Let's be honest, the iPad 3 was FLAWED from the start and we all know it

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Aluminum213, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

The iPad 3 was a flawed device form the start, why else did Apple discontinue the device and is STILL selling the iPad 2?!?

the increases the GPU to be able to run the retina screen but still had the same CPU, huh? Results: a slightly more sluggish experience then the iPad 2 which is noted in every professional review and benchmarks have the iPad 2 beating the iPad 3 because Apple didn't upgrade the CPU along with the GPU

now here we are with the iPad 4, and the CPU boots has FINALLY arrived along with the GPU boost, and we get the FaceTime camera upgrade that SHOULD have come out with the iPad 3

the fact it's getting discontinued shows that Apple knew it was a flawed machine, so I am personally happy they quickly got out the new iPad 4

PS: I already sold my iPad 3 32GB for $540, so if you want to sell your, do it now

2. Orange Crane macrumors 6502

What about the majority of owners of iPad 3 who have never experienced a single issue?

3. palpatine macrumors 68040

Interesting. I never thought of it that way. I don't remember Tim Cook mentioning its flaws :)

Seriously, though, any upgrades to the product line are welcomed. Good on Apple for continuing to move forward with things. I'll hold onto my iPad 3 and continue enjoying it this round. Maybe next year I'll think about upgrading.

4. Digidesign macrumors 6502

1/10
    Try trolling harder next time, OP.

Never had a single issue with my 3rd gen.

5. Breaking Good macrumors 6502a

I think what has most people upset is that the technology jump between the 2 and the 3 isn't as great as between the 3 and the 4. So many iPad 3 owners don't feel they got as much value as they originally thought they did when they bought the iPad 3.

6. matttye macrumors 601

Non-retina to retina is a much more significant upgrade than a CPU/gpu upgrade.

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Then they should have returned their 3.

8. donster28 macrumors 65816

And so, the incremental 'S' upgrades to the iPad begin. iPad 3s anyone?

9. taedouni macrumors 65816

Why don't you go read reviews of graphic intensive apps. You'll see a lot of iPad 3 owners complaining about poor performance. Why would iPad 3 owners blame Apple when they had no idea about an A6X chip. Instead they would blame the developers.

----------

How the hell we were to know that Apple was abolishing the iPad 3 only after 6-7 months?

10. Breaking Good macrumors 6502a

I've looked at 15" MBP's in the Apple store and I honestly don't see any difference in the Retina versus non-retina models.

Now maybe I'm not looking at the right type of content. But I would have thought that Apple would have tired to do everything it could in its stores to showcase the differences between the two.

11. flyguy206 macrumors 6502a

It makes more sense to release the ipad mini with a newer ipad this gives people an option to buy either ipad mini or new ipad.

12. Aluminum213 thread starter macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

I also never had "issues" with the iPad 3, but it did not run as smooth as the iPad 2, that's a fact

13. darngooddesign macrumors G3

If you use graphic intensive apps which stutter, then you should return your 3 and wait for the next iPad which doesn't stutter. Why would you keep a device that doesn't meet your needs or is unsatisfying to use? I personally think that the jump to iPad 3's screen had more impact in day-to-day use than the new CPU.

14. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Not sure what this "flawed" statement means. My iPad 3 has been fine. Screen gorgeous, non-existent "heat issues," power fine, etc.

Until today of course. Now that the 4th gen is out, mine is AWFUL. TERRIBLE DEVICE. WORST iDEVICE IVE EVER OWNED.

Caps for emphasis, of course. Gotta be part of the 'in' crowd.

15. Aluminum213 thread starter macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

don't forget certain games like NOVA 4 not only run better on the iPad 2 but also have many added effects that were removed from the iPad 3 version because it couldn't keep with the retina resolution and still the same CPU

16. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

Yeah, I've definitely noticed that. The stunning retina display just glossed over it for a while.

17. Aluminum213 thread starter macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

Apple fanboy butt hurt over the truth that apple release a flawed product

18. cperchard macrumors 6502a

The only reason they are keeping the ipad 2 is because of the price points......they can't justify keeping ipad 3 and lowering price and bringing in ipad 4 at same price....doesn't make financial sense to them.

19. Lindsford macrumors 6502a

So name a flawless product by any manufacturer, ever.

I'll be waiting. :rolleyes:

20. nickpro macrumors regular

OP is right. no matter how you slice it Apple was in a "must-ship" position with the third gen iPad. the fourth gen is the iPad Apple WISHED it could have shipped back in March.

21. Aluminum213 thread starter macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

Everyone was confused why apple only increased the gpu, most likely because it wasn't ready at the time

22. Steveo13 macrumors regular

Steveo13

I don't know about these "flawed" statements. The iPad 3rd gen was the first iPad I ever bought and it has never gave me a problem. I did not have any heat issues or anything. The only thing that could be better with it would be the charging time, but thats about all I can think of. Some people are saying that the iPad was a "forced" release and not a legitimate upgrade? With a new retina display, LTE, 1GB of RAM, quad graphics, and new iSight camera, I think that is a pretty good upgrade.

But hey, just because there is a new one out, that means that the previous generation was terrible right?:cool:

23. big samm macrumors 65816

I also think the ipad 3 was a RUSHED product not FLAWED ....

24. JS82712 macrumors 6502a

JS82712

so I guess apple wants to be like Samsung now? releasing more devices in a year?

25. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

The only flaw is that it's 4G was so limited.

Otherwise it's a good product. We've had one at home for months now without a single issue. Wish it would charge a bit faster but honestly not a problem.