Long awaited productivity app: ToDo for iPad released today!

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
No I don't work for them, but this app has really made my iPhone purchase worth every penny, and now it's only iPad . The least I could do is post about it's release for those who are looking for a great GTD app.

this app is amazingly well thought out, fast, the UI is awesome, the functionality is near perfect, and it makes everything else currently available as an iPad optimized app a distant afterthought.

Not only did they really take advantage of the ipads larger screen in very intuitive ways but they also added themes.

The app is quickly climbing it's way to the number 1 top paid apps in productivity.

sassenach74

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
San Roque, Spain
People were complaining about no iPad apps forum, even making threads about it. We get one and threads about apps still appear here.
Since this will/should get moved, I'll comment anyway.......glad to see this released, I use it on my iPhone, infact it's probably my most used app, mostly because I have a really really bad memory and rely on it to remind me of even the smallest of things I have to do. Can't wait to try it out when I eventually get my iPad.
To the OP, do you feel it justifies being an iPad only app, as opposed to a universal app? Does it justify it's price?

danpass

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2009
Miami, FL
People were complaining about no iPad apps forum, even making threads about it. We get one and threads about apps still appear here.........................
because instead of putting it in the iPad forum as a subforum they created an entire new forum and put it in there (and moved the iphone/itouch/mac app forums there as well)

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
I didn't realize an iPad app forum was made, I don't get a chance to visit this place that frequently .

Water under the bridge....

@ sassenach74, yes it was worth it and those developers deserve every red cent of it IMO .

And I normally wouldn't say that of every app, there are a ton of price gouging developers out there who enlarge their iPhone apps without offering much more than extra white screen! and have the nerve to charge money for it as an iPad only app.

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
Been using the iPhone app since it forst came out and loved it on the iPhone so when I saw it was out on iPad, was a no brainer. This app is AWESOME! Appigo reated another winner! Their other iPad App (Corkulous) is also pretty cool too. Now if they could get their Notebook app in an iPad version all would be good!

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
P
To the OP, do you feel it justifies being an iPad only app, as opposed to a universal app? Does it justify it's price?
Yes, it is justified being an iPad only app. The user interface alone is so much better than the iPhone counterpart and since it is an iPad only app they can add features and stuff whenever they want.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
A bird in the hand is worth 2Do in the bush!

I was waiting on 2do (have it on my iPhone) but there is no estimated date for an iPad version so I'm going with todo. The reviews have been great and it looks fabulous. Too bad that it doesn't sync with anything on my iPhone, unless I buy the iPhone version of todo that is. But it looks like the best To Do option for my iPad right now. So I'm headed to the app store while it's still available for an introductory price :D

NateEssex

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2008
I just downloaded on my ipad, and it's nice. Do I have to pay the $10 for the iPhone version? Is there a desktop version for Mac?

Deamos

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2009
This is a great GTD app. I used the iPhone version with Geektoy to keep myself always on top of my homework and tests.

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
In my world
I downloaded the App and I'm glad I did. Very nice iPad App they did a great job on this one. I do wish it was a Universal App tho so I could use it on my iP.

Great App for those still thinking about it.

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
I was waiting on 2do (have it on my iPhone) but there is no estimated date for an iPad version so I'm going with todo. The reviews have been great and it looks fabulous. Too bad that it doesn't sync with anything on my iPhone, unless I buy the iPhone version of todo that is. But it looks like the best To Do option for my iPad right now. So I'm headed to the app store while it's still available for an introductory price :D
ToDo for iPad syncs with Toodledo and 2Do on your iPhone syncs with Toodledo. Therefore your iPad and iPhone can be in sync. In addition to that the makers of ToDo for iPad (Appigo) make a very fine version for the iPhone as well. If you sync with Toodledo, then your task lists will also be available on any PC that can access the internet.

combatdoc

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2010
I also have 2do for the iPhone and bought ToDo for iPad. the two will in fact sync together through one of two methods.

1) Toodledo. Downside is that Toodledo doesn't seem to support sub tasking like Projects/ checklists so it creates new tasks in the apps instead of maintaining the hierarchy. Tasks in hierarchy remain in hierarchy in their respective apps though.

2) Appigio Sync to iCal and 2Do Helper to iCal. Didn't test this method, but I bet it requires two separate manual syncs to accomplish.

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
I also have 2do for the iPhone and bought ToDo for iPad. the two will in fact sync together through one of two methods.

1) Toodledo. Downside is that Toodledo doesn't seem to support sub tasking like Projects/ checklists so it creates new tasks in the apps instead of maintaining the hierarchy. Tasks in hierarchy remain in hierarchy in their respective apps though.

2) Appigio Sync to iCal and 2Do Helper to iCal. Didn't test this method, but I bet it requires two separate manual syncs to accomplish.
Toodledo does in fact support Subtasks like projects and checklists as long as you are a Toodledo Pro user.