Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
what BS!!

i'm suffering here using an old iphone 2G.. i bet its going to end up in late july too!

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
m1275936206.jpg

Possibly something to do with the carriers

sydarm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
i dont get how Canada is not in initial ship list....wow fail

Shwonx

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2009
Whatever. More time for me to find out how to get this at no extra cost.

Anyone on telus find any changes on their contract that they can use for a no charge cancellation?

Also, am I able to cancel my contract because of poor service? I get the "no service" message nearly 80% of the time in my house, and 95% of the time at my summer house. Is this grounds for me to be able to terminate my contract for free?

wineandcarbs

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2008
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.125 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

I was disappointed that the initial June 24 launch doesn't include Canada too. When it is finally launched here I really hope we can buy it outright at full price like w/ the 3GS.

Sneakz

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Complete BS. Apple sells thousands of iPhones a month in Canada on five, not one like the U.S., FIVE carriers.

I don't wanna go as far and say its a slap in the face but for real, it hurts Apple.

Striker-UMB

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2010
Toronto
Complete BS. Apple sells thousands of iPhones a month in Canada on five, not one like the U.S., FIVE carriers.

I don't wanna go as far and say its a slap in the face but for real, it hurts Apple.

Five carriers?? I thought only Bell,Rogers,Telus and Fido have the iPhone. Anyways this is nothing really new, Canada usually gets the short end of the stick 9 times out of 10 so no surprise here. I wonder if Bell is going to have any upgrade extensions?

Sneakz

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Rogers, Fido, Bell, Virgin, Telus as of today.

As of July 1st (Canada Day) Rogers, Fido, Bell, Virgin, Telus, SaskTel.

The phone also works on Solo Mobile if you unlock it and get your own SIM.

philbeeney

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2004
Vankleek Hill
Five carriers?? I thought only Bell,Rogers,Telus and Fido have the iPhone. Anyways this is nothing really new, Canada usually gets the short end of the stick 9 times out of 10 so no surprise here. I wonder if Bell is going to have any upgrade extensions?

Virgin Mobile sell the iPhone.

Neolithium

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever the army needs me.
I called Rogers right after the keynote was over, unfortunately they won't be giving me a bump for a hardware upgrade, so it looks like I'll be swinging by an Apple store once I get some free time and just get one that way. I was actually on hold a little longer than normal, apparently a lot of customers were immediately asking about the new iphone LOL. Maybe at least it'll give me some time for the sales to die down, since I'll be at basic training for the first month its on sale.

BreezyXC60

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I think having the five carriers are the reason why we have to wait so long here.

Apple just has one company in the US to make plans and here we have five different ones so it takes longer to set up plans, prices......

Not to mention that one company in the US outsells more than our five companies all together due to the population in the states.

sydarm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
I think having the five carriers are the reason why we have to wait so long here.

Apple just has one company in the US to make plans and here we have five different ones so it takes longer to set up plans, prices......

Not to mention that one company in the US outsells more than our five companies all together due to the population in the states.

Rogers had exclusive on iPhone for years for Canada like ATT has now for US.

It's sad canada has been left out

Striker-UMB

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2010
Toronto
I can see your point but still, Canada isn't the the only Country with Multiple carriers. Point is Canada is just above the United States which make up North America, it should be a North American launch on June 24th but oh well.

Pink∆Floyd

macrumors 68020
Nov 21, 2009
Up There
Well, Canada isn't much of a big deal to be honest...
I mean, if you really want it come to the U.S. and buy the iPhone 4, the iPhone isn't Canadian, it's an American designed/engineered phone for the American public...

Striker-UMB

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2010
Toronto
Rogers had exclusive on iPhone for years for Canada like ATT has now for US.

It's sad canada has been left out

I wouldn't really call it exclusive, at the time Rogers was just the only carrier that could actually power the iPhone. As soon as Bell and Telus launched their new HSPA+ network, the iPhone was released right away for Bell on November 4th and November 5th for Telus

HommePomme

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2009
I mean, if you really want it come to the U.S. and buy the iPhone 4, the iPhone isn't Canadian, it's an American designed/engineered phone for the American public...

Right, because iPhones are factory unlocked.... :(

Lara F

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2005
Montreal, Quebec

Oh yeah, get a phone locked to AT&T. Real smart. :rolleyes:

I feel for my friend whose Blackberry is falling apart. She was counting on a new iPhone ASAP, not sure if she'll wait any longer but the Android selection on Rogers sucks as much as AT&T...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.