Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
This is horrible to hear.

Hope all our mates are safe over there in the UK.

Could this be some sick retaliation for the Olympics announcement or
an attention grab because of the G8 summit?

Very disturbing.

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
wrldwzrd89 said:
Wow, I've heard of total power failures across the entire Tube system shutting it down (I had to deal with one of those when I lived in England), but never this. I hope London isn't dealing with a new terrorism outbreak.

It's pretty obvious that we are dealing with terrorists now, Reuters is reporting 90 casualties (non fatal) from the Kings Cross incident alone.

The police and ambulance service are well used to this with the IRA bombs, but not for a while.

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
Was unfortunate to be driving through central London when i noticed massive groups of people around the buses which is abnormal,I then turned on the news on the Radio and straight away turned to go back home....

Central London is now total chaos so any londeners STAY SAFE STAY AT HOME.....

News coming through that it is almost certainly "Al Queida" what more can i say this is extremely distressing looks like London's 9/11...

ShadOW :(

L

Lau

They just said it was almost certainly Al-Qaeda. I mean, we all though that, but they just confirmed it on the news.

Militar

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2005
Apparently, Scotland Yard received warnings of an imminent terrorist attack minutes before it happened.

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
Lau said:
They just said it was almost certainly Al-Qaeda. I mean, we all though that, but they just confirmed it on the news.

mm..great..another arab terrorist attack. that's all we need.

in all honesty..i cant really see why it's happened how it has. everyone knows that if you want to hurt london, there's two stations you attack: oxford circus and canary wharf. for overground, it's the liverpool st or paddington.

i think this was just a scare tactic. whether something more is going to come..i dont know..obviously i hope not. it seems to me that whoever done it didn't want it to really kill people..they just wanted to show us what they can do.

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
i'm switching between BBC and SkyNews, so far no mention of AQ claiming responsibility. where are you guys seeing this?

L

Lau

edesignuk said:
Sickening, this must have been being planned for so long.

Yeah, they have said it was really well planned out. So scary.

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
BBC Reporting Al Queda

I've heard 20 dead, then bbc said "another two fatalities confirmed at Aldgate station.

If I was you Edesign, I'd get out of CitiGroup for your "coffee break" and go somewhere like.. hmm.. Home :p

Chimera

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2004
Surrey, England
I can't believe this, i'm just glad my dad didn't go to work in London today, it's hard enough to believe that anyone would do this, even more so after Blair trying to help out Africa as much as he can at G8 as well as just celebrating after the Olympics.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
SpaceMagic said:
If I was you Edesign, I'd get out of CitiGroup for your "coffee break" and go somewhere like.. hmm.. Home :p
Not in the CitiGroup building, in the bigger one right in the middle of the estate!!! :eek: Not really much point in leaving, all transport links are down, we are all basically stuck.

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
BBC reporting the more seriously injured are now being brought out of the underground, sounds like it's difficult to get near the explosion site.

No children are involved apparently.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
BBC just showed some very disturbing of one of the casualties rushed to hospital and a medical worker was performing heart compressions while they wheeled the stretcher in... not good... I fear that might have been another fatality... :(

L

Lau

Mitthrawnuruodo said:
BBC just showed some very disturbing of one of the casualties rushed to hospital and a medical worker was performing heart compressions while they wheeled the stretcher in... not good... I fear that might have been another fatality... :(

Yeah, that was really horrible. It just brings it home how serious it all is.

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
I never believed Al-Quaeda was a real terrorist organistation... Always took some stock in the conspiracy theories about 9/11 linking to the War in Iraq and the two being mutually exclusive...

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
edesignuk said:
Not in the CitiGroup building, in the bigger one right in the middle of the estate!!! :eek: Not really much point in leaving, all transport links are down, we are all basically stuck.

I'm in the CitiGroup building. Everything is very calm here. We have plans for this. We are currently trying to track all staff and ensure that they are OK. We are not evacuating for a couple of reasons:

1) We appear to be safe here.
2) There is no transport to get anywhere else.

Best wishes to all those effected, stay calm and try to jsut get on with things!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.