Logitech Launches New Keyboard and Mouse Accessories for Macs

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Logitech today announced a new mouse and keyboard built for Macs, called the Logitech MX Master 3 and Logitech MX Keys for Mac. These new accessories are updates that have been optimized specifically for Apple's MacBook and iMac computers.

The Logitech MX Keys for Mac ($99.99) supports a tactile keyboard with smart backlighting that automatically adjusts to ambient lighting conditions. It comes equipped with USB-C to USB-C charging, lasts 10 days on one charge (up to five months with backlighting turned off) and allows users to move from a MacBook to an iPhone or iPad with ease.

Similarly, the Logitech MX Master 3 Wireless Mouse ($99.99) includes MagSpeed scrolling and a handcrafted comfortable shape. The mouse has a Darkfield 4000dpi sensor to track virtually any surface, including on glass, and includes a rechargeable battery lasting up to 70 days.

Lastly, Logitech is also launching a new multi-device Bluetooth keyboard called the Logitech K380 ($39.99), aimed at iOS, iPadOS, and macOS devices. This keyboard is lightweight and includes a space-saving design for typing while on-the-go, and comes in Rose and Off-White color options.

All of these accessories are now available in the United States on Logitech's website, as well as on Best Buy and Amazon. A global launch is set for August.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Logitech. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Article Link: Logitech Launches New Keyboard and Mouse Accessories for Macs

Last edited:

Fuchal

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2003
They really just changed the colour scheme of the MX Master 3 and made it into an entirely new product “for Mac” ?
Sorry, noticed this was about the mouse only and not both :)

They did one more thing compared to the MX Master 3 - they removed the USB Unifying receiver from the box, making it Bluetooth only. o_O Which kind of makes the multi-computer aspect more difficult.

Last edited:
Reactions: DVD9 and anthony13

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Wow. That keyboard is nice. I have 2 macs I on my desk. This means I have 2 keyboards and 2 mice on my desk. This keyboard uses F13, F14 and F15 to switch amongst up to 3 macs. Nice! This means I only need 1 keyboard.

I don't see that feature with the mouse, but the picture shows only 1 keyboard and 1 mouse. I'll have to look into this more :)

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
I’m not sure what the difference is with the earlier MX master 3 but I purchased one a couple of months ago and it had plenty of scrolling issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tofupunch

efp722

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2008
Philly
Pretty cool mouse. I was looking for an ergonomic mouse but didn't want to lose any gesture functionality from my Magic Trackpad. Didn't realize 3rd party accessories could still have input that registers as a gesture. Will consider!

satchmo

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
I don’t get the circular keys. Yeah, it looks cute and perfect for teenage bloggers, but maybe not so much for professionals who need accuracy.

Mic'sBook

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2010
Hong Kong
The Logitech K380 keyboard is really nice in a workplace setting.
You can pair up to 3 devices: 1 for desktop (Mac / Windows), another for iPhone, and another for iPad.
Switching between devices is just a touch away seamlessly.

I got mine in grey with yellow switch keys about 2 years ago in Hong Kong, so technically it's now 'new' I guess? but it seems this is the official launch in the US.

edit: I know why now: this one is the Mac-optimised version.

Last edited:

007p

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2012
Wow. That keyboard is nice. I have 2 macs I on my desk. This means I have 2 keyboards and 2 mice on my desk. This keyboard uses F13, F14 and F15 to switch amongst up to 3 macs. Nice! This means I only need 1 keyboard.

I don't see that feature with the mouse, but the picture shows only 1 keyboard and 1 mouse. I'll have to look into this more :)
I use 3 separate machines running Linux/windows/Mac and just have a single Logitech keyboard/mouse on my desk(craft/Mx master 2).

The mouse has a button on the bottom to switch inputs (1-3).

I even use my always on Linux system to swap the inputs on my displays so I don’t have to do anything to swap inputs aside from press the mouse button (one handed) and a few keyboard keys.

I expect flow might make this easier but haven’t tried it yet - happy with ‘physical’ switches for now.

LiE_

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2013
UK
I quite like my K380, works a treat with my iPad Pro and my laptop. Looks like the updated version does away with dual printed keys to support Windows and macOS in-favour of just the macOS keys.

Azrael9

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2020
The Mac market must be profitable if accessory makers can sell peripherals at £££.

Logi are in the iPad market as well. Guess they must be doing 'ok' at it.

Azrael.

miniroll32

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2010
The MX Keys is a super nice, high quality keyboard. It's only a little cheaper than Apple's own, but it's better made and more rugged.

Reactions: bluespark

MrKennedy

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2011
I got the K380 a few months ago and it's surprisingly comfortable to type on. I have the apple keyboard with the numpad and it's too wide for my desk at home. Didn't want to drop the cash for the Magic Keyboard and ended up with the Logi instead.

The ability to quickly swap between devices is a godsend. Surprised the Apple keyboards don't have that functionality.

There's also a dark grey/black color option. That's the one I have.

XDR

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2020
It's obvious that Logitech coming from PC world. 🤓 Personally, think this design is terrible and has nothing common with Mac/Apple's esthetics and comfort. If anyone likes it, cool as well, respect! 😉 But as a "Accessories for Macs", bleh!

Reactions: jettredmont

4jasontv

macrumors 68030
Jul 31, 2011

I have the MX KEYS and MASTER 3 for use with a PC, MBP, and iPad.

The three buttons above insert, home, and page up are quick switches for PC 1, 2, and 3. But I rarely use them. The software lets you automatically switch from one device to the next as you move your cursor to an edge you have selected. This can be performed with a fluid motion to the edge or motion when a key is pressed. You can have the across positioned across your desk or if you have one stacked above. In my case my Mac is to the left and my ipad is under my PC display. They mouse and keyboard switch.

If you press the Keyboard device buttons I mentioned it changes to the device for the keyboard but not the mouse.

Which takes me to the mouse's switch. Someone else noted there is a system switch button under the mouse, and that's true. I find it really annoying because when I do have to use it it means flipping the mouse over... although to Logitiech's credit I can flip and press it without looking at the mouse. Again, I rarely use these buttons.

I got this keyboard as a replacement for my Corsair mechanical keyboard... and while I don't enjoy typing on the MX as much it does make switching between the MX Chiclets and the MBP keyboard less noticeable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.