Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevefo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2013
Just like the title says. I would like to have my steps show on my main screen. Also, is there a 3rd party app that shows current heart rate?

Thanks!

michaelb5000

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2015
I have used pedometer+ for the past two years, but it hasn't been updating reliably using os 4 (on my SO watch and now on my series 3). So I have been waiting for an update. Maybe this is just me.

Breezygirl

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2011
Just like the title says. I would like to have my steps show on my main screen. Also, is there a 3rd party app that shows current heart rate?

Thanks!
I don’t believe there is an app or a way to show “live” steps on your main screen. Duffy app is my favorite and it has a complication that you can use and it takes you to the app on your watch and you can update the step count quite quickly to see your actual step count.

CobraPA

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2011
Lansdale, PA, USA
That's true... main face complication updates are limited. Present update rate is roughly 8-30 minutes depending on the developers implementation (and Apple doesn't publish those numbers, as far as I know.)

Reactions: Breezygirl
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.