Looks like i'm not getting an iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by APPLEFAN8, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. APPLEFAN8 macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

I told my mom about the 90 a month and she didn't like it. One canceling my verizon plan and 2 90 a month. So i'll just wait a year or 2 and see what happens plus she said with college.(none of that made sense) but i'll just wait I guess since I read it might come to verizon. I don't know what i'll do.

2. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I think it's a waste for a high school student to have an iPhone. Get a regular phone and an iPod, why do you need an iPhone?

3. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

i dont see the use of a high school kid using an iphone. why dont you just get an ipod touch for now. that way you can have the touchy wutchy of the screens and be able to use applications. then in the future when you have a good job. get your own plan

4. FearNo1 macrumors 6502a

And thats a good thing... From looking @ ur sig, u already have enuff toyz ;)

5. marra2 macrumors regular

marra2

it should be law that you have to be over 18 to own one :p

6. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

So you don't have to carry TWO devices, that is the point of the iPhone. I'm a high school student, graduating in 3 weeks and I've had both iPhones. No I don't NEED them but I bought both with my own money, it doesn't matter if you're in high school or not, you don't NEED an iPhone regardless, they are a luxury.

7. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I think it should be law that you have to be able to afford one yourself without anyone else's help. (Other than having someone over 18 to pay the bill, with your money).

Age shouldn't be a matter, it is a matter of work ethics.

8. Pared macrumors 65816

9. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

It's a shame you can't buy them payg in America. Save up for one and then put on a plan you can afford. I pay £20/month including internet for mine.

10. Doju macrumors 68000

I love it when people like you talk about things they don't know about.

People are free to spend money on what THEY want, whatever it is. Who are you to tell them what they are to spend their money on?

I'd tell your mom it's your money. That's what I told mine.

11. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

This is one of the most rediculous statements I've ever read. If someone else is willing to pay, that is their decision.

12. Pared macrumors 65816

...just like people are free to think what they want.

See how that works? Two way street.

And next time you feel preachy, you might want to think for a second about what it is you're going to say, reverend. I didn't tell anyone what they should spend their money on. I made a comment and it apparently hit a nerve with you.

Oh well.

13. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

The thread title is what I said to myself when Rogers announced a 3-year commitment, forced voice plan and limited bandwidth.

I got used to it. So can you. It's just a phone, whether it's you paying the bills or not.

14. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

15. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Being in high school means nothing. I'm a freshmen, and I have an iPhone. (3 to be exact) Does that mean I'm spoiled? Absolutely not. I paid for all of my phones, and the $60 a month for the plan. I paid for my iMac too.
    Next time before you say something completely arrogant, think it over. :mad:

16. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

Who is paying for your Verizon phone?

What you should do is wait for your Verizon plan to env, so you don't have to pay the ETF, then get your parents phones moved over to AT&T, and THEN get an iPhone on the family plan. You will pay $10 for your phone + $30 for data + any texting charges. $40 + texting

Make's it look better than paying the whole $90...

P.S. THere is a rumor that the cost of the data will drop $10, this summer, so that would help even more...

17. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I do not know why anyone would ever choose Verizon as their provider to begin with, their network isn't that great as the commercials make it out to be, and CDMA is inferior to GSM, due to the lack of SIM cards (one reason why I think the iPhone will not make it to Verizon)

18. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

I am over 18 :p:p

19. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

I've paid for all my stuff I work 360 hours(8 40 hour work weeks 2 summers ago to afford my macbook) and I have the money for this but i'll just wait for my contract to end in September 2010 and than get it since i'm sure i'll have a better job than my 8.50 an hour now.

20. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

You're saying that because he's a high schooler with an iPhone? If you only knew my age and the funding source for the two items in my signature...

*whistles, kicks dirt*

No but in all honesty, some of the adults on this forum would fall out of their chair if they saw how many kids at my high school have smart phones- iPhones, blackberries, blackjacks, G1s, etc.

21. b scott macrumors newbie

I didn't even have a phone in HS. I bought my own with my own money at 21. I guess you'll have to do that too. :apple:

22. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Personally I don't care who pays for what in their lives and who has what senseless toy in high school. However, your statement of not knowing what to do is silly. If your parents do not allow for you to have an iPhone then that should be it. You could get an iPhone yourself no doubt but breaking your Verizon contract may mean that your parents will suffer (sounds like you're on a combined plan). The choice is very simple, wait until you can get the phone you want with your own money or live with whatever Verizon has.

Personally, I think the Dare is very nice, there is also the Storm ... the choices are endless and you already have a touch so what else are you missing out on really?

23. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Same here. Although most kids who have them don't use half of the features.

24. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

I think your point is fair. But for some reason, ridiculous is the most misspelt word on MacRumors?!

25. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Is that a question or a statement? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.