Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kandavu

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2012
T
A01402DE-156F-49DE-956E-5CA941E3B4D6.jpeg
I did a battery replacement on my iPad mini2, iOS 10 yesterday and after the second charging cycle, a line on the LCD, spanning between the Home button and the camera has manifested. I did a power down and reboot and the line is still present. I’m including a photo with more details. Can anyone explain what is going on. Can this iPad recover from this?

Johnny365

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2015
Check the LCD ribbon cable and reattach. It may not be making a complete connection to the MB.

Though Mini 2's are like $40-$80 now, so there is little reason to do a battery swap.

Reactions: Luxi Qiu

kandavu

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2012
Thanks Johnny, I’ll try decoupling and reattaching the battery. As per doing the battery swap, I wanted the hands on experience of doing that. The replacement battery was $10.00, shipping included. The other reason I want to keep this mini 2 is that I have several iOS 10 apps legacy’d on it. I’m doubtful I can recreate an iOS 10 environment with the same unsupported Apps on a replacement Mini 2
Regards!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.