Left handers

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by northcountryboy, Apr 29, 2015.

1. northcountryboy macrumors member

Left handed and awaiting delivery of 42mm SS with BSB.

Anything to say from people who wear the watch on their right hand? Does it look strange with the crown at the bottom instead of the top. Are there any differences? Is it exactly the same experience as for right handers?

Just interested...............

2. hlfway2anywhere macrumors 65816

Forcing myself to wear it on the left hand after always wearing my watch on the right. It has only been two hours since I got my watch, but I haven't minded too much. I had the same concerns as you about the crown being at the bottom and decided i just didn't like the way it looks.

3. srshaw macrumors 6502

I'm like you. Same watch ordered and left handed. Still doesn't aeem a lot of pictures of people with the eatch on their right arm.

4. northcountryboy thread starter macrumors member

I only ordered mine after I'd done a try-on appointment. It didn't look too bad with it on my right hand, although the watch was set up for right handers and the demo was upside down so I spent most of the appointment with it on my left hand. Going to try it on right at least for a day and see how I like it

5. mchoffa macrumors 6502a

Personally I think it would be better if they'd made it symmetrical so that lefties and righties would have the same experience. Plus, I think it looks more balanced.

[​IMG]

6. Blackstick macrumors 6502

Blackstick

I'm a Lefty and wear my watch on the right wrist, probably with the digital crown facing out toward my fingers.

7. Johnny-Don macrumors member

Johnny-Don

Fellow leftorium shopper here, and I was worried too, looks just fine to me though. 42mm SS BSB

Attached Files:

8. The Green Mac, Apr 29, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2015

The Green Mac macrumors member

Left handers

I tried putting the digital crown on the bottom left, but couldn't get used to it. It felt too low. I ended up changing it back to the top right, and I think I'm going to keep it that way. Maybe....

9. northcountryboy thread starter macrumors member

I might go that way, I can't see myself wearing it on my left hand. Had a watch on my right for going on 35 years so it would be a major change

----------

The key will be - how often do I use the digital crown. It doesn't matter what side the button is on because you pinch between thumb and finger to use it so makes no difference which side its on. But digital crown you use one fingered. If I don't use digital crown much, it can go on top right, if I use it alot then will probably need to be on bottom left

10. sheldomacrumors macrumors member

aw2 #

11. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

I am extremely left handed and have always worn my watch on the right wrist.

Having the digital crown at the bottom doesn't bother me at all. Much better than a mechanical watch with the crown on the wrong side of the watch when it is on your right wrist.

I have been wearing the watch since Friday and it is very easy to use. Don't forget to flip the band around. :)

12. Kpaul0707 macrumors newbie

I am a lefty, wear my apple watch 38mm on my right hand and have no problems with it. I actually prefer the dial at the bottom so it doesn't feel like I'm reaching over the contacts button.

Attached Files:

13. barrikade, Apr 29, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2015

barrikade macrumors member

Righty

I have been wearing watches on my right wrist for almost 20 years now. The funny/weird thing is, I'm right handed also. I know, strange...but that's a different conversation for another time.

I too, have been searching the web for pics and reviews of the AWatch from a lefty perspective (so that it's on the right hand) but there aren't any. I wanted to see how lefties are dealing with digi crown being on the bottom and the button on top, etc.

#theleftystruggleisreal

14. northcountryboy thread starter macrumors member

Go the whole hog and become a full lefty, we would welcome you with open arms and your live would be better for it (although shorter as we have a lower life expectancy for some reason)

15. Dephanix macrumors member

At first I thought it looked weird and I was jealous right handed people could wear it the other way round.

I made a point of never wearing it with the crown on the right and since day 2 I haven't even spared it a thought until I read this thread. Completely used to it and don't notice it!

16. Mac 128 macrumors 601

Mac 128

You can bet this is NOT how Jony Ive intended it. He probably cringes every time he sees a lefty wearing it that way.

I don't care for it either. What do you wanna bet there will be a Gen 2 version with a centered crown?

17. Nonentity macrumors member

Another Leftie here. Got mine on Friday, I've always worn watches on right wrist.

I tried to wear it with the crown on the right but didn't like that I was more likely to obstruct the screen when using it.

Been using it with the crown on the left ever since, feels normal now:

[​IMG]

18. barrikade macrumors member

I thank you for the welcome, but the shorter life span does worry me a bit lol

19. hlfway2anywhere macrumors 65816

oh yeah i'd love to accidentally take a screenshot every time i try to press the crown or friend button just like i accidentally change my ringer volume every time i lock my iPhone screen.

20. Mac 128 macrumors 601

Mac 128

Agreed, though as you astutely point out, they've already made this mistake on the iPhone 6 -- should be interesting to see how they modify this on the 7. But Apple has button phobia. The contact button would be one of two buttons positioned above and below the centered crown, and give them another option to split up the myriad of functions being handled by the crown and limited by the lack of programmability of the contact button. Chronograph a have three buttons, some four, and often way more complicated than the Watch. This would not be a problem for anybody, except probably Jony Ive.

21. Eric9610 macrumors newbie

i am right handed but prefer to wear my watch on the right hand. I kept the settings as if i were wearing it on my right hand and I actually prefer the crown on the top right side opposed to the lower left side.

22. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

That's what I've been thinking. I think that was a mistake. It would have made the crown look more natural like a watch centered and would make both lefty and righty the same.

23. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

As a leftie who's always worn watches on his left hand, I'm giving the "right wrist, left crown" feel a try today. So far, it's so weird, but at least my Digital Touch penmanship has never been better.

24. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I wear mine on the right wrist, but I actually keep the crown on the right. I find it easier and more natural for me to turn the Digital Crown with my left thumb than I do with my index finger. I've flip flopped back and forth between the two settings and Digital Crown on the right is best for me.

25. daydayvol macrumors regular

I have always wore my watch on my left wrist. Whenever I need to write I usually take it off. I guess this comes from me being more ambidextrous than anything. I'm not 100% ambidextrous but I am able to do many things with either hand.