Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miketcool

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2003
California
I like the spaces icon, the notes windows and the text window in the icon all have legal information regarding leaking info before the release...

manu chao

macrumors 604
Jul 30, 2003
Oh my, how long have we waited for that iCal icon?!!

What is wrong with keeping iCal running all the time (it then shows the current date in its Dock icon already under Tiger). This adds a memory footprint of 15 MB, the same as two stickies in Dashboard but that's it.

nato64

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2006
Orange, CA
i kno im a newbie here, but on insanelymac im numberz, the one that posted most of the images, and supplied the music for the youtube video(<3 colonel :D) glad u like them!

thanks dude :) I know you from insanelymac (i'm nato64 there too), you're all over the place!

nato64

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2006
Orange, CA
What is wrong with keeping iCal running all the time (it then shows the current date in its Dock icon already under Tiger). This adds a memory footprint of 15 MB, the same as two stickies in Dashboard but that's it.

because if my iPhone can display the calendar icon with the correct date, then my Mac should too!

kungming2

macrumors regular
May 31, 2007

It's esp. irksome when the actual date is something close to the 17th of a month, but you're not sure and get the wrong date by looking at the icon.

tribulation

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2006
jackson hole, wy
Ok totally off topic here but I was hoping that someone could give a quick reply. I'm getting a new cell and was looking at the Samsung SCH-A990 mainly because of the 3.2 MP camera on it and a hefty Verizon discount.

This is my first Bluetooth phone and was wondering.....hoping before ordering to know if it or other phones that aren't listed on Apple's iSync device compatibility page [http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/isync/devices.html]
are actually compatible. Mostly I would love to sync my contacts and calendar with the Mac address book & iCal via bluetooth. Off topic, but I this board is the best place for real Mac users that know strange stuff like this ;)

kungming2

macrumors regular
May 31, 2007
Ok totally off topic here but I was hoping that someone could give a quick reply. I'm getting a new cell and was looking at the Samsung SCH-A990 mainly because of the 3.2 MP camera on it and a hefty Verizon discount.

This is my first Bluetooth phone and was wondering.....hoping before ordering to know if it or other phones that aren't listed on Apple's iSync device compatibility page [http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/isync/devices.html]
are actually compatible. Mostly I would love to sync my contacts and calendar with the Mac address book & iCal via bluetooth. Off topic, but I this board is the best place for real Mac users that know strange stuff like this ;)

Most Verizon phones can't sync to a Mac at all.

Dates, yes.

Having iCal's icon show the current date is alone worth the upgrade! :p

I wanted to second this, but I wasn't fast enough. I would like to third or fourth it, then!

Having the correct date appear at-a-glance seems so natural-- the same way you don't have to double-click the clock to find the time. It is a normal piece of info that you use, well, every day...

aptenergy

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2003
Arg. How annoying. OK thanks for letting me know. Guess I'm stuck anyway I go then since I'm on a contract for a while.

Thanks for the help.

I have a VX8300 with Verizon, and I use BitPim to access my phone from my MacBook. It's a bit hacky - it doesn't work with iSync, and the interface is not Mac-like at all, and it's slow - but it works, and I can download camera images, transmit ringtones, etc. etc. without fuss.

jmsait19

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2004
MO
oh i'm very glad to see the little title balloon above dock apps now... it has always been a little unpolished, as text characters that hung low like "g" and "p" and "q" would always be slightly cut off at the bottom... this is nice...

Wow... I never noticed that...

I wanna give a shout out to the iCal Current Date feature... That's been a long time coming.

MrCrowbar

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2006
Is front row actually working now? The one in Tiger is not usable at all, it's damn slow most of the time, freezes for minutes, crashes a lot etc...

Is the Leapard Front Row stable? Does it look like Apple TV? Does Perian 1.0 work with it?

numberz

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2007
ok here r some that i had
8qwhduz1.png

emuixmo9.png

earthhorizonxw8.jpg

earthpp6.jpg

sry, insanelymac works differently, it resizes the images, should i just upload them to this forum, i feel like a n00b now >:|

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
I always thought that Exposé deserved its own (optional) Dock icon.

Out of all these...

Time Machine
Spaces
Front Row
Dashboard
Exposé
System Preferences

...I think Exposé Show All is the most frequently useful to all manner of users--and the most likely to be UNDER-used by Mac newcomers. Put it in the dock! :) (Click for Show All Windows, with the other options being in its popup menu.)

The others (except for Dashboard) I could actually do without in my Dock. They have hot keys or are in the Apple Menu, and are either rarely used or used by experts more.

numberz

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2007
I always thought that Exposé deserved its own (optional) Dock icon.

Out of all these...

Time Machine
Spaces
Front Row
Dashboard
Exposé
System Preferences

...I think Exposé Show All is the most frequently useful to all manner of users--and the most likely to be UNDER-used by Mac newcomers. Put it in the dock! :) (Click for Show All Windows, with the other options being in its popup menu.)

The others (except for Dashboard) I could actually do without in my Dock. They have hot keys or are in the Apple Menu, and are either rarely used or used by experts more.
it does have an icon, but its the same as build 241

MovieCutter

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2005
Washington, DC
This feels and moves and looks like a final product. Doesn't seem very buggy, VERY fast on a MacBook with all the animation elements, this could be the GM.

Darkroom

Dec 15, 2006
Montréal, Canada
for sure this makes me sound like a total attention-to-detail queen from hell, BUT i would fire the guy who made the reflective Trash icon... it wouldn't reflect like that... you're FIRED beeeotch! :p

DavisCollins

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2006
for sure this makes me sound like a total attention-to-detail queen from hell, BUT i would fire the guy who made the reflective Trash icon... it wouldn't reflect like that... you're FIRED beeeotch! :p

That is an automated effect. All it does is flip the icon, drop the opacity, and give it a fade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.