Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ferniesp

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2012
I will say this again about the version 5 front cover. This thing is flat, I mean very flat. Still no rainbow effect. It's holding up well.

jumpjim

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2003
Just had a replacement case through (597xxx) to replace an 046290 case which was pretty bad.

New case has no vibrations with music, better sound quality, no pillowing and no oil slicks. Very happy with it overall. The back of the case feels very slightly raised where the ridges are but hardly noticeable.

Ferniesp

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2012
Checkout how flat my screen is.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 150

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
Yah, I was one of those lifeproof loyalist that posted how my screen was flat, and no rainbow effect on the iPhone 4 model. Months later, rainbow effect showed up a little. Took it apart, and cleaned it well, and fixed it a little... but it comes back, and gets worse over time. Baby powder trick helped a little. Hope they really fixed that issue for iPhone 5 owners. If they didn't change the material or design on the current model... from the last model. Rainbow effect will eventually come. If it wasn't an issue, LifeProof wouldn't have that FAQ on eliminating rainbow effect by using baby powder on their site. I'd like to get a 4 protection case in the future again, but it won't be lifeproof. I just like the minimalistic cases for now. The iPhone 5 is to sexy to cover up... but I think there are better options for waterproof cases coming out. Just waiting until I see more reviews... and if it's worth putting a good looking phone in tupperware again.

jfrancis04

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2010
So is ordering off the website the best way to ensure you get the most updated version of the case?

Oh, and does anyone know where you enter a coupon code on LifeProof's website? I've looked everywhere.

Last edited:

luked14

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2010
So is ordering off the website the best way to ensure you get the most updated version of the case?

Oh, and does anyone know where you enter a coupon code on LifeProof's website? I've looked everywhere.

I just ordered from LifeProof's website and the case arrived today and it was 347xxx so I don't think it's one of the most updated versions.

To enter the coupon code, click on view cart after adding the case to your cart. Then you should see a box labeled Discount Codes near the bottom left of the page.

jfrancis04

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2010
I just ordered from LifeProof's website and the case arrived today and it was 347xxx so I don't think it's one of the most updated versions.

To enter the coupon code, click on view cart after adding the case to your cart. Then you should see a box labeled Discount Codes near the bottom left of the page.
Thanks!

Are you pleased with the 347XXX or do you plan on returning?

jfrancis04

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2010
Just got tired of waiting on the Atlas and Survivor+Catalyst. Prefer the LifeProof design by, but I'm worried about the problems. Hopefully, I'll get the best version.

luked14

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2010
Thanks!

Are you pleased with the 347XXX or do you plan on returning?

It's my first Lifeproof so I don't have anything to compare it to but I like it so far. There is some rainbow effect on the screen but it's really flat and it doesn't bother me. The speaker quality sucks but not worth returning over.

Ferniesp

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2012
Update on my case with heavy heavy use age. Works perfect still. No rainbow effect whatsoever. Flat screen is awesome.

Maybe the secret to my success is that I don't take the case off at all. I am afraid of what ping the plastic. It's just a fear based on nothing.

Cubano21

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2012
Just got tired of waiting on the Atlas and Survivor+Catalyst. Prefer the LifeProof design by, but I'm worried about the problems. Hopefully, I'll get the best version.

Have you looked at the Seidio Obex. Check out my quick review. https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1531877/. I gave up on LP fre to many problem. I swear I went through 14-15 cases from the day of release. Don't get me wrong I loved my LP for the 4S, and my iPad case. LP messed up when they changed the company that manufactures there cases. I'm really happy with the Obex. I will still try the Atlas when it comes out.

Devildog08

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2013
I went to local best buy and went through about 50 cases and found this number as the highest LP000608296 the screen is super flat its perfectly flat feels like im texting without a case on the sound is awesome no rainbow effect at all but i do have a otterbox commuter screen protecter under my lifeproof leaves no rainbow on this version or my previous version there id no oily effect on my screen either the back vibrates some when i play music or videos but that doesnt bother me at all i have the two clear rectangular blockes on the back piece of my case and no foam at the top on the front and the bottom had tiny foam strip and there is no gap at all on the home button the case is as flat as it gets literally this is how the lifeproof should feel in my hand sturdy and strong and not like a piece of plastic crap on the front of my phone the sound of calls is super crisp

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I went to local best buy and went through about 50 cases and found this number as the highest LP000608296 the screen is super flat its perfectly flat feels like im texting without a case on the sound is awesome no rainbow effect at all but i do have a otterbox commuter screen protecter under my lifeproof leaves no rainbow on this version or my previous version there id no oily effect on my screen either the back vibrates some when i play music or videos but that doesnt bother me at all i have the two clear rectangular blockes on the back piece of my case and no foam at the top on the front and the bottom had tiny foam strip and there is no gap at all on the home button the case is as flat as it gets literally this is how the lifeproof should feel in my hand sturdy and strong and not like a piece of plastic crap on the front of my phone the sound of calls is super crisp

You got a 600,000 model with the glued on clear pieces?

PacerguyDon

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
You got a 600,000 model with the glued on clear pieces?

I bought one yesterday at Walmart that was in the 600,000's and it had the glued on clear pieces as well.
Also had the extra piece covering the proximity sensor as well.

Needless to say it's going back to Walmart.

I think I'll wait for the Atlas :cool:

Wildwillis

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2012
Can you use the Apple Earpod Headphones without the lifeproof headphone adapter?

Yes you can. There is basically no clearance though so don't expect to be able to fit any others. I believe the headphones that came with my old 3GS also fit but nothing else did.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.