as much detail about me, my interests, and my habits so they could market me better to their customers. I could go on, but you get the point.

There is a lot more to switching than just the hardware and thought of getting higher specs. Samsung markets the specs, Apple markets the experience.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I saw a leaked image for the details of the galaxy S9, it looks like it will be highly similar to the S8. I believe its expected to debut in February, followed by an April launch.