Like or dislike iTunes 9?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BJB Productions, Sep 9, 2009.

?

Do you like or dislike the new iTunes?

1. I love the new iTunes!

120 vote(s)
    65.9%
  2. Ugh! I can't stand the new iTunes!

62 vote(s)
    34.1%
  1. BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

So..Time for a poll: Do you love the new iTunes? Or hate it? I personally, do not like it..Thoughts?

2. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Don't like the white background when on the icon view in the Movies category. Much prefer the dark gray of iTunes 8

3. BJB Productions thread starter macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Yes, I must agree with you there.

4. kasakka macrumors 68000

5. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Homesharing is AMAZING
    Interface has kinks, but OK
    Not being able to drag unbought iTunes store songs to playlist, ULTIMATE FAIL!

-Omi

6. devburke Guest

TBH I don’t see the big deal with home sharing. It’s just dragging the files from one library to the other. You could already do this through file sharing in Finder. Although I suppose it’s convenient that you can filter it down to just files not on one computer. And having it automatically download iTunes purchases should be useful for those who buy their music through iTunes, but a lot of us don’t. What I would love to see this evolve into is a full home library sync: not just the files themselves, but metadata, playlists, files being added or deleted, and all this would get synced between multiple computers automatically (as long as both computers had iTunes active on the local network at the same time).

7. soms macrumors 6502

soms

The gloss looks awful, why is Apple changing apps so they all look different? Pretty retarded.

Not a fan AT all.

8. devburke Guest

I don’t like the visual changes, but once you get past that, it’s a really solid update.

9. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

I think the white background was a bad decision. It looks horrible. They should have left an option to darken it like in iPhoto.

10. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

I said this in a different thread and I'll say it again. To everyone who hates it, you'll get over it. You hated the unified look too when switching from brushed metal, just like you hated brushed metal when switching from aqua. But I'm sure you think I'm wrong and "it's different this time". :rolleyes:

11. ksgant macrumors 6502a

ksgant

You guys that don't like it make sure you provide feedback to Apple about it. There's even a menu item right there called "Provide iTunes Feedback" which will bring up a form that you can fill out with your comments.

Don't know if they'll read them or not, but better chance of getting heard there than here. :p

12. Hot Snowboarder macrumors 6502

+1.

I really like the glossy iTunes look. Is this a sneak peak at 'marble'?

13. moseleyite macrumors member

I neither love nor hate the new version.

I like the Home Sharing feature which makes it much easier to share music which my wife and I have bought individually. The extra Genius stuff doesn't interest me but, because it is hidden if you keep it switched off, it has no negative impact on my opinion of it.

I don't like the way the new interface looks but I'll probably get used to it. It just looks as if the work experience kid was given 15 minutes to knock-up an interface; it feels unfinished and unpolished and the icons look a bit cartoon-ish - not something I'd normally assossiate with an Apple interface.

I'd also add that I've never hated any of Apple's interface changes before. Quite the contrary: I think the gradual move away from pulsing, pale-blue buttons & pinstripe windows towards a darker, more refined-looking interface has been a good thing - I love the parts of the system that use dark scroll-bars and simple, black-bordered pop up windows.

14. moseleyite macrumors member

I hope not as I'm not a massive fan - it looks a bit "washed-out" to me. If it was the way the interface was heading then I suppose I'd get used to it and, eventually, Apple would once again change their interface design to something I liked more. :D

15. BJB Productions thread starter macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

16. macnfab macrumors regular

macnfab

17. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I like iTunes 9.

Unfortunately, to access the iTMS, you must have Safari 4 installed. So I did. And now I cannot access some work websites. Safari issue. Not iTunes. Yet it's related since you must use Safari 4 with iTunes. Arg. :mad:

18. aristobrat macrumors G4

I like the new Genius and Home Sharing features.

I also like the new syncing features (iPhone/touch), except how they've dumbed down the podcast syncing area. Doesn't look like you can have individual sync rules per podcast anymore. :(

19. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

20. devburke Guest

You know you can have more than one browser on your computer? Just install Safari and continue to use whatever browser you’ve been using…

21. sysiphus macrumors 6502a

sysiphus

Strong dislike. Still, though, it's 10.6's "ooh let's be cool and count in base-ten" garbage that has me ready to drop OSX for SuSE.

22. KilGil27 macrumors regular

KilGil27

I'd love it if it would stop freezing every time I tried to use it. It'll freeze for 20 seconds every minute or so, and I just have to leave it alone, try and use it again, wait for it to freeze, and on and on and on. I can't even use it anymore. WTF is wrong?

23. voltare macrumors member

I gotta say. I don't like the white background behind the albums in grid view.

On the other hand. The performance in grid view when scrolling up and down through 34GB of albums has been greatly improved.

24. BJB Productions thread starter macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Agree with you there--Yeah, the white is not cool, but the scrolling is MUCH better.

25. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Looks like more still like it than dislike. I still have no issues with it, and in fact, like the operation more after sampling it today.