Looking for X-Men Experts

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Huntn, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Is there anyone in this forum who has read ALL of the X-Men comics, including reboots? I have read all of the X-Men comics that were published from the 1960s through the 1980s. I have seen no indication that Professor Xavier and Magneto were ever friends or that Eric Lensherr ever attended Xavier's school. Turns out that X-Men First Class is due out this summer with this info:

Did this ever happen in the comic version of the story? Thanks! :)

2. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Did you read this article. I posted it in your other X-Men thread of a similar nature.

As I'm sure you already know, both comics and movies often alter story-lines or histories in some fashion according to their own creative license. Xavier and Magneto were "friends" according to the X-Men timeline in that they had a previous relationship before Xavier started his school.

However, for clarification, I don't interpret the quote as saying that Magneto is among Xavier's students, but among the referenced class of "humans with superhuman abilities." If indeed the movie does place Magneto as one of Xavier's student's then it won't be the first time someone sees a film and says, "that's not how it is in book(s)".

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Don't go that far. Just go back into X-Men movie 1, 2 and 3. Everything is explained there.

Both Xavier and Eric started the school and because of difference of opinion parted ways. In fact, it was in movie 2 that it is mentioned that Magneto helped Professor X develop cerebro.

Since X-Men: First Class takes on the events before the original X-Men movie and X-Men: Wolverine, then it is logical that the movie starts off with Eric and Xavier as friends.

Universal truth for all movies based on books storylines

Movie =! Book or Comic

4. Huntn, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011

Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Sorry I will put my reply in the original X-Men thread. Mental lapse. :(

Moderators- Could you close this thread? Thanks!