Logic Pro X and MainStage Updated With Alchemy Integration From Recent Acquisition

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 25, 2015.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Early this year, Apple acquired popular music plug-in and effect maker Camel Audio, largely known for its Alchemy software, which bundled a range of plug-ins, synthesizers, effects, and sound libraries. Alchemy's powerful audio manipulation tools have now been built into Apple's own music software, Logic Pro X and MainStage 3, via updates that are available today.

Described by Apple as "the ultimate sample manipulation synthesizer," Alchemy introduces additive, spectral, formant, granular, sampler, and virtual analog sound generators, along with 3,000 presets for electronic music ranging from electronic dance to hip hop and rock.

[​IMG]

There's a built-in preset browser built around keywords that's designed to let users find sounds quickly, and reshaping them can be done with the Transform Pad. Up to four synth modules can be combined to create multi-layered sounds, and there are 100 modulation sources that can be used to create dynamic instruments. The full release notes for Logic Pro X are below:
    Today's Logic Pro X update also includes support for the Force Touch trackpad in the new Mac models and it introduces tools allowing artists to share their music directly to Apple Music Connect.

Logic Remote, the iPad companion app for Logic Pro X on the Mac, has also gained new smart controls for Alchemy instruments.

Logic Pro X can be downloaded from the Mac App Store for $199.99. [Direct Link]

MainStage 3 can be downloaded from the Mac App Store for $29.99. [Direct Link]

Logic Remote can be downloaded from the iOS App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Logic Pro X and MainStage Updated With Alchemy Integration From Recent Acquisition

2. maplingstorie macrumors 6502

3. Ian James macrumors newbie

Holy Cow ! Been waiting for this since they acquired Camel Audio. Can't wait to start playing around with this, it's a really great plug-in.

4. szw-mapple fan macrumors 65816

szw-mapple fan

Can't believe Apple actually used something they bought. :D

5. SvonK macrumors newbie

6. ghost187 macrumors 6502a

ghost187

I paid $200 for Logic as soon as it was available in the app store.

Yet I feel like a thief with all these free updates over the years.

7. polaris20 macrumors 68020

YES! Can't wait to crack into this later tonight.

8. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

9. nezr macrumors regular

nezr

10. CelestialToys macrumors 6502

Logic X was already an absolute bargain, now it's a total steal.

11. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

Agreed. Such a great DAW. And the lack of iLok is enough for me to choose it over Cubase or Pro Tools. That said, I think Logic's better anyway.

12. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Haha, true...I was waiting for this update since late June when Garageband got it; I didn't realize Logic didn't have it until I imported a Garageband project into Logic & half the sounds didn't play.

13. ArtOfWarfare macrumors G3

ArtOfWarfare

Logic has so many things that I'd like to play with... but I don't have $200 to waste on it.

I wish Apple would find a way to make it free just like Garage Band is (the distinction shouldn't be based on how much money you want to spend, but based on how complicated you want the UI to be.) It doesn't cost Apple more to give it to more people (since it's just downloable software)... and I can't imagine it really makes a noteworthy amount of money just from the $200/seat that they sell it for.

14. NY Guitarist macrumors 65816

NY Guitarist

Am I missing something or is there no longer a page on Apple.com for Logic?

15. RoelJuun macrumors 6502

RoelJuun

Bought MainStage 3 last for week and thought it was a bargain. Now we get this update, nice Apple. Really.

16. 4God macrumors 68020

4God

17. Deasnutz macrumors 6502

Free? That's a bit ridiculous considering GarageBand is basically a free slimmed down version of Logic already. I do think $200 is a bit high, and based more on the pricing of other daws today.

Look into the education pricing.

18. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

It's the best value for money, though. No DAW comes close in terms of usability and low cost, IMO.

19. Amadeo macrumors member

Now how about they buy VSCO and do the same for the Photos app.

20. dschulian macrumors regular

dschulian

21. CelestialToys macrumors 6502

You think $200 is high? It's one of the cheapest DAWs out there. It's cheaper than many plugins.

22. NY Guitarist, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015

NY Guitarist macrumors 65816

NY Guitarist

Thanks, I couldn't find it from the main page. Is it there? I seems like software is no longer listed?

Edit: I found it... as I thought links to software info are nowhere to be found on the main page at all. Hmmm...

23. UltimaKilo macrumors 6502

Logic Pro X further distances itself from the competition.

24. Edgar Spayce macrumors regular

Well great Apple, you just lost 200$ x 4.

Attached Files:

25. Edgar Spayce macrumors regular

So no only can people be completely delusional fan, but also know absolutely nothing about music/CAM and make obnoxiously false claims