LOL @ "get a bumper"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by scho52386, Jun 25, 2010.

1. scho52386 macrumors regular

scho52386

Let's face the facts. I am too stubborn/arrogant/stupid/idiotic (whatever you want to call me) to get rid of my iPhone 4 because it looks sexy, I can show it off (when it works), I like the features of it (obviously other phones have better hardware and options), etc etc...but "get a bumper and stop whining"....HAHAHAHA

I know not everyone has this issue with their new iPhones, but the reception problem needs to be fixed by Apple. If we need a bumper for our phones to work properly, than Apple should supply them for free to everyone who purchased an iPhone until their ******* hardware is fixed. Hold it the "correct" way? I am...the correct way is the way i want to hold it. If i want to hold it with two hands to where it covers EVERY inch of the iPhone...than that is the correct way :)

If you want something so badly, it is hard to switch...so saying "get a different phone" is such an idiotic thing to say. Get the iDildo out your @$$ and realize this is an issue and should be solved by Apple if the company values their customers at all (I am sure this will be solved by Apple in a much more professional manner...hopefully. Haha).

I have been telling people to get the iPhone 4 and how awesome and flawless it is (yeah I lie. So what?) so they can also have the same issue and b*tch and/or return the product so Apple says "oh *****...we are losing revenue/profit from this because all the returns is increased cost".

To the people that are realizing the problem, I tell them to consistently go back and return the phones for a new one. It is high demand and short supply. People will complain about the phone not being in stock, and Apple will keep getting products back, checking them, and sending them back out. This loses them A LOT of money if A LOT of people consistently do this. I was lucky enough to return mine twice already. I will consistently do so until they solve the problem as well as the other 4 numbers on my line, and my friend's family as well. They thought this was a great idea.

I know this is kind of a protest to Apple, but we addressed them with an issue, and the response so far was basically - Get a $30 (even if it was $5 or $1.99) bumper that is not cosmetically appealing to all, or deal with dropped calls/poor reception.

I have more than one provider due to my company so I don't really care too much, but I would love to see Apple take a HUGE hit on their profits until they solve the problem. I assure you this will spread and every time a new iPhone 4 shipment comes in, they will run right out because of all the replacements they will endure.

People keep complaining online. Reviews etc etc. Go nuts. let them see the problem. People unaware of these sites will still buy it, and people aware will see the problem and return it. AT&T will not be happy, neither will Apple with the replacements. :) I am gonna do everything I can to 'cause them hell if it increases the chances of them providing a FULLY functional product to EVERYONE. This is clearly not an AT&T issue. It is hardware. :)

"My iPhone signal keeps dropping when I hold my phone the way I want to....you guys got an app to fix that?" - Me at the Apple store to the genius bar in front of....120-ish? or so people? And they refused me a new phone because there were already so many returns (to them 15ish returns is SOOO many!) so i started TALKING (not yelling/shouting) very loudly a bunch of questions allowing people about to buy the phone know what's up. They QUICKLY provided me with a new one :) I did this twice :D

I like Apple, I don't support what they do, nor do I care for this Steve Jobs fellow. I don't care if they go under. I don't care if they put everyone else out of business and become the biggest power in the world. I care about me and what I get for what I pay :)

Flame away :) I love it.

2. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

dude, get a bumper for those bowstaff skills.

3. joecg macrumors member

just to be fair, the bumper doesn't resolve my issue with reception. still loses signal if i hold it that way. :p

4. topmounter macrumors 68020

topmounter

Dangerous and disturbing this puzzle is... Meditate on this I will.

5. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

Call customer service and complain about your lack of reception. Point out the press release Apple made themselves about the issue. Then point out that you want to hold it whatever way you want to hold it. When they say you should get a bumper you kindly point out that if Apple required the bumper in order for the device to function as expected/properly then Apple should provide said bumper. Complain some more until you get it for free.

Done.

6. detroit1 macrumors regular

i dont understand why you would screw others, like myself, who are trying to but this ******* phone. you know every phone has the issue yet you continue to go get a new one? that doesnt make sense. just wait for them to acknowledge the pproblem instead of complaining and costing others the opportunity to buy the iphone.

7. scho52386 thread starter macrumors regular

scho52386

It's not about getting a free bumper, it is about getting what I paid for: a fully functional phone that I can hold as I wish.

Whether you want an iPhone or not is not something I will ever care about. Sorry you didn't get one but I will get what I paid for. :) sorry to be an @$$, but I am. Many others will be too and that is life.

8. detroit1 macrumors regular

im not saying you shouldnt get what you paid for, but if they are all broken then whats the point of complaining to get an exchange? i just dont get it. when they have a fix everyone will know lol
    edit: or maybe test it in the store before you leave????

9. scho52386 thread starter macrumors regular

scho52386

Their fix is a bumper. That is not a fix. Apparently they are not all broken. Some say it works but hell...how do you know they willfix it? If they take a huge loss in profits this business quarter due to this...they will fix it faster.

I know you "speak" in your interest and what you want, so it gives you a totally valid argument. In the end it is what we wafter ourselves. To me is a phone that works without a bumper that I can hold in whatever way I want. :)

10. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

i dunno why but after reading your whiny rant i am kind of glad you are having these issues :D.

mine works amazing btw!

have fun

11. scho52386 thread starter macrumors regular

scho52386

Thanks! And I did get a free bumper which helped my phone. But not what I paid for so I will continuously try to screw Apple over like they are screwing some (not all) of their customers over.

