Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
Lifeproof has always been 80 starting out. Excited for this. I work on concrete floors so this'd be perfect. Awesome that the touch I'd works too. Looks much better than the otterbox

SMELTN

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2010
Their Fre is TERRIBLE on the iPhone 5!!! No way I am getting this for the 5s.. Bring on the Nuud please!!!

Nuud is a fantastic product

Dmaynard83

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2012
Their Fre is TERRIBLE on the iPhone 5!!! No way I am getting this for the 5s.. Bring on the Nuud please!!!

I agree. The fre had so many issues. Just look at the thread and basically all of them were defective in some way.

Maybe incipio will update the atlas.

vmaniqui

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2013
California

same thing with me. had a fre for iPhone 5 and returned it right away. not worth it. i will be waiting for nuud.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
how long before retail stores get them do you think?

Best buy is usually the quickest.

I hated the original Fre as other have stated. Most of the issues were the design of the front cover. This could be better.

I don't know if it will be possible to make a Nuud version with the 5S. Not enough room between the home button and screen.

hexon

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2011

I hated the original Fre as other have stated. Most of the issues were the design of the front cover. This could be better.

I don't know if it will be possible to make a Nuud version with the 5S. Not enough room between the home button and screen.

I just went ahead and caved and ordered from the lifeproof site. I was originally going to get the Otterbox preserver case but I didn't like how the home button ring extended into the viewable area of the screen in the photos. I'll check back here once I try the case.

rpearlberg

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2010
I just went ahead and caved and ordered from the lifeproof site. I was originally going to get the Otterbox preserver case but I didn't like how the home button ring extended into the viewable area of the screen in the photos. I'll check back here once I try the case.

I just did the same thing. Didn't like the look of the OB with the home button sticking up...

Hookee

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2013
Lifeproof FRE for 5S now available

Best buy probably acutally already has it in stock, I will call my local store after I get out of class.

Update -- I wasn't able to call or pick one of these up today. Will look into it tomorrow, if I am able to get my hands on one, I will take pictures a put up a short review on here so you all can see as well.

Last edited:

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
I'm considering this case, they offered me 5% discount on their site, but I'm waiting to hear from others experience w/ this new case and see if it has been improved from the 5 version.

I did like very much that $10 extended warranty.

----------

Best buy probably acutally already has it in stock, I will call my local store after I get out of class.

Update -- I wasn't able to call or pick one of these up today. Will look into it tomorrow, if I am able to get my hands on one, I will take pictures a put up a short review on here so you all can see as well.

you got it? how is it?

hexon

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2011
Just got mine in the mail. It came in a iPhone 5 fre box with an iPhone 5 manual. I was worried they sent the wrong thing at first. They also didn't attach the headphone port tether, but customer service is sending me out some tomorrow since that's their fault. I'm water testing the case now and will report back after I'm able to actually try it out.

Edit:
IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

The test made it through the water test, not that I thought it wouldn't or anything. Afterwards the touch sensor works perfectly fine. If anything the touch ID is MORE accurate with the case on. On calls I can hear the other person as if I didn't have a case on, and I don't sound muffled on the caller's end either (make sure you dry the water out of the mic hole first). My OCDness doesn't like that there are air bubbles on and around the parameter of the home button under the screen, but it's unavoidable in this case. The only difference I notice from having the case on vs the feel of my naked phone is the feel of the screen.

Update: 10 minutes after putting on the case, my dog knocked over a glass of water on my phone. Talk about luck!

Last edited:

EvoNiner1986

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2011
Bummer they only make this in black and white. Has anyone heard if they're coming out with the full range of colors like the regular 5 case?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.