Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rsnc

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2012
I don't think the processor is as advanced as you're making it out to be, based on the superior S3 bench scores I've seen. It could've been a quad core, they could've put 2GB RAM instead of 1.

And I don't think it beats the MAXX in battery life. And LTE was something they needed to catch up on.

actually the processor is what most other phone companies will be moving too soon enough..

im going to bed..i dont need to convince you if you still think its not worthy of your money

stick with android

----------

where is that?

ObsidianBlade

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
actually the processor is what most other phone companies will be moving too soon enough..

im going to bed..i dont need to convince you if you still think its not worthy of your money

stick with android

----------

where is that?

Most other phone companies will be moving to a custom Apple A6? Haha k.

You're not convincing me of anything. I already said I wanted it. Apparently you have selective reading issues.

Hpye

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
what the **** are samsung people doing here, i never see apple people going to android forum. Why is samsung and their fans trying so hard to demote apple. Like the stupid the next big thing commercial. I mean apple fan usually dont give a **** about samsung and i think it is the only way for samsung to make apple fan give a **** about them.

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
Apple usually have long lines when they launch their new flagship gadget. However, this year we do not hear much about people lining up in the news or tv, and it is only 1 more day before it launches. I saw a few people lining up infront of ny apple store but not a huge line. I guess, no one wants to buy iphone 5, and the 2 million pre order is just a lie from apple?

http://www.digitaltrends.com/apple/lines-have-begun-forming-at-new-york-apple-store/

http://www.wgntv.com/news/wgntv-iph...-iphone-5-in-chicago-20120919,0,1767572.story

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-09-20 at 8.43.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-09-20 at 8.43.10 AM.png
    427.9 KB · Views: 206
  • Screen Shot 2012-09-20 at 8.44.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-09-20 at 8.44.42 AM.png
    221.9 KB · Views: 105

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
Exactly, may be ppl dont like iphone 5, down fall of apple...after jobs

Are you really this dense?

Apple stock price when iPhone 5 announced: 666
Apple stock price today: 700

Apple stock price when Steve died: 370

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
If this was a more monumental upgrade with some gotta have features I'd probably camp out my local Apple store in Ardmore, PA. But as long as things aren't insanely crazy compared to last year, I'll be able to walk into AT&T at 8AM and pick up my phone.

Don't count on it, there's already a line.

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
How do the ppl waiting in line go pee?

I think because most of them have something like a chair and an agreement possibly with their line neighbors, they can do so. Or you bring friends.

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
I heard some story about a dining table and stuff setup outside the Knox store in Dallas where Justin famously camped out. But I haven't gone over there this year to check it out. I'll probably drop by tomorrow night for fun.

photo_zpsd12c9a25.jpg

I was at the Knox street store Tuesday morning and took a picture of it. The table almost looked too fancy to have been set up by a camped out person.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Apple usually have long lines when they launch their new flagship gadget. However, this year we do not hear much about people lining up in the news or tv, and it is only 1 more day before it launches. I saw a few people lining up infront of ny apple store but not a huge line. I guess, no one wants to buy iphone 5, and the 2 million pre order is just a lie from apple?

It's all lies! They're just gonna make up that money at the next earnings call. Are you kidding me OP?:rolleyes:

----------

I'd so do the tent deal and have monkey sex with my wife all night :)

That would be one way to make the time to by faster :p

PhoenixMac

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2010
I don't think the processor is as advanced as you're making it out to be, based on the superior S3 bench scores I've seen. It could've been a quad core, they could've put 2GB RAM instead of 1.

And I don't think it beats the MAXX in battery life. And LTE was something they needed to catch up on.

I thought the iPhone 5 had better bench scores with inferior specs.

rsnc

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2012
You clearly have no clue what you're talking about. Pretty sure Apple won't be selling them the A6.

i should have clarified..

most other phones will move to a processor built on cortex a15 core(what the a6 is built off of)

i know you guys knew what i was talking about..but on MR people arent exactly what i would call "understanding"

jfrancis04

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2010
Anyone know how early I should arrive at my local Apple store to guarantee I get a phone? This particular store is in a mall.

Mall doors open at 6am. Apple store opens at 8am.

IllIllIll

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2011
what?

First off, some of the media has finally learned how they are being manipulated.
Next, some have finally realized this is just a phone.
Next, if 2 million already bought them, they will not be standing in line. Next, there are way more outlets for getting them.
Next, the I-4 and 4s are still great phones, even those upgrading realize they do not need the ASAP.

geez

THANK YOU. Finally a solitary voice of reason found in the vast pool of rabid idiocy that are these forums.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.