Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Original poster
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
I didn't see a thread yet. Just interested if anyone is live streaming this?

Also is there a no BS live stream? As soon as I went on Discovery Channel. They were talking with Katy Perry. So, I switched to the NASA live feed on Youtube and they were talking about people on Twitter and how people are making this their launch. I'd really like to just see feeds of CAPCOM, Crew Module, ship exterior, launchpad, actual launch, &c and listen to the communications and checks. Perhaps just a description of what is going on.

Here's hoping for video feeds from Crew Dragon and the ISS as the capsule approaches.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Original poster
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
SpaceX's YouTube Channel. You get nice commentary about the different phases and stages.

Just tried it. Seems like the exact same feed as the NASA channel. The commentary of what they are doing is okay. Better than trying to watch it on the Discovery channel at any rate. Still seems to be interrupted with Twitter reactions. I know they want to entertain people. It just seems there are plenty of sources for entertainment. I'd just expect the official feed to be drier, more technical.

As Joe Friday says, "Just the facts ma'am."

Reactions: compwiz1202

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Just tried it. Seems like the exact same feed as the NASA channel. The commentary of what they are doing is okay. Better than trying to watch it on the Discovery channel at any rate. Still seems to be interrupted with Twitter reactions. I know they want to entertain people. It just seems there are plenty of sources for entertainment. I'd just expect the official feed to be drier, more technical.

As Joe Friday says, "Just the facts ma'am."

In theory it should be the same feed. And yes, agreed, entertainment sgould be independent on this historic launch.

Reactions: velocityg4

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Original poster
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
All is forgiven NASA. You just had well wishes from William Shatner.

Put Katy Perry on the ship and you'll see that viewers will go up by the tens of millions ?

On a one way trip to the sun.:p

In theory it should be the same feed. And yes, agreed, entertainment sgould be independent on this historic launch.

I mean just a completely duplicate broadcast. Not just using the same feed.

• Haha
Reactions: yaxomoxay

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
The weather is HORRIBLE up here in the northeast (of FL), hopefully it stays decent enough to get a safe launch. My Radar doesn't look good down their direction either ...

Reactions: jbachandouris

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
We popped outside, just a little too bright + cloud cover, so we didn't see anything (seeing a lot of reports of the same from this area).

Awesome though! We watched the first 15-20 seconds live, and I just rewatched the first 10 minutes on recorded video.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.