Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Leaked 'iPhone 6s Plus' Images Showcase Rear Casing and 'Stronger Body'

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A few new images of the so-called "iPhone 6s Plus" today have been shared by Future Supplier (via Nowhereelse.fr), putting emphasis on the new iPhone's visual similarities to the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus line-up while mentioning a "stronger" construction to the device's rear casing.

Future Supplier noticed a slight difference between the iPhone 6s Plus and last year's model, specifically in the location of a few screws used to hold the loud speaker module. But otherwise, the website noted a pretty aesthetically similar device, which makes sense for an "S" generation upgrade for the iPhone 6 line.

iPhone 6s Plus on the left with screw holes that are "slightly higher" than the iPhone 6 Plus' on the right

Another slight difference may come in the material actually used to create the rear housing for the iPhone 6s Plus, according to a source that spoke with Future Supplier. The source noted that the backing of last year's iPhone 6 Plus was "smoother" than the new iPhone, but simultaneously the 6s Plus will be getting a "stronger" rear housing, perhaps in response to the "Bendgate" controversy.

Article Link: Leaked 'iPhone 6s Plus' Images Showcase Rear Casing and 'Stronger Body'

snebes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2008
Rigidgate

But like the poster above said, why make it stronger if there was no bending problem in the first place?
How about, just to make it stronger? Why did I upgrade from the original iPhone? The newer ones are just the same thing, but better.

Reactions: teslo
Comment

H2SO4

Suspended
Nov 4, 2008
Interesting that Apple took the "it is a non-issue" approach with the whole bend-gate thing yet they are doing this. Much welcomed but my 6 Plus bent and they wouldn't replace it saying it was my fault.
Er......Didn't you hear the posters above you???
Your phone never bent at all you were either making it up or you were looking at it wrong.

Comment

Karma*Police

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2012
Does this mean the end of "Bendgate"? A problem that never actually existed.

Nah, they'll just find a guy with stronger thumbs to bend the 6S. The media needs more clicks, so they can generate more ad revenue, so they can fabricate more stories, so they can get more clicks, so they can generate more ad revenue.....

Comment

LordVic

macrumors 603
Sep 7, 2011
Interesting that Apple took the "it is a non-issue" approach with the whole bend-gate thing yet they are doing this. Much welcomed but my 6 Plus bent and they wouldn't replace it saying it was my fault.

not a-typical

its like the old "antennagate" bs.

"you're holding it wrong".... but on the next version, we're fixing it anyways.

Comment

trunten

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2007
I know this is stupid, but the none circular "border" around the apple logo on the case interior winds me up every time I see it.

Reactions: xXFIREWIREXx
Comment

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
A different manufacturing method or a different material was definitely used.

Look at the iPhone 6 (Plus) on the right with the "milling marks" left behind compared to the left where it has a smooth, continuous flow process
Good catch!

Comment

LordVic

macrumors 603
Sep 7, 2011
Plastic bands, still ugly

I'm not sure that this is something within Apple's control really.

Using all metal for a phone causes issues with antennas. There has to be some sort of "window" through for signal. its either going to be bands of plastic, or, a "plastic" window (like a black square on old first gen devices).

Comment

ipadpro

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2015
this is cool -

i like it -
make it stronger then i can used naked withtout bumper or case

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.