Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
Got my Andar Aspen. Not impressed with the fit. Feels like the case is too big with gaps between side of case that you can feel when holding. Also causes some creaking.

Lip around the screen is also not even so setting the phone face down, it wobbles.

Bummer!

That’s not good sorry your experience isn’t great. My camel tan and black both fit perfectly, which colour did you get? Not that it matters but just curious. Message them and they should swap it for a new case.

Reactions: Ta0jin

saltxd

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2023
6 Months forest green

Attachments

• IMG_9763.jpeg
    IMG_9763.jpeg
    795.4 KB · Views: 109

Maz39

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2021
Got my Andar Aspen. Not impressed with the fit. Feels like the case is too big with gaps between side of case that you can feel when holding. Also causes some creaking.

Lip around the screen is also not even so setting the phone face down, it wobbles.

Bummer!
That’s not worth putting your phone in. One drop and it may pop out. I would ask for a replacement

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
What is everyone’s thoughts on this All leather case. No plastic. They have it for the 15 pro max as well. The build looks kinda shoddy to me. But you guys know better than me and have better taste. What do you guys/girls think?

Nice looking case and it’s all leather similar to saddleback’s wet molded boot leather case (which I’ve owned and loved). I’d take a shot at it if they made one for the 13 mini. I still haven’t upgraded. Nothing wrong with that case from the looks of it.

Reactions: Maz39

saltxd

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2023
How does the leather feel after 6 months? I’ve been swapping between my BS and Ink Case. Feels like I can never get to the patina I want since I am not using it enough.
It’s grippy I like it more than my umber one

miamidice

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2023
Finally got my RL cases. Left to right all 15PM.

Used since october RL, new open bottom RL and new closed bottom RL. Very happy with how the leather feels a little more treated than the open RL as in it’s not as dry, but it feels way better than my previous andar cases.

View attachment 2325858
Thats a crazy amount of patina in 2 months on the far left, I'd imagine it will be near black by the 6 month mark, which makes me think about getting the black case instead.

The case on the far right - I really dislike the black camera camera frame contrasted with brown, it's like the famous saying 'black and brown makes a frown'. The two colours almost never go together. They should have made the camera frame brown or silver, that would have been perfect.

Maz39

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2021
How it started, and where it is now as far as patina. Bullstrap makes a great case for $10.

Attachments

• IMG_2241.jpeg
    IMG_2241.jpeg
    351.1 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_2252.jpeg
    IMG_2252.jpeg
    380.1 KB · Views: 108

mikext

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2011
Dallas
Thats a crazy amount of patina in 2 months on the far left, I'd imagine it will be near black by the 6 month mark, which makes me think about getting the black case instead.

The case on the far right - I really dislike the black camera camera frame contrasted with brown, it's like the famous saying 'black and brown makes a frown'. The two colours almost never go together. They should have made the camera frame brown or silver, that would have been perfect.
I really wish it had a different color camera ring, too. It seems like most brands use the black ring. Otherwise, I feel like the Ryan London closed bottom is perfect for me.

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
I really wish it had a different color camera ring, too. It seems like most brands use the black ring. Otherwise, I feel like the Ryan London closed bottom is perfect for me.

I think most use the black as it is easier to mass produce one colour, and for those that use a tougher finish to stop it scratching it’s a lot easier to use a base colour rather than trying to match different ones etc.

Some do the closed bottom case with different coloured camera rings and buttons such as bare and decoded, can’t comment on bare but the finish on my decoded chipped very easily.

Reactions: mikext

CptFloridaMan

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2019

On this next one I’m really limiting what I touch, because on the left it’s after food, wear and tear at work. I’m washing my hands more or wiping my hands after touching my hair(my products have coconut oils etc). I’ll post an update photo in due time.

The gf said the same thing about the close bottom case with the black ring. I wish it at least matched the case more, but I figured it’ll get darker eventually and match more.

Reactions: miamidice

T0MMYC

macrumors member
May 13, 2019
Yeah the titanium band looks really cool too. Keep us updated on how it looks when you get it.
To answer a 2 month old question, I've been using this titanium band since Christmas and I must say that I love it. I don't own any other titanium bands from any other brands but this thing is fantastic, especially for around $90.

Reactions: Maz39

Kimquat

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2020
To answer a 2 month old question, I've been using this titanium band since Christmas and I must say that I love it. I don't own any other titanium bands from any other brands but this thing is fantastic, especially for around $90.
Do you mind sharing some pictures? I was considering getting one from Robust. They look very similar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.