Lifeproof FRE for 5S now available

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ricktat, Oct 29, 2013.

1. ricktat macrumors 65816

2. Francis Escueta macrumors newbie

If its gonna be waterproof how will you access touch ID?

3. Mjsavage macrumors member

http://www.lifeproof.com/en/iphone-5s-fre/features/

It says: And, an even thinner neoprene film over the home button allows full Touch ID function.

Now only if they can make a nuud one that is the real question.

4. rpearlberg macrumors 6502a

get this one or wait for the nuud or Otterbox Preserver??

5. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

Thanks for the post but if you wait a couple of weeks they will be $20 :)

6. musicjunky macrumors regular

:eek: Sticker shock. Pretty cool about the four-proof though, though ice-proof..really? :p

7. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

Lifeproof has always been 80 starting out. Excited for this. I work on concrete floors so this'd be perfect. Awesome that the touch I'd works too. Looks much better than the otterbox

8. DocGo macrumors member

Wish they would sell this in their Canadian website store soon.

9. Six8 macrumors 65816

Six8

Where? How? When?

10. SMELTN macrumors regular

SMELTN

Their Fre is TERRIBLE on the iPhone 5!!! No way I am getting this for the 5s.. Bring on the Nuud please!!!

Nuud is a fantastic product

11. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

Really? Can u use a glass screen protector then on the nuud?

12. HiRisk macrumors 6502

No

13. Dmaynard83 macrumors 6502a

Dmaynard83

I agree. The fre had so many issues. Just look at the thread and basically all of them were defective in some way.

Maybe incipio will update the atlas.

14. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

same thing with me. had a fre for iPhone 5 and returned it right away. not worth it. i will be waiting for nuud.

15. hexon macrumors member

how long before retail stores get them do you think?

16. ricktat thread starter macrumors 65816

Best buy is usually the quickest.

I hated the original Fre as other have stated. Most of the issues were the design of the front cover. This could be better.

I don't know if it will be possible to make a Nuud version with the 5S. Not enough room between the home button and screen.

17. hexon macrumors member

I just went ahead and caved and ordered from the lifeproof site. I was originally going to get the Otterbox preserver case but I didn't like how the home button ring extended into the viewable area of the screen in the photos. I'll check back here once I try the case.

18. rpearlberg macrumors 6502a

I just did the same thing. Didn't like the look of the OB with the home button sticking up...

19. Hookee, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013

Hookee macrumors newbie

Lifeproof FRE for 5S now available

Best buy probably acutally already has it in stock, I will call my local store after I get out of class.

Update -- I wasn't able to call or pick one of these up today. Will look into it tomorrow, if I am able to get my hands on one, I will take pictures a put up a short review on here so you all can see as well.

20. KAMB macrumors 6502

21. hexon macrumors member

Supposed to be delivered next week. It took Lifeproof over 24 hours just to process my order :-/

22. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I'm considering this case, they offered me 5% discount on their site, but I'm waiting to hear from others experience w/ this new case and see if it has been improved from the 5 version.

I did like very much that $10 extended warranty.

----------

you got it? how is it?

23. hexon, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013

hexon macrumors member

Just got mine in the mail. It came in a iPhone 5 fre box with an iPhone 5 manual. I was worried they sent the wrong thing at first. They also didn't attach the headphone port tether, but customer service is sending me out some tomorrow since that's their fault. I'm water testing the case now and will report back after I'm able to actually try it out.

Edit:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The test made it through the water test, not that I thought it wouldn't or anything. Afterwards the touch sensor works perfectly fine. If anything the touch ID is MORE accurate with the case on. On calls I can hear the other person as if I didn't have a case on, and I don't sound muffled on the caller's end either (make sure you dry the water out of the mic hole first). My OCDness doesn't like that there are air bubbles on and around the parameter of the home button under the screen, but it's unavoidable in this case. The only difference I notice from having the case on vs the feel of my naked phone is the feel of the screen.

Update: 10 minutes after putting on the case, my dog knocked over a glass of water on my phone. Talk about luck!

24. EvoNiner1986 macrumors regular

Bummer they only make this in black and white. Has anyone heard if they're coming out with the full range of colors like the regular 5 case?

25. KAMB macrumors 6502