Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saxman

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2004
Couldn't you just change to the graphite appearance in system preferences?

I haven't had blue scroll bars since Panther

TheStu

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Couldn't you just change to the graphite appearance in system preferences?

I haven't had blue scroll bars since Panther

Right, but they are still Aqua Graphite. This will, if you are using graphite, give you flat, non-shiny gray scrollbars. I've got to tell you, really liking how easy it is appearing to mod Leopard.

saxman

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2004
Right, but they are still Aqua Graphite. This will, if you are using graphite, give you flat, non-shiny gray scrollbars. I've got to tell you, really liking how easy it is appearing to mod Leopard.

I see. I always thought aqua just meant everything was a blue color.

I guess some people are really into their scroll bars - which is fine, I've just not paid that much attention I guess

Dany M

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
Earth
Hmm, for some reason it didnt work but I dont care that much, it does look better but not worth my time to change it.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
When i tried first time i just replaced the existing files and it didn't work. Then i deleted the files and put the new ones in there and then it worked.

Retired
May 16, 2006
So much better, that's how it should have been in the first place.

Although I'm loving this, I was hoping to see the scrollbar shown horizontally on this page...

BTW, Safari3 is missing out a part of that page (including the scrollbar) over here! Anyone else have this?

Taylor C

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2007
Has anyone found any areas where these resource replacements are not present? I'd hate to replace them and find the old aqua ones somewhere.

Shadow

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
I can't say I was a fan of this style of scrollbar on Tiger - it just looked out of place. Having said that, it rocks on Leopard! (Although tbh I'll probably switch back to the Aqua ones eventually)

<Off topic>
I'm really enjoying Leopard so far. It seems very polished and has just a nicer overall feel than Tiger. For example, the network pane of Sys Prefs on Tiger seemed a bit outdated but its been vastly improved for Leopard. At the time, Tiger was very good but looking back it just looks old, outdated and, to be frank, pathetic.

djejrejk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2007
Uhh...
Yes, you must relaunch finder. Also, follow the directions very carefully, you have to delete the old file, you can't just copy over it for some reason.

BTW, Thx it looks great!

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
Although I'm loving this, I was hoping to see the scrollbar shown horizontally on this page...

Yeah... iTunes scrollbars... still ugly after living with them this long. I would have liked to see those as well. Uno can't seem to keep up with Apple on their releases.

chimerical

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2004
Am I one of the few who like Aqua?

No, there are plenty of us who like Aqua. From that crowd, some want something different after years of Aqua (does not mean that they don't like it anymore). Some of us newer Mac users haven't grown tired of Aqua just yet, and would like to keep it.

I wish they'd offer both as options, but what can we do.

webgoat

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2007
Austin, TX
another successful aqua removal here :D .. my backed up originals folder is growing with original dock files, DefaultDesktop.jpg, and now Extras2.rsrc

theGAPkid

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2007
UK
Its all gravy baby except . . .

The new scrollbars are in finder windows, iLife apps, mail, iWork etc... but Safari and MS office still have the traditional aqua themed ones. Is this supposed to be???

If not HELP! - I love the new look!

Me1000

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2006
Yes, you must relaunch finder. Also, follow the directions very carefully, you have to delete the old file, you can't just copy over it for some reason.

BTW, Thx it looks great!

Ah, I didnt delete the file, I just replaced it...

Thanks,

webgoat

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2007
Austin, TX
safari should have the new graphite scrollbars... did you replace the right file since one is supposedly for ppc and the other intel?

MistaBungle

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2005
This is really excellent. Now if we can only get them to correct the "click red button to close/click red button to close the window but still need to quit" thingy.

theGAPkid

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2007
UK
I replaced it with Extras2.rsrc. The backup of the original is still on computers desktop. Could this be causing a conflict?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.