Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sman789

Customer Support
Staff member
Dec 25, 2007
Richmond, VA
Thanks for the info.

FWIW, my friend who owns the LG V20 and I went to Guitar Center last night. They had a set of the Fostex 50 mk3 which we knew so we wanted to try them. They did not initiate high impedance device, just normal. He tried rebooting the V20 and toggling the high fi quad on and off but still a no go. The music came in way too soft and uninspiring.

Strange cause the 50s have the same ohms as the 40s which are serving you well.
That's a shame. Was the cable orange? That's the supplied cable from Fostex and is one of the worst cables I've ever used.

If you ever go back, I'd bring a 3.5mm cable (male on both ends) and try that out.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
That's a shame. Was the cable orange? That's the supplied cable from Fostex and is one of the worst cables I've ever used.

If you ever go back, I'd bring a 3.5mm cable (male on both ends) and try that out.

Longer story shorter.

We tried another Guitar Center further away who had the 40s in stock. Even with the orange cable it initiated high impedence device. After sampling some music, my friend gladly and eagerly paid the $119 sales price which matched Amazon's currently.

As for me, we went to SamAsh afterwards and they had a $50 off sale on Shure headphones. I picked up the srh 840s after sampling. They aren't as good as the Sennheiser HD650s I bought over the weekend but the Shure are loads cheaper and will easily suffice with my v10 so a nice savings.

Thanks for hanging in there with us, much appreciated.

Reactions: sman789
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.