Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scotsmandc

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2015
Just got mine from YMW. Processing and shipping was pretty quick. I love the patina process from natural. Cost me $26 shipped after aliexpress coupons. Other brands are way over charging for theirs.

IMG_3633.jpeg

Last edited:

T0MMYC

macrumors member
May 13, 2019
I wasn't planning on getting another case for my 15PM but a couple of days ago I saw that Luckycoin had 20% off the dark brown leather case. I was really hoping for the tan but haven't seen that one in stock in a while. So I pulled the trigger and paid a whopping $27 total!! This case can't be beat for that kind of price. Highly recommend it. All ports line up perfectly. Seems like I'm going to keep it.
IMG_3520.jpeg
IMG_3522.jpeg
IMG_6173.jpeg

Last edited:

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
Started my 15PM leather journey with the LC case, but couldn’t resist and ordered the Satchel & Page case last night. Everyone’s photos of it look incredible. Has anyone tried their MagSafe wallet as well?

Reactions: RRC

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
Does anyone have any pictures of the patina on the Keyway slate after 2-3 months of use?
I’ve used mine for maybe 1 month total. I switch around between different cases so hard to give a number. You mostly just see where my fingers rest.

Attachments

• IMG_1853.jpeg
    IMG_1853.jpeg
    367.6 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: Spjr86

mobiyeet

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2020
What is the stickiest / grippiest leather case that is out right now? The OG apple leather cases used to feel great in the hand (grip wise). I've tried bullstrap, and a few other premium ones but I find that they're all very slippery when the hands are dry - even after being worn in

Reactions: clin0048

mikext

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2011
Dallas
What is the stickiest / grippiest leather case that is out right now? The OG apple leather cases used to feel great in the hand (grip wise). I've tried bullstrap, and a few other premium ones but I find that they're all very slippery when the hands are dry - even after being worn in
I've found this to be very subjective. For me, it ultimately depends on if your hands are clammy or not lol.

DR3MCLAREN

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2021
Calgary Canada
I've found this to be very subjective. For me, it ultimately depends on if your hands are clammy or not lol.
Totally agree. Depends on how dry a persons hands are, what the humidity in the air is, age of the leather, etc. I find that leather cases are more slippery in the winter where I live as the humidity drops. In the summer the grip increases. The one constant though is that just about every leather case will be slippery when its brand new. Grip comes with time and use.

Reactions: mikext

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
My Aspen has a really decent level of grip after nearly three months use.

It was quite slippery at first now but it’s pretty perfect. Not overly grippy or slippery

Reactions: UltraInstinct

Spjr86

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2022
I’ve used mine for maybe 1 month total. I switch around between different cases so hard to give a number. You mostly just see where my fingers rest.
Thanks! Yeah it looks good ! Think I’m going to pull the trigger on getting the slate. I really like that taupe color. Also looks like the metal camera ring is little slimmer than the andar ring, and the leather runs up around the base edge of the metal which I like. I’ve never had a keyway case so figure give it a shot. This sold me on the slate over the whiskey. I’ve had multiple andar, bullstrap and wilken cases last few years so be nice to switch it up.

DR3MCLAREN

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2021
Calgary Canada
Thanks! Yeah it looks good ! Think I’m going to pull the trigger on getting the slate. I really like that taupe color. Also looks like the metal camera ring is little slimmer than the andar ring, and the leather runs up around the base edge of the metal which I like. I’ve never had a keyway case so figure give it a shot. This sold me on the slate over the whiskey. I’ve had multiple andar, bullstrap and wilken cases last few years so be nice to switch it up.
The Keyways are nice. They use a really good leather. I loved my Keyway till I dropped it in a puddle of dirty melted snow and got water damage. I wish the X laid flush on the leather though instead of sticking up slightly above the leather. If you don't use a Magsafe wallet it won't be an issue for you. If you do you use one it might be a slight minor annoyance for you.

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
Here are a few comparisons with the whisky in different lighting. I prefer the slate with the natural titanium.

Attachments

• IMG_0798.jpeg
    IMG_0798.jpeg
    629.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0036.jpeg
    IMG_0036.jpeg
    628 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0034.jpeg
    IMG_0034.jpeg
    485.4 KB · Views: 51

RRC

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2020

Hopefully you’re in the US or Canada or they won’t ship… I had to setup a postal lockup to get mine to the UK.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.