Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
i find the magic mouse to be to small and kinda uncomfortable

what's the best mouse to use with the macbook pro?

The one you like best.

There is no "right" mouse only the ones you like. For me that's not even a mouse. I use a Kensington slim blade.

Attachments

• Kensington Slim Blade .jpg
    Kensington Slim Blade .jpg
    12 KB · Views: 129

Bezbozny

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2009
Logitech, bring back the MX Revolution with some updated internals, otherwise you're dead to me.

Cut and paste the above statement for the Z-5500, too.

I agree completely... My MX revolution starts to have problems with its scroll wheel (i have it since 2006) but I still haven't found a mouse as good as this one to replace it..

jerirat

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2013
Call me weird but my carpal tunnel disappeared after I switched to a magic mouse. I have large hands and used ergonomic mouses for years and still developed carpal tunnel. The magic mouse is lighter, slides better on my mousepad, allows me to keep my hand in a more relaxed position, and gestures work better.

Like I said, I'm weird. My brother loves trackballs so whatever works, works.

egoistaxx9

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2013
:eek:that's FLAT. impressed. but i dont think computer mouse will stay here any longer. in the next 5yrs, the production will completely stop.

magilla

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2013
I recently bought a Logitech mouse and I'm still waiting for proper drivers and firmware updates...

Honestly their products should be avoided by mac users, at least until their support matches their prices.

I got my first Logitech product about a month ago (trackman Marble) and, while it's certainly an "OK" product, comparing it to Kensington's old Turbo Mouse or their new version, is like comparing day and night. I haven't had any need for support at this time so I can't offer anything there. I think that, with the comparison between the two, the Logitech product seems to designed for larger hands.

----------

The one you like best.

There is no "right" mouse only the ones you like. For me that's not even a mouse. I use a Kensington slim blade.

Why the Slim Blade? Other than the large (and extremely comfortable large track ball) I've grown accustomed to Kensington's Turbo Mouse and it's new sibling, I've found that with the larger track ball, you need less side-to-side finger movement to move the cursor left-to-right than with the Logitec's smaller "marble" products.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
Okay, unless I'm missing something, the website doesn't list ANY of the gestures that this touch mouse supports. I wanted to know whether this supports pinch-to-zoom... a feature which the magic mouse notably lacks... but Logitech doesn't seem to think that information is important. :mad:

----------

The one you like best.

Ah, that takes me back... a used to use a Kensington Trackball myself, way back when ADB was the connector of choice. I've yet to find a modern trackball that glides as smoothly as that one did.

Last edited:

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
I got my first Logitech product about a month ago (trackman Marble) and, while it's certainly an "OK" product, comparing it to Kensington's old Turbo Mouse or their new version, is like comparing day and night. I haven't had any need for support at this time so I can't offer anything there. I think that, with the comparison between the two, the Logitech product seems to designed for larger hands.

----------

Why the Slim Blade? Other than the large (and extremely comfortable large track ball) I've grown accustomed to Kensington's Turbo Mouse and it's new sibling, I've found that with the larger track ball, you need less side-to-side finger movement to move the cursor left-to-right than with the Logitec's smaller "marble" products.

The slimblade has the biggest ball I've found, I can use three fingers on it and the 4 buttons are enough. There might be better products I've just never seen them.

----------

Okay, unless I'm missing something, the website doesn't list ANY of the gestures that this touch mouse supports. I wanted to know whether this supports pinch-to-zoom... a feature which the magic mouse notably lacks... but Logitech doesn't seem to think that information is important. :mad:

----------

Ah, that takes me back... a used to use a Kensington Trackball myself, way back when ADB was the connector of choice. I've yet to find a modern trackball that glides as smoothly as that one did.

It's ok, it's gotten better with age, the thing I don't like is that you need to take the ball out every couple weeks and wipe the sensors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.