Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Latest MacBook Pro Rumors... This Week?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

MacGadget.de (German) reports that MacBook Pro upgrades could take place as early as this week. Expected updates include Core 2 Duo upgrades as has long been expected as well as larger drives, FW800, and upgraded DVD drives.

Meanwhile, product checks indicate that several European hardware distributers "ran dry" of MacBook and MacBook Pro inventory several weeks ago.

Rumors of MacBook Pro upgrades have been ongoing for weeks. The last MacRumors.com reported rumor from MacGadget.de comes from an iBook update prediction in 2004. That rumor turned out to be true.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Well when you really think about it, at least one of these rumours has got to be true. We have MBP Merom rumours that cover every week from August til January 2007.

Comment

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
Abstract said:
Well when you really think about it, at least one of these rumours has got to be true. We have MBP Merom rumours that cover every week from August til January 2007.

and you know this :)

it just bugs you when you dont get any indication of what's coming.. especially when you're on the fence as to whether to buy now or wait till tuesday..

maybe the pre-announcement of the iTV is a start of the turning trend? i think not.. :D

macrumors buyers guide says not to buy the MPB as an update is coming soon..

Comment

meepm00pmeep

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2006
Toronto
i'd like to see what's inside the new MBP's, though i already bought my MBP a couple weeks ago with no regrets.. i'd still like to see what those who are waiting will get for their hard earned patience

Comment

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
meepm00pmeep said:
i'd like to see what's inside the new MBP's, though i already bought my MBP a couple weeks ago with no regrets.. i'd still like to see what those who are waiting will get for their hard earned patience

a 1 second increase in boot time? ;)

oops.. i blinked and I missed it :p

JUST KIDDING YOU SERIOUS GUYS OUT THERE

Comment

Zadillo

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2005
Baltimore, MD
At this point does anyone even need a "source" for one of these rumors? It seems like at this point anyone can say "MBP updates coming as early as THIS WEEK!!" and it is eventually going to be true, as Abstract says.

Comment

kjr39

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2004
Sigh.

Okay fine, I guess I'll buy one of these new fancy MBP with a C2D processor instead of continuing to wait for the 12" G5 PB...

Comment

iJaz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2004
I can bet $100 that there will be MacBook/Pro upgrades either this year or next year!

Comment

gkhaldi

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2005
iJaz said:
I can bet $100 that there will be MacBook/Pro upgrades either this year or next year!

200 bucks says you can't predict the date ;)

EDIT = forgot the quote

Comment

Squonk

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2005
... and here we go again!

I hope they come out soon. And then I really, really hope that whatever it is, that people do not start moaning about that one too! I cannot guarantee that I won't be sharing my opinion....

Steve - pull the trigger, but only when it's ready for primetime!

Comment

deputy_doofy

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2002
Yes!! Thread# 50000000000 regarding the upcoming MBP. I'm ready to buy. Just made a nice, big payment to the credit card, so it's ready, too.
I don't have the same demands as other people for what should be in the new MBP. Yes, I want the C2D, obviously, but if it can't access 4gb of RAM, I won't care. My PB only has 512mb at the moment, so 1gb will be fine with me. :D

Comment

vincebio

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2005
Glasgow
superb...im travelling to states this week, and could pick one up at the apple store 5th avenue for much cheaper than here in uk..

its gottta come out sometime...

Comment

iAlan

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2002
Abstract said:

Actually, we have rumours that cover every week from August til January 2009!

Comment

Leoff

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2004
vincebio said:
superb...im travelling to states this week, and could pick one up at the apple store 5th avenue for much cheaper than here in uk..

its gottta come out sometime...

You do know that you'll be getting a US-formatted keyboard and AC adapter, yes?

Comment

abrooks

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2004
London, UK
Leoff said:
You do know that you'll be getting a US-formatted keyboard and AC adapter, yes?

Worth it, he could end up saving several hundred pounds!

I always by my portables in America.

Comment

Rocketman

macrumors 603
The fact this rumour comes from a "reliable" source is helpful. But since MB and MBP have been dry for WEEKS there and they (Apple supply chain) typically do things to prep europe before the USA due to the added lead times, is this really a rumor or merely "european news" of a defacto event that simply has not yet been announced in the USA?

You know, like 20 truckloads of iPods leaving the factory in China, or Intel announcing Clovertown C2Q for mid-November which happens to socket right into and be immediately recognized by Mac Pro's, or the reports from Chinese factory town newspapers of contracts for "new" MacBooks, MacBook Pros, wide screen iPod, etc.

Those are actually news not rumours, right?

Rocketman

Comment

bryanc

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2003
Fredericton, NB Canada
I almost hope this is not true

I've been ready to buy, and waiting for a merom-based MBP since July, but I almost hope this turns out to be wrong.

A quite Tuesday speedbump would most probably mean a simple chip swap, and that these new MBPs would be otherwise just like their predecessors.

I'm rather hoping for a significant enclosure redesign (easily swappable hdds, magnetic latch, better ventilation, etc. and black anodized aluminum would be nice), as well as significant component changes (802.11n, better GPU, crestline chipset, etc.).

So I've rather been hoping for an 'event' at which these significantly upgraded MBPs could debut. I doubt the kinds of significant changes I'm hoping for would be released without some sort of fanfare.

Cheers

Comment

timmillwood

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2006
I hope its comes out tomorrow, (24th October) i have been waiting too long.. Come on Apple!!! my credit card is ready

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.