Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ctpaa

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2023
I cannot believe how quick that slate changes.

Owners of that case, you’ve gotta be disappointed with that surely?! After a week or two these are looking a year old?!
Yeah, I wasn’t particularly thrilled with how mine looked after just 3 days.

blkrfl556

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2020
North carolina
Keyway designs whiskey color. Light forced patina. A coat of oil on it took the areas that were starting and really sent them off like a rocket.
858f598dbd3c391b9d5e5f3e9a166ed6.jpg

Reactions: Khiladi

boredandroiddude

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2024
my daily carry, s23 ultra with official samsung case, 12 mini with the saddle brown apple case (thank god i stockpiled from woot), taken on my previous daily driver, the iphone x

Attachments

• FC04B50F-11D2-4B68-890C-73F0D8B64952.jpeg
    FC04B50F-11D2-4B68-890C-73F0D8B64952.jpeg
    306.6 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: bmac4

n1ghtrain

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2011
I dont think your pics look too disimilar to Bullstrap's wesbite?
Maybe because of the light?

I LOVE it anyway.

8QmniPu.jpg

The smell note is interesting bc my BS Dune had a strong smell, my Turquoise Andar didn’t smell nearly as strong, a Camel Tan Andar I recently received (wrong size) had a very strong smell even stronger than my BS. Just my curious observation.

Your Slate looks great btw.
A friend of mine received the Andar a couple days ago and has the same strong smell.

Obviously that's not an issue.

The Slate is such a great color. No regrets.

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
Maybe because of the light?

I LOVE it anyway.

8QmniPu.jpg

A friend of mine received the Andar a couple days ago and has the same strong smell.

Obviously that's not an issue.

The Slate is such a great color. No regrets.

There are a few of us who got the BS slate case, and it's aged very quickly, and a few like myself have reported that the feel of the case also isn't that of leather, more like suede after a week or so...

Hopefully yours lasts better as it's a beautiful case!

n1ghtrain

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2011
There are a few of us who got the BS slate case, and it's aged very quickly, and a few like myself have reported that the feel of the case also isn't that of leather, more like suede after a week or so...

Hopefully yours lasts better as it's a beautiful case!
I just saw these posts and got me anxious.. 😐

It's about a week now and I don't see any of these issues. We will see.

Reactions: RRC

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
I got my fake leather case. It’s great except the volume buttons don’t click and are stuck down. Have I just got unlucky?

The fake genuine Apple one? Are the buttons aligned correctly? As suggested they might need pushing out a bit from the inside if the cut out for them isn’t quite large enough.

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
Just picked up Andar Desert Sage. This is my favorite leather case since the original iPhone 5 leather days.

Attachments

• IMG_2765.jpeg
    IMG_2765.jpeg
    450.8 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: off2marz and RRC

CptFloridaMan

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2019
Didn’t plan on it but ended up having to fix my jeep again and forgot to change cases, it took a tumble, and handled my greased hands. So it’s showing character already lol. but loving it now since it’s starting to get grippy after 3 days.

Still a slower aging process than my bs slate lol.
IMG_6994.jpeg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.