Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
My oppinon is they are all idoits.
It isnt the first iphone there is no reason to act like this but oh well, when people dont have real jobs it is what it is.

-illusion

I found it silly even when it was the first iPhone. :)

spencers

macrumors 68020
Sep 20, 2004
If anyone wanted to be the first to get the iPhone in the world they would head down to New Zealand, first of the 21 countries to hit July 11th.

Cant wait to see how long this is in another 6 days.
:apple:

and sign up for vodaphone, a carrier not available in the states

trogdor!

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2006
Don't people have jobs....lives....other things to do? Do people take vacation for these types of things? I could never.

Nightline

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2007
Signal Hill, CA
It isnt the first iphone there is no reason to act like this but oh well, when people dont have real jobs it is what it is.

-illusion

I am the type of tech guy that loves to get things first hand, but never have I thought of standing in line for hours let alone days just to get my hands on a new product.

Lucky for me, I am in charge of ordering phones for my office. I have already started the process of getting our corporate AT&T account setup, and 4 people in the office want the iPhone, so work will be paying for it. Probably wont get them until about a week later, but I have the iPod Touch and will be paying the $10 for the update so I can test with it.

No long lines for me, but I still love :apple:

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
I can see it now...

iDiot: Uh, boss, I would like to take leave next week.

Boss: Okay, but this is kind of short notice. Why? Is there some sort of family emergency?

i: No emergency. We want to stand in line for the 3G iPhone.

B: Come again.

i: Well, you see, my wife and I want to stand in line so we can be the first to get the new 3G iPhone when it is released on the 11th.

B: I am not following you. The 11th is a week away.

i: We figure that this way we can be the first. If we wait until later, someone else will have that spot.

B: You are doing this for a cell phone?

i: Yes, the iPhone 3G.

B: A cell phone?

i: You bet ya. We are so excited.

B: And you are going to live on the street for a week, 24/7, in a line waiting for this cell phone thingy.

i: You got it.

B: And this is how you want to use your hard earned vacation days?

i: Yep, isn't it cool.

B: By the way, who is going to take care of your baby?

i: Oh the baby will be with us in line.

Boss wanders off figuring that the story is so weird that it must be true. He is also wondering if he should approve the leave as "sick" leave instead of ordinary leave.

xA4Hx

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2007
I stand in lines for midnight game releases. But I dont have alot of patience so those type of lines is the longest I can stand to wait. Those type of lines I been in I am already going to get a copy no matter what since I reservered it. LOL but those type of lines take less then an hour , u can show up early if u want but it moves fast.

-illusion

iVoid

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Has Apple even confirmed they'll be selling the iPHone 3G out of the Apple stores?

With the new activation-at-the-store requirements, I thought that was still in question.

Apple Ink

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2008
I can see it now...

iDiot: Uh, boss, I would like to take leave next week.
Boss: Okay, but this is kind of short notice. Why? Is there some sort of family emergency?
i: No emergency. We want to stand in line for the 3G iPhone.
B: Come again.
i: Well, you see, my wife and I want to stand in line so we can be the first to get the new 3G iPhone when it is released on the 11th.
B: I am not following you. The 11th is a week away.
i: We figure that this way we can be the first. If we wait until later, someone else will have that spot.
B: You are doing this for a cell phone?
i: Yes, the iPhone 3G.
B: A cell phone?
i: You bet ya. We are so excited.
B: And you are going to live on the street for a week, 24/7, in a line waiting for this cell phone thingy.
i: You got it.
B: And this is how you want to use your hard earned vacation days?
i: Yep, isn't it cool.
B: By the way, who is going to take care of your baby?
i: Oh the baby will be with us in line.

Boss wanders off figuring that the story is so weird that it must be true. He is also wondering if he should approve the leave as "sick" leave instead of ordinary leave.

LOL. Never has a thread made me laugh so much!:D

CalmEnvy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2008
Meh, there all idiots in my mind. I don't understand why people stand in line that long to get something.

Syrus28

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2008
Peoria, AZ
While I agree that it's stupid to wait a whole week in line for a phone, I wouldnt immediately jump and say they have nothing else to do. For example, I still have 5 weeks of vacation left at work that I can use by the end of the year, so if I was that much of a fanatic, I could take the week off (paid vacation FTW) and get myself in the news.

Sorry, but wasting a week of my life to be in line for a phone is not on my to-do list, even if I'm on vacation.:eek:

carve

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2006
Wow, thats insane..I would never line up that early

On another note, I'm starting to believe that people post "Already been posted" just to get their post count up. :p

Nightline

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2007
Signal Hill, CA
On another note, I'm starting to believe that people post "Already been posted" just to get their post count up. :p

I actually went back and tried to delete that post 30 seconds after I posted it. I thought about it and realized that since I didn't have the link to the other thread, then my post was pretty much useless.

Other than that.. I could care less about post count, I mainly come here just to learn new stuff and see whats going on. Today is probably the most I have posted in one day.

But I digress, back to the issue at hand with people standing in line....

:apple:

elbirth

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2006
North Carolina, US

-illusion

as I pointed out in the other thread, don't be so quick to say the people don't have real jobs or have no life. Well, no life, maybe... but anyone with a decent job has vacation time they can use if they really want to. I still have 5 weeks of paid vacation left for the year and I could easily take off the whole week to stand in line if I was that excited about it. I am in fact very excited, but not nearly enough to go sit in a line for an entire week. Besides, I don't work on Fridays, so I don't have to take off from work anyway when I go get in line Friday morning.

April Dancer

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2006
Surrey, UK
Ruling out a publicity stunt and assuming these people are for real, they seriously need to think about their priorities. I have a 5 month old. She comes first no matter what, not some phone and not some endurance record. If my ever having an iPhone depended on her camping out in unsuitable conditions then I'd make do with two tin cans and a bit of string.

Here endeth the lecture!

Jun 24, 2004
I smell a Media Whore!

They may get on TV for this. Its incredibly stupid they must have no friends otherwise they wouldn't participate on such a pointless endeavour. I would love to hear about them giving up and just buying the phone form their local stores.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.