Long awaited productivity app: ToDo for iPad released today!

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by boss1, May 11, 2010.

1. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

No I don't work for them, but this app has really made my iPhone purchase worth every penny, and now it's only iPad . The least I could do is post about it's release for those who are looking for a great GTD app.

this app is amazingly well thought out, fast, the UI is awesome, the functionality is near perfect, and it makes everything else currently available as an iPad optimized app a distant afterthought.

Not only did they really take advantage of the ipads larger screen in very intuitive ways but they also added themes.

The app is quickly climbing it's way to the number 1 top paid apps in productivity.

2. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

3. felt. macrumors 6502a

love this app and the lockscreen plugin for it :)

4. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

People were complaining about no iPad apps forum, even making threads about it. We get one and threads about apps still appear here.
    Since this will/should get moved, I'll comment anyway.......glad to see this released, I use it on my iPhone, infact it's probably my most used app, mostly because I have a really really bad memory and rely on it to remind me of even the smallest of things I have to do. Can't wait to try it out when I eventually get my iPad.
    To the OP, do you feel it justifies being an iPad only app, as opposed to a universal app? Does it justify it's price?

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Just now bought it. It is very nice. I like it.

6. MatthewStorm macrumors 6502a

MatthewStorm

7. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

because instead of putting it in the iPad forum as a subforum they created an entire new forum and put it in there (and moved the iphone/itouch/mac app forums there as well)

8. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

9. boss1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

boss1

I didn't realize an iPad app forum was made, I don't get a chance to visit this place that frequently .

Water under the bridge....

@ sassenach74, yes it was worth it and those developers deserve every red cent of it IMO .

And I normally wouldn't say that of every app, there are a ton of price gouging developers out there who enlarge their iPhone apps without offering much more than extra white screen! and have the nerve to charge money for it as an iPad only app.

10. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

Been using the iPhone app since it forst came out and loved it on the iPhone so when I saw it was out on iPad, was a no brainer. This app is AWESOME! Appigo reated another winner! Their other iPad App (Corkulous) is also pretty cool too. Now if they could get their Notebook app in an iPad version all would be good!

11. mcvaughan macrumors 6502a

12. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

Agreed

13. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

Yes, it is justified being an iPad only app. The user interface alone is so much better than the iPhone counterpart and since it is an iPad only app they can add features and stuff whenever they want.

14. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

15. NateEssex macrumors 6502

ToDo: does it work with Exchange?

Does it work with Exchange? Is Outlook the same?

16. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

A bird in the hand is worth 2Do in the bush!

I was waiting on 2do (have it on my iPhone) but there is no estimated date for an iPad version so I'm going with todo. The reviews have been great and it looks fabulous. Too bad that it doesn't sync with anything on my iPhone, unless I buy the iPhone version of todo that is. But it looks like the best To Do option for my iPad right now. So I'm headed to the app store while it's still available for an introductory price :D

17. DKatri macrumors 6502

18. NateEssex macrumors 6502

I just downloaded on my ipad, and it's nice. Do I have to pay the $10 for the iPhone version? Is there a desktop version for Mac?

19. zukernik macrumors regular

At first I thought the same thing but since we still have another month to wait for Omnifocus and this only costs $5 I guess I can use it for now.

20. Deamos macrumors member

This is a great GTD app. I used the iPhone version with Geektoy to keep myself always on top of my homework and tests.

21. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

I downloaded the App and I'm glad I did. Very nice iPad App they did a great job on this one. I do wish it was a Universal App tho so I could use it on my iP.

Great App for those still thinking about it.

22. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Thanks....

Saw the recent reviews... how important is the current loss of RTM (Remember the Milk) ?

23. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

ToDo for iPad syncs with Toodledo and 2Do on your iPhone syncs with Toodledo. Therefore your iPad and iPhone can be in sync. In addition to that the makers of ToDo for iPad (Appigo) make a very fine version for the iPhone as well. If you sync with Toodledo, then your task lists will also be available on any PC that can access the internet.

24. combatdoc macrumors newbie

I also have 2do for the iPhone and bought ToDo for iPad. the two will in fact sync together through one of two methods.

1) Toodledo. Downside is that Toodledo doesn't seem to support sub tasking like Projects/ checklists so it creates new tasks in the apps instead of maintaining the hierarchy. Tasks in hierarchy remain in hierarchy in their respective apps though.

2) Appigio Sync to iCal and 2Do Helper to iCal. Didn't test this method, but I bet it requires two separate manual syncs to accomplish.

25. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

Toodledo does in fact support Subtasks like projects and checklists as long as you are a Toodledo Pro user.