Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are the screenshots real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 119 26.1%
  • Fake

Votes: 337 73.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigmac

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2006
Fake!

There have been a number of Leopard mock-up pics floating around the web. They all just crave attention! I can't believe some of you guys have bought this one! Do your homework and SEARCH for 'em. Most of them even look the same! (But in this case, some are uglier than others.) First of all, you can easily remove the brushed-metal GUI from the Finder with a simple application called UNO. Check it out:

http://gui.interacto.net/

Also, here's a well-made one that caught my eye: (Also confirmed as FAKE.)

15gtrpu.png

Obviously someone is very skilled in photoshop. :D :D ;)

More Fakes:
http://www.leopardtracker.com/screenshots/screenshot-1.jpg
http://www.leopardtracker.com/screenshots/screenshot-2.jpg
http://creativebits.org/files/desksnapfull.jpg

Leondunkleyc

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2006
I don't think so, because (assuming they're not fake) if they do it now it will be confirming them as real, but limiting the number of people who see it (anyone who re-posts them after being taken down could face legal action). If they, don't practically the entire mac community and some others will see it and when Leopard finally comes out it will be a big disapointment because we would already know what features it had.

It doesn't matter if Apple Legal admit to the pictures being real, because when Leopard comes out it will all become clear anyway.

Max on Macs

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2006
Milton Keynes, UK
m-dogg said:
Well, I placed a vote for "real" just because I was excited to see anything related to Leopard. But based on others comments & observations, it seems clear that they are fake...

Would any Linux users mind explaining the benefit of multiple desktops? While it sounds interesting, I don't see what value it adds.
The main benefit, especially with SmackBook installed, is that you can go on the net and **** around in class and just tap your computer n the side to go to your 'school' desktop :)

inkswamp

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2003
pianodude123 said:
His latest post says that the screenies are fake...

so what's the discussion still going on for?

We were just waiting for you to tell us to stop talking. After all, we all post to the MacRumors boards just to make you happy.

mac-er

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
inkswamp said:
We were just waiting for you to tell us to stop talking. After all, we all post to the MacRumors boards just to make you happy.

Zing! I love it.

Leondunkleyc

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2006
bloodycape said:
So anyone want to tell me what that diamond thing in the next to the battery meter in the tool bar?
It's supposed to have something to do with the windows virtualization, like the classic icon that used to be in the toolbar.

The logo looks like that because it's similar to the boot-camp design.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 649
  • Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 651
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 648

theheadguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
california
As an employee of Apple

All I will say is (and all of you people who are also under NDA you can eat me because this isn't illegal to say) It doesn't simply say "10.5" under About This Mac before the product is in final testing. Nobody here is that dumb.

Secondly, he admits they are fake so why is there still an ingenious poll here?

Sorry, this sort of stuff annoys me. For the record, it's not the users here that admittedly don't know but it's the people who blindly accept this stuff or even corroborate the fake stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.