LINKS POSTED dev team release an untethered jailbreak for the 4s?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Eager Beaver, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Eager Beaver, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011

Eager Beaver macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Maybe tomorrow, next week, next year, or never. It all depends on what they find and how fast Apple is.

3. Eager Beaver thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

Your 1st two answers were reasonable, but your 2nd two answers sound bone headed. :rolleyes:

edit: OK, since we're so close to the end of the year, I guess ur 3rd answer is also reasonable, (but yr last answer "never", ..................................... get real dude) -

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Look at how long it too to jailbreak the iPad 2, i'd say longer than that.

5. Eager Beaver thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The iPhone 4 and older will always have a tethered jailbreak. We'll be close when the iPad 2 is jailbroken or the iOS 5 jailbreak becomes untethered.

7. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

8. winterny macrumors 6502

I'm not speaking with any authority, but I'd say it's most likely they are waiting for IOS 5.1 or 5.0.1 to come out before releasing it.

Reasons:
    1) They have already said publicly that they have 5 exploitable bugs for iOS5
    2) The SHSH Replay bug no longer works for A5 based platforms (iPad2 and iPhone 4S) - This means that once you upgrade, you will not be able to downgrade using the TinyUmbrella / Cydia TSS server.

Basically what this means is that they want to have as many people as possible running an exploitable version for as long as possible.

Since obviously a 5.0.1 or 5.1 is going to come out soon (apple has released a .1 shortly after every major release in the past), it would help ensure the exploitable version was as widely available as possible if they waited just a bit.

9. Cortezbanks macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Sarcasm buddy

10. walie macrumors 6502a

how is everyone failing to realize that jailbreaking ios5 on an iphone4 and ios5 on a iphone4s are TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS

11. Eager Beaver thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

How is it YOU fail to realize that your reply has absolutely nothing to do with the original post? :rolleyes:

12. walie macrumors 6502a

because people expect that since the 4 is able to be jailbroken, the 4s should be no problem. look at the ipad2, there was a small window in which it was able to be jailbroken which has since be closed. the iphone4s is the same thing

you'll be waiting for a while, you shouldn't have bought the 4s with customization in mind

13. Eager Beaver thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

Who said I bought the iphone with customization in mind? :confused:

My post was short and sweet and should NOT have challenged your comprehensive skills so - :eek:

14. labman, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011

labman macrumors 604

labman

Please we have enough of these threads, last year it took about 6 weeks for the I4 jb .this is also why I still have my I4 and I'm still on 4.3.3 Also I check the attitude there sorry that people aren't telling you what you want to hear.

15. TC25 macrumors 68020

This link is irrelevant to your original question since the article has nothing to do with the 4s or the iPad2, both which use the same processor. It will be well into next year before there's an untethered jb for iOS5 on the iPhone4 and even longer for the 4s and the iPad2.

However, as we have learned with all past jailbreaks, the jb developers already have the code finished, they are simply waiting for a certain number of threads to be started asking if we are close. Threads that contain whining count double. So, keep starting threads. You never know, your thread could push us over the goal line.

16. ACardAttack macrumors 6502

ACardAttack

That sucks...not that I ever downgraded, but it was nice to know it was an option just in case

17. noiceT macrumors 6502a

But I thought you're "dying" to customize your new 4s :confused:

18. Eager Beaver thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

I am, but that has nothing to do with why I bought the 4s -
    I bought the 4s cause I was using a 3g and was sick of waiting for the 5 -
    Now tell me, why are you on this thread? troll perhaps?

19. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

This question has been asked and answered already (not the answer most want to hear), you'll have to expect a few snide remarks from the regulars around here.
    At this point all we can do is speculate, they don't want to show their hand prematurely and allow Apple a chance to patch the hole.
    Not to mention, Apple is bound to get better at blocking unlocking progress.

20. Eager Beaver thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

EVERY question has been asked and answered before on this site -

The problem is with some of the regulars is that they are too lazy to actually READ the OP, and pull out their keyboards looking to only brow-beat the OP -

My OP was very easy to understand, I specifically asked, if there were any RUMORS of an untethered JB.

Being a "Rumors" site, I thought it would be appropriete to asked if anyone has heard any about an untethered JB -

21. yifanlu macrumors member

I like feeding trolls, especially ones that attack every poster ;)

You ask if there's rumors of a jailbreak for the 4S? The answer is no. There is no rumors of a 4S jailbreak. The "5" exploits people mention? I can't remember which (it was on twitter, I can look it up), but one iPhone hacker stated that they do not mean 5 ways of jailbreaking. It may not even mean 1 way of jailbreaking. I think the "star" user land jailbreak used 4 exploits. Also, comex works for apple now (someone verify this, I don't want to spread false facts), and I think many of those exploits are found by him. There is a big chance that other dev team members knows about the exploits, but there is a slim chance that only comex knows and he's not going to talk. Also, if you remember the iPad 2 and the iPhone 4, usually weeks/ a month before a jailbreak release, some hacker will release a pic or video of cydia on the device, teasing the jailbreak. We haven't seen that yet. The best estimate would be +3 or so weeks after a trusted iPhone hacker teases a cydia on 4s picture. Hope that answers your question.

22. labman macrumors 604

labman

yes comes stated on twitter that he got a intern position at Apple. He has been pretty quite since then. The only thing I noticed is hackers asking for JJ take time away from hacking.oh wait that.s not a rumor never mind.

23. romeo0119 macrumors 6502

Hopefully soon, and hope once it here, most jailbreak apps are compatible...just got the 4s today and I want to go back to my jailbroken iphon4 already...

24. Eager Beaver, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2011

Eager Beaver thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

I know how you feel. I am already missing my JB 3g, (which is now in the garage on an ipod dock playing Pandora indefinitely) -

25. bradl, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011

bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Let's break down the failures in your post.

1. No-one forced you to go out and buy the 4s immediately, so that failure is on you. Personally, I would have waited until a jailbreak for it was released before buying it, leaving time for the early adopters to find any bugs and allow the carriers' servers to recover from all the activations.

In fact, that's exactly what I did, as I currently have a need for tethering, which is why I'm still on my iPhone 3G.

2. You assume that the Dev Team, i0nic, chr0nic, geohot, or whoever, is obligated to release a jailbreak. They are not.

3. The jailbreaks out there right now are for the existing hardware exploits in previous iPhones (4, 3GS, 3G, original). the iPhone 4S has new hardware, remember? You're not even giving them time to code for them, let alone discover them in the hardware, if there are any. They only got the phone the same day everyone else did!

Bottom line: FAIL on your part for not wanting to wait. Now you have to live with "dying to customize" your phone until a jailbreak is released for the 4S. In the meantime, go out, play with Siri, and have fun with your new 4S until a jailbreak is released, if at all... unless you still want to rue the fact that you jumped the gun and didn't wait.

Patience/virtue?

BL.