Listen to us for next iPhone's please ;)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kenclark200, Jun 27, 2013.

1. kenclark200 macrumors newbie

Hello
    First i'd like you to excuse my english, i'm "just" a french fan of apple devices (must have owned all items that have that fruit on it lol)
    But i'd also like to tell Apple to react... DON'T LET THAT SPIRIT GO (and your users too !!)

Im one of those who don't have many efforts to make to defend the ergonomy, the simplicity, the genious of your products. Honestly I just had to touch an iPhone to know it was a genious demonstration...

But nowadays other brands have evoluated, they have integrated elements that made that awesome success... Android for example made some amazing products.

Last years your products (iPhone first) had become less and less inventive, with no big innovation, new features that made every keynote a inevitable rendez vous in a apple addict's life (me for example)
    With iPhone 5S (based on all rumours running on the web), that is the sign that apple will not innovate a lot, at a moment it would have been a great idea.
    I had never planned to get another smartphone, honestly. But now, with for example a Galaxy Note 3 that is announced to get some incredible features (5,5 or 6 inches screen and that marvellous S-Pen....) i am really thinking about it...
    It is a shame, since It was only addictive behaviour... I was really choosing to stay, your products were obviously the best ones...
    Except iOS that is still the best and the more intuitive OS at this time (but some other OS are waiting in the dark, taking what works in iOS and integrating it to their products !!) your "hardware" is loosing its leading place above others...

Please, im begging (lol) do not listen to users that claim the current size is enough, that you should not plan a bigger screen... They are late, and making you loose your fans.

We need a bigger screen !!!!! Obviously not a 8 or 9 (even 7 would be strange) inches one, but a 5,5 or 6 would definitely not fighting against ipad and contestants (not the same usages)
    that choice to keep that size (pocket size) was a great one few years ago. Nowadays, size are growing, and without doing anything a 5/6 inches screen is a strength for modern utilizations of such multimedia items.
    We have all seen what a 5,5 or 6 inches screen can bring to many use of a smartphone (mails, YouTube, game...). It is getting one of the first specifications users are looking to choose a phone. Only sms and call users can enjoy that little (but magnificient yet) retina screen...
    Meanwhile, do not try to produce a higher resolution screen. Please prefer a bigger one, with that current graphical results

Second thing... A Stylus pen. I had nevers used one before, since i am an exclusive iPhone users.. But i had the chance to use a Galaxy Tab, and its S-Pen.... WWwwwwoaww. Amazing.
    Even for those who do not want it, it is better to allow that use for all users. Those who wont use it wont be bothered, it will not be compulsory to change their current ways to use the iPhone. But for those like me that discovered..;a universe...you'd jump a giant gap, higher in the intuitivity and the daily use of that lovely iPhone...

So to sum up that strange english novel, please consider our expectations, when they are real and really strong (we do not expect NFC, coffee taster and retinaPlusPlusPlus screens lol). But please try to propose a bigger screen, like Note 2 or 3, and if it is possible, to consider the ways to allow the use of a Stylus Pen, even if we have to buy it separately... Those who do not agree that options will not be bothered this way...

But i swear if you propose that kind of "Hardware", with an iOS whose you have the secret (the 7th version seems to be great and Android will lose a little of its breath thanks to it) EVEN ANDROID USERS WILL BE BACK to iPhones, and i will not have to buy a Note 2 or 3....

Please consider these few lines seriously, i had many discussions about iPhone evolutions with many fan users...

Hope Apple will hear a few words of those

2. GodWhomIsMike macrumors 6502a

Apple doesn't listen to anyone... Apple will do what Apple wants to do.

3. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Apple does not come to this forum for advise. They have a team of engineers/public relation people, advisors, and a CEO that look at the entire picture that satisfies Apple, not a bunch of youngsters that want what other manufactures have , and they do what they want to do, and one thing for sure OP, they can care less about Samsung/Android and there numerous variations of a smartphone. You wasted your time and will get absolutely no where thinking Apple will read this.

4. cynics macrumors G3

We are WELL passed the point of the next iPhone being altered. It was liking on drawing boards when the 4S came out.

5. 3rd Rock macrumors 6502

Not only that, Apple probably has the iPhone 6 in its final stages or close to it since the iphone 5S in nearing release.

6. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

We hear you Ken, do not be afraid, step into the light.

7. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

So... for the TL;DR crowd, basically what you want is:
    1) a 5-6 inch screen
    2) a stylus.

In other words, when the screen size went from 3.5" to 4", it was no big innovation. But only changing from 4" to 5" and adding a stylus would be a big innovation for you?

8. kenclark200 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes it would be... Utilization and times have changed since that evolution. And at these times Apple products were the best we could find.. Not any more !!

----------

Its a shame... That's what is making Apple being less interesting and innovative. People who buy their product made them what they are now. Till now many brands have made this mistake.

Each time something could improve iPhones or iPod, these evolutions come very late, as if they did not care our satisfaction. Strange state of mind, when customers are still those who make them rich lol

9. animatedude macrumors 65816

Apple doesn't listen to normal ppl let alone hot french geeky guys! :D

10. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Yeah, ignore me and listen to him, I guess. My input should be ignored, I'm just an idiot who doesn't want a small tablet in my pocket, what do I know?

11. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

So what was so innovating about the galaxy S3, S4 and note 2!
    I'll wait for your answer!

12. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

Huh? :confused::confused:

13. 3rd Rock macrumors 6502

Originally Posted by kenclark200
    Please, im begging (lol) do not listen to users that claim the current size is enough, that you should not plan a bigger screen... They are late, and making you loose your fans.

Yup. There he goes again asking, please Apple, don't listen to them. He seems to be lacking the most simplest of common sense that Apple does not come here and take notes, nor will Apple read his post..... :confused:

OP....Apple is not getting your rant. Write them a letter instead of posting here thinking they will... Got it now....:confused:

14. TheProFTW macrumors regular

15. Holte139 macrumors regular

I do think Apple could benefit from taking into account more of the feedback that we give. The one thing I absolutely hate about my iPhone is all the problems I've had with the 'other' data. I know it's been discussed to death on this forum but I tried all the steps I could to reduce it but the only thing that worked for me was a full restore of the phone. Having to do that every month because the 'other' was always slowly creeping up was no fun.

As a result I switched to the HTC One, so I think one thing that would be good for iOS is the ability to clear app caches and data extensively and thoroughly like you can with Android devices, as opposed to the current system where you can only do it with a small handful of Apple apps.

16. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Apple had said in the past:

We have no focus group.

We don't do market research.

Customers don't know what they need.

End of story.

17. kenclark200 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey guys... I see that tolerance is not only missing here in France. Im relieved. lol

More seriously i wrote these lines to make a feedback. Nothing serious just a few things id like apple to explore, to consider when they will try to think about the next iPhones.

I know very well that it is not here they come to pick uop ideas, i just did not change sentences that let u know im stupid enough to talk to Tim Cook down here. lol

That topic is for me (and should be the same for you) a way to exchange opinions, ways to consider Apple future products, and for me especially to improve my poor english. Sorry again for that...

I know that big screens and stylus are not waited by all of iPhone users. I am sorry, i would like a bigger screen (not till a tablet size) and that wonderful tool (IMO) that we call a TRUE stylus pen (not those that can be used currently on iPhones, but those like the S-Pen, with very thin peak (or head!), astonishing accuracy, smooth sliding use and reactivity)

Except these features id love to see, i know that ill keep on waiting for iPhones 6, 7, 7S...even if i will certainly be handling my Note 5 because those features and many others will be on these phones...

Don't be angry against me dudes... Let's talk about se... sorry, i meant iPhones ;)

Sorry for my english and grammar numerous mistakes

18. TheProFTW macrumors regular

I wouldn't want a huge iPhone, anything over 5 inches is annoying to use

19. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Which have already been proposed countless times in this forum, all you have to do is read past posts. You think you have fresh ideas?

Stylus... where does one begin... Watch 2007 Jobs' keynote, he went something like, "New interface... a stylus... YUCK, who wants one, you lose it, no. The new interface is one that everybody have 10 of..."

In the last Jobs' bio book by Walter Issacson, there is a treatment of a first tablet by Microsoft in the early 2000, they proposed a stylus, and Jobs trashed it, trashed it bad.

OK Jobs is no longer around, but by watching what Apple says and does in the past, one kind of understand why they don't do certain things. Is a philosophy. French are big into philosophy yes? and history?

20. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Apple has their own vision for the iPhone.

21. kenclark200 thread starter macrumors newbie

True... Definitely true dudes... But you forgot something I think. Reading all your comments it seems to me Apple does not need customers, money...lol

They can make their iPhones as they want or imagine them, they can even put an pancake oven in it. Thats true

But you're all wrong for one thing. Apple needs customers, and needs to satisfy at least some of their expectations... Apple is not magical, not above this, it's a firm, a brand like many others, that will die if they keep on being selfish and too self confident...

22. Skika macrumors 68030

There are 10000x more people who dont want to see a stylus in any iPhone then those who want it.

Apple is not Samsung who throws s*** to the wall and waits what sticks.

23. kenclark200 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok. agree with that. But what does it cost to those 1000x more people to leave apple producing a S-Pen like stylus ?? lol
    If that huge amount of genious does not want that item, they will not buy it will they ?? ;)

The same way to think could be possible with all other accessories like additionnal battery.. " I Dont want that ugly case (IMO), so please Mr Cook dont make some and dont make your iPhone able to fit them"...You see that is stupid way to think. I dont want that but never mind, i dont buy that ;)

24. Skika macrumors 68030

They dont need to do it, because 3rd parties have it covered. Why would they need to produce they own?

Also the damage by producing those kind of products by them is in the implication that the iPhone is incomplete without them. Maybe you dont understand, but Apple sure does.

25. kenclark200 thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe you're right (certainly indeed)
    But those horrible Samsung Phones succeeded in working with other firms (Wacom) to propose a product that makes the difference with rivals. And even those who don't use it agree that it is an impressive tool

We will not fight to know if there must be or not a stylus
    As you all said it, Apple made the choice not to go this way. It's a shame because it can ONLY satisfy those who wait for that, others wont mind if they''re clever, they'll let it in its place. No more problem for them. Don't understand that persistence to beat those who talk about their expectations.
    Some want the 4G flow speed, others want Super Mega HD screen, other want to connect their dic* to their iPhones... What else? Never mind for me. If they make a di** connector will you scream it is a scandal or will you just not buy it ? I am just not gonna buy that useless option, like im already doing for many others.

Really nice to talk, so please do not be like all these french people, too self confident to consider other point of views, other expectations. I respect yours, even if they would not satisfy me if Apple does obstinately make always minor improvements... Let's wait if they (at least) enlarge a little that screen ;)