Lets unite to bring back a decent MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ftbps, Oct 23, 2008.

1. ftbps macrumors member

Hello All,

I just ended up returning the new 2.53 GHz Macbook Pro and purchased the earlier silver model.

This time Apple has concentrated more on the unibody and ignored the pro users. Earlier, every pro user had the feeling of having the best computer for $2500 that he paid for. But after the release of the new MBP style, it is not a pro machine atall.

All the apple fanboys know from their heart that Apple is slowly moving into the consumer market and not thinking about the pros. They have saved quiet a bit of money by implementing the NVIDIA chipsets, the glass screen, and the unibody.

Lets face it seriously. People are accepting the new MBP because everyone likes apple and has high regard for them. But they are compromising on whatever is available. Infact the OSX the reason all their new MBPs look good.

How about instead of the unibody, this was the new MBP?

Same earlier design with 2.8 GHz
    4 GB Ram (expandable to 8 GB)
    Intel Chipset motherboard
    Wimax, Newest Graphics card, 320 GB Hard Disk

I personally do not have any problems with the new unibody, but the whole laptop looks cheap with the black color.

Look at it this way. We all apple fans were the ones who made Apple run for years by buying their computers. Now that they have a reputation, they are only thinking about the consumer market. If we all persuade apple in bringing a decent looking professional laptop, I am sure the next release in 2009 will be a professional looking laptop.

Otherwise they will keep going cheap and at the end will be no better than the PCs.

We still do not even know how the snow leoprd turns out. Why predict things. Lets do something so that the new notebooks and the snow leopard is designed to look professional and not fancy.

Someone give me a clue how to get this going. I am in

BPN:eek:

2. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

:rolleyes:

Yah, you go with that.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

3. MatLane macrumors 6502a

MatLane

I am with you dude

Lets get a real 'PRO' macbook on the market again

Thats why i am investing in the old model now.

:)

4. ftbps thread starter macrumors member

I want someone who can come up with some action so that we can pursuade apple in doing this. Unibody is fine by a professional look and not the trackpad crap.

5. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Yea u write to Mr Steve and tell him and im sure hell change it all straight away. Apple wants to make money just like every other company, if they feel this is how they are going to do it then this is the way they are going to do it! I personally love the new MBP and love the glass and new trackpad.Yea im an apple fanboy, but whats wrong with that. Im not saying apple are the best and dont do anything wrong but i think people are taking this all a little to far :)

6. maccam macrumors 6502a

maccam

Im with you!!!

LETS DEMAND A REAL MACBOOK PRO!!!!!!

(That actually has Firewire 400 and doesn't look like Dell).

7. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

Same earlier design with 2.8 GHz - No Thanks
    4 GB Ram (expandable to 8 GB) - Check, you can already

Intel Chipset motherboard - Why? What's the problem with Nvidia? They far surpass Intel with top end expensive gaming chipsets. It's good for Intel cause maybe they will wake up and launch something worth buying!

Wimax, Newest Graphics card, 320 GB Hard Disk - Well 320 is in em, WiMax? I have enough trouble finding WiFi Hot Spots let alone WiMax being available! Waste of time the moment and you can always buy an expansion card.

In regards to the design, I personally HATE the old style keyboard, plus the new MB Pro is much better designed internally.
    As the he design in general, that's personal preference as to which you prefer the look of.

8. ftbps thread starter macrumors member

I would appreciate if only those people leave feedback who have used the old and the new MBP for some considerable time

9. sparkie7 macrumors 68000

sparkie7

yeh couldn't agree more. Thats why I ordered the 17" MBP 'update' 2.6GHz + SSD + Anti-Glare screen.

Apple are going to have to address a redesign

10. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

The new MBPs have only been available for a little over a week. That's considerable time?

11. bcaslis macrumors 68020

I couldn't disagree with you more. I love the new design and MUCH prefer it to the old. Have fun charging at those windmills.

12. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

Hmmm, well I've owned my current Mac Book Pro since last November, and the new one has been out for just over a week and mines on order. So not sure if anyone can say they've owned both for 'considerable time' or are you upset cause I don't agree with you?
    If you ONLY want people that support you to post and comment then fair enough. I'll leave ya thread alone. ;)

13. ftbps thread starter macrumors member

NO I agree with you. I am just a bit nervous with the change Apple has done to their line up.
    Thanks

14. darngooddesign macrumors G3

This reminds me of everyone uniting to get a physical keyboard on the iPhone.

15. Zorn macrumors 6502a

Zorn

Er, how about no? I'll take the newer, faster nVidia chipset and the much nicer design. You are looking for the refurb store.

16. grafixman macrumors newbie

All these people who think they can get apple to change their minds make me laugh.:D Just because what they have done makes you personally angry doesn't mean that apple is going down the drain and needs to be changed. As nice a guy Steve Jobs is I am pretty sure that if you met him in person and cried like this to him he would have no problem telling you to go buy from someone else because in the end many more people will buy macbooks and pros and you my friend will not matter what so ever.

17. Alchematron macrumors 6502a

Alchematron

18. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

I'll like my 8GB of usable RAM and dual-GPU functionality when it arrives. Thank you.

19. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

Apple has left the Pro line. You cant distinguish between the MacBook and the MBP now, they look identical!!

20. darngooddesign macrumors G3

So that means its the MacBook Pro 13"

The 12" Powerbook was lower spec than the 15" Powerbook and we considered that a Pro machine.

21. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I wonder if the OP is the same person who got Apple to give us the 2-button mouse and trackpad. LOL

22. Atomic Ed macrumors regular

I agree 100%. If I could buy the previous design MBP but with the newer GPU, would do it today. But even though I hate having the Nvidia 8600 in y machine not knowing when it will fail, it is still better than that awful Frankenstein NON-PRO model there trying to sell now. Regardless of uniting on this, I am quite sure the next refresh will again be better and more PRO. Their bottom line will dictate this and from what I can see so far, this travesty of a design is not being accepted very well at all by the majority of people. Those that like it won't matter because it is all about $$ and in the end Apple will not cater to a minority of users who do just like the previous Nano design. Where that go so fast? :) Not too mention we may be looking at quad cores which will be a giant leapfrog over the current offerings which are not benchmarking any real difference from the previous gen and have worse batter life. Anyway to each his own but I do totally agree with your viewpoint on this. Here is to a quick refresh and a real Pro machine again.

23. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

No, the Pro is considerably larger.....and has a Firewire port.......and speaker grilles.........and it says "MacBook Pro" on the screen bezel.....

Or are you just mad they took away the e-p3n|s the aluminum shell used to have?

Oh, and to the OP who wanted a 2.8Ghz processor......did you mean you want the already available part, but in a case that is know to be flimsier and worse at dissapating heat? Let me guess, you meant at the same prices. Well, Intel isn't selling them like that, and they have good reason not to.

One thing that always bugs me when anyone complains about CPUs (in any arena) is that most people seem to have little to no grasp on things like how clock speeds wind up at the numbers they are (certainly people must wonder where they get bizarre numbers like 3.06?), why there are different prices for different clock speeds, why we have "speed bins", aka the same chip offered at different clocks and heat ouputs/power draws, why on earth overclocking (and undervolting) is even possible, and so on and so forth.

24. Alchematron macrumors 6502a

Alchematron

Frankenstein NON-PRO model?

That was great ;)

25. CPD_1 macrumors 6502

Yeah... you can totally judge if something is pro based on the look.

Dual GPU, FireWire, ExpressCard, Screen Size, Speaker Quality, Processor Speed, and 8 Maximum RAM capacity (AFAIK) all tell me that you're wrong. The Pro line is still alive and kicking. When the MacBook has all of those features, you can tell me otherwise. In the mean time, I'll be in the real world, where similar stylistic design doesn't mean similar functionality.