Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGav

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 9, 2002
Lets hope this is just power problem, and not the start of suicide bombers in the capitol. :(

Link

But, just incase... be safe everyone.

Jedda

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2003
Far out.

People are emerging coverered in blood and snot according to that report.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
Let's hope it is nothing too sinister.

Keep yourselves safe London buddies.

Badradio

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2004
Manchester
There are reports coming in of explosions on one or more buses. This can't be a coincidence.

That's confirmed now - bus exploded near Russell Square.

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
Explosions at Liverpool Street Station, Edgeware Rd and reports of a Bus exploding at Russell Square.

This is now reporting as being definite. Eyewitnesses say bus blown in half.

Conflicting reports of train crashes, tunnel collapses and other explosions.

No reports of fatalities, but some walking wounded.

Everything's shut.

iGav

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 9, 2002
Rail union reporting explosive device/s on underground.

Is now being reported as 3 separate explosions on 3 separate buses.

Militar

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2005
Reports sound like a power surge or explosive device. My prayers go out to the families.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
Hmmm, Lots of conflicting reports.
BBC are reporting 1 bus and at least 1 explosive device on the Underground.

Most disturbing.

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
wow, the whole underground is closed. that's something like 270 stations.

i wonder, was it just a power thing or some sort of planned attack? <just read more things..now im even more confused..>

it'll be a damned hectic day today..

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
Scotland Yard are reporting ONE explosion on ONE bus in Russell Square, some fatalities.

No word as to wether the Tube explosions are bombs or not.

Veldek

macrumors 68000
Mar 29, 2003
Germany
The stock markets go down by the minute. I hope it turns out not to be a terror attack, because even more people could become harmed.

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
I've been watching BBC News 24. Lots of eye witness reports coming in. Explosion confirmed at Tavistock Square (on the top of a double decker bus) at around 9:45. They have reports of bombs on 3 buses in central London.

The underground 'explosions' occurred around an hour earlier (approx 8:45), they are still saying this was some sort of power surge/electrical fault with blasts reported at Edgware Road, Aldgate East (and i think Kings X and Liverpool St)

At this stage it's not known whether the underground and bus incidents are related or purely coincidental.

Militar

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2005
Veldek said:
I hope it turns out not to be a terror attack, because even more people could become harmed.
When the first few minutes of 9/11 happened here, initial reports came back that a light aircraft smashed into one of the towers. Even which tower was hit could not have been confirmed. I hope it's nothing sinister over there in London. Could a power surge cause this type of explosion?

Militar

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2005
My worst fears have been realized. CNN is reporting the Tube explosions as a series of terrorist attacks.

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
Militar said:
When the first few minutes of 9/11 happened here, initial reports came back that a light aircraft smashed into one of the towers. Even which tower was hit could not have been confirmed. I hope it's nothing sinister over there in London. Could a power surge cause this type of explosion?

The kind of voltages involved on the tubes, yes.

It's a big ask to assume this is a coincidence, three incidents on the Tube and the BBC are showing pictures of the bus, the tops gone.

There have never been explosions caused by power surges on the tube, the fail-safes are very good and the individual lines are isolated.

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
a report of ANOTHER one at tavistock square..sky news eyewitness said it was 1 min ago..

all news sources reporting a series of terrorist attacks..i hope this doesn't last the whole day...continous blasts. sky news saying it's very well planned an could continue all day..

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
asif786 said:
a report of ANOTHER one at tavistock square..sky news eyewitness said it was 1 min ago..

all news sources reporting a series of terrorist attacks..i hope this doesn't last the whole day...continous blasts. sky news saying it's very well planned an could continue all day..

This is the same one, Tavistock Place is right next to Russell Square.

There are reports of the police finding three more devices and will be carrying out controlled explosions in the Tavistock Place area.

Another bomb just exploded near Liverpool Street on Houndsditch according to BBC24

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
This is not good (HUGE understatement!). We haven't been evacuated yet, I'm quite amazed. F***ing american banks, won't evacuate unless they absolutely have to!!! Let's just wait until I get blown up shall we!?!?! :mad:

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
edesignuk said:
This is not good (HUGE understatement!). We haven't been evacuated yet, I'm quite amazed. F***ing american banks, won't evacuate unless they absolutely have to!!! Let's just wait until I get blown up shall we!?!?! :mad:

where (location) do you work?

how the hell are people gonna get home? they dont wanna be going around on public transport tonight..

and btw, it's impossible to use the mobile..everyone's phoning each other to see if they're ok..so it's a no go for mobile phones.

skunk

macrumors G4
Jun 29, 2002
Republic of Ukistan
Welcome to London, zim...
Hope everyone at MR is OK. It certainly wasn't a power surge, or the National Grid would have noticed.
Even Reuters is down - too much traffic, I guess.

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
FunkSpaceMonkey said:
This is very serious... Fatalities...

Or am I mislead?

No, at least one fatality on the bus at Tavistock Place, I doubt we'll hear about casualties from the tubes for a while, they'll have taken the wounded out first.

Policemen on the scene reporting a train crash at Kings Cross... :eek:

Militar

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2005
CBC News is reporting that there are at least 90 casualties. They said they got their information from BBC Sky News.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.