PS/edit. I love my new iPhone too! These are quite awesome :)

12. woosah macrumors regular

woosah

13. scho52386 thread starter macrumors regular

scho52386

I am content without your input if you don't want to read it <3

14. admanimal macrumors 68040

Technically Steve never said "get a bumper." He said to "use one of the many available cases." Just saying.

15. scho52386 thread starter macrumors regular

scho52386

Admanimal, true! But still. Haha. Same thing basically. "get a case to fix a problem that shouldn't be there"

Oh and the next shipment might be faster because of me. A lot of people at the Apple store followed in my steps :) I was there to help them. Haha. Some just left and didn't even buy it. AT&T guy called AT&T to tell them too. I called Apple customer care etc.

16. beeh macrumors regular

17. woosah macrumors regular

woosah

HAHA... Ok. Well, without reading your novel, my thoughts are the same, LOL @ "get a bumper". It's a ridiculous solution to a known problem. I'm surprised with all the polls people put up after the yellow screen issue started to surface, that nobody has started a poll on the reception issue.

Mine has yellow screen, no reception issues.

WhoDey

18. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

I just find this "problem" with the iPhone 4 funny.

I have had 2 iPhone 3G and 2 iPhone 3GS (Me and the Wife)

ALL of them have had this issue. Not one, not two, not three, but ALL.

You can watch it on the table be at 5 bars of 3G.

As soon as I pick them up, the bars go down.

Not sure what the problem is, but there is no way someone is going to convince me this is only an issue with the iPhone 4.

19. scho52386 thread starter macrumors regular

scho52386

I am very sorry to hear that :( I hope they get this problem fixed especially for people that have owned iPhones with problems. I have owned 2 iPhone 2g (I was stupid and bought them when they were like 500 bucks or w/e), 3 iPhone 3g which I still own 2 of them, 4 iPhone 3GS which i still own 2 of them, and now a total of 4 iPhone 4's since i paid for them even though people on my family plan use them (some business partners...yes I provide them with phones and service *24% FAN discount though*). I have never had an issue like this.

Go complain and get some free bumpers. Haha. The less profits they make, the faster they will fix :) The more people that do this, the bigger the hit Apple will take. Apparently majority of the people at the stores agreed with me. :) I should have told them to sign up to this site. I wasn't really thinking about that. :( Super fail on me.

20. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

Lol people like OP are so pathetic. Its what happens when people raise spoiled brat kids. I understand you want what you pay for, but your just being a whinny, everything revolves around me, child.

Whine
    Whine
    Whine
    Whine
    Whine

Have fun with your broken phone.

21. scho52386 thread starter macrumors regular

scho52386

But it's not broken. I was raised in a family where we couldn't afford water bills so I had to steal water from my neighbors garden hose to shower at night (I am much more financially stable at the age of 24 with 2 degrees in business *no college debt*. I own a business as well *don't want to give out too much info over the webz). Lol. But okay! I am spoiled and a brat kid :) "Everything revolves around the customer" is more like it. If I am the only one who hates having dropped signal from holding a phone a certain way because of manufacturing defect or poor design, than oh well....BUTTT I am not :)

I feel bad for you for being a person that assumes such idiotic things, getting bothered by online posts, and complaining about complainers. :) I love you though. :D

Lorenwade, SHHHH. I love people like that on forums. It makes my day, and the day of people around me. It's like e-fighting. :) Can't help but laugh at them. :)

22. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

Sounds like you need an exchange.

Let's be fair to Apple.. (OK, just a little)

The reason we all love Apple is because they take care of customers. This isn't my opinion, this is a fact based on their #1 ranking with JD Powers and others that track this stat.

Give them a chance to make it right in the next month.

My dad always said "Don't judge people on their mistakes, judge them on how well they recover from them."

Yes, Apple made a mistake. All big companies do (ie: BP oil).... we need to reserve judgement until they are given a fair chance to make it right.

I would way rather have a problem with my Apple phone, than I would trying to get ahold of someone if I was having a problem with Google. I don't even think they have a phone line to call.

23. scho52386 thread starter macrumors regular

scho52386

I would totally agree with you IF Jobs said something other than what he said. There was no implications of a recall or a fix. We were told to buy one of many available cases. If he says otherwise I will gladly stop returning and exchanging just to decrease their profits. They are a VERY large corporation. Even if we did this and they encountered a couple million dollar loss this month, they can recover quite easily. :) They have a pretty decent product line with a high number of sales on each compared to similar corporations. I am not asking them for my money back, so they get to recognize my money as earned revenue. The returns and fixes will be their loss/expenses/costs. They could cancel the entire iPhone line and still do fine as a business I'm sure...but would they want that? :)

24. bundu, Jun 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2010

bundu macrumors member

I love the blind fanboys on here "whine, whine, whine". The same idiots who stood in line for 13 hours, or took the day off of work for a phone. The same people who think Apple makes the best products, who gladly pay inflated prices for the same crap you can get for 1/2 of that.

25. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

With how people ramble on about Apple's high quality and how it just works, this solution is pathetic. How can people justify this when they spend so much on a phone? I don't think Apple will ever give a bumper away free as it would admit a problem and too many people are willing to pay ($30 for a $5 item at most) for this 'solution'.

Where did the Apple fans that buy Apple products and demand nothing less than the highest quality go?