Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mmyers0520

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
USA
Hey Guys - I know there are other threads showing wallpaper and home screens for the iPhone 4. However, I just thought it would be cool to have a thread dedicated to funky layouts and backgrounds.

You'll see that in my 2nd page I have placed all of my favorite apps in the 2 center columns with a rows of folders on the left and right edges. Has anyone else done this yet?

Check 'em out.

photo-1-e1279243814812.png

photo-2-e1279243837514.png

photo-3-1-e1279243853830.png

hey could you post that wallpaper please?! sick!

LordOBoogie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
Drag all of the icons to the 2nd page. When you sync it deletes the blank page and you have to do it again, from what I've seen atleast.

Only if you arrange them in iTunes. Do it on your phone, and it won't move them all to the front page when you sync. ;)

upaymeifixit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2009
I was hesitant to post this only because I don't like these huge threads that never seem to end, but this one seemed to apply more to me since I would call mine more "creative".

This is something I've done on my own except for the actual wallpaper (gray).
If you know you're way around photoshop you can change the hue and stuff of the All Background layer. If you want all four individual layers let me know.

Wallpaper
0f061a90ecb3ada1e9298100ab4ef4f3.png

Last edited:

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
Nothing fancy, I utilize the fast app switching for all of my most used apps so I can keep the screen clean and show off the display. I usually switch up the background but this has stuck for awhile now.

Attachments

• IMG_0134.png
    IMG_0134.png
    840.1 KB · Views: 131

upaymeifixit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2009
No problem. I figured I liked the background, but I wanted to do something a little different. Anything to get somebody to ask "How'd you do that?" :D

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
my screen

Wow...I LITERALLY hate every single team displayed on your screen...LOL.

Yankees? I'm a Red Sox fan.
Giants? I'm a Bengals fan (I know...poor me)
Notre Dame? IMO, the most overrated college football program in the country today.

And the worst one???

North Carolina? I'm a Kentucky fan. The ONLY way it could've been worse is if you had Puke (Duke) on there instead!

To each his own, though! :D

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
Of course I have downloaded apps! As for getting them all on the second page, it was simply re-arranging and moving them all. Just tested now and it doesn't seem to reset after a sync, though that may be because I have apps turned off during syncing.

Wow, I had no idea you could do that. Might try it out sometime. thanks for the knowledge :)

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
Man this sucks, on the 3GS there's a noticeable line right under where the photoshopped area is. Would be great if it worked properly :\
I noticed that too, would be great if someone with a 3GS could fix it. Still looks pretty good though

CADer

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2007
My background. I am a drafter, AutoCAD person dude, so yeah that explains it.
Needless to say the second pic shows what it looks like on the phone. It anyone wants this pm me I have it with all the layers so you can change colors easy. if you don't know photoshop then please just ask, I can easily change the background and size of the box around the page dots.

And I have like 6 variations on this so if interested I can post. (still thinking of adding rounded marks for the corners of the icons, and some kind of image behind the icons for pages that don't have many icons (like the no flash icon, but I hate flash so no)).

Attachments

• BluePrint5.png
    BluePrint5.png
    663.2 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0265.PNG
    IMG_0265.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 125
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.