LOOKS LIKE NO NEW iMAC !!!!!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ThisIsMe, Jun 11, 2012.

1. ThisIsMe macrumors regular

2. I8P'CS macrumors 6502

This is why people should of bought when they needed it, as months go by they would of been into a New iMac so upgrade days would be eating away.

Now people that are waiting will still wait, should be out in a few weeks, but with NO retina, glad i bought in feb and I'm awaiting a NEW mac pro, if new 15' MBP next gen cost what it does with retina i can't see how iMac will get retina unless an expensive version iMac or BTO

PS DONT THINK ITS FUNNY THERE ARE NO IMACS!! AS PEOPLE HAVE WAITED!! HOPE THY LEARN FROM THIS!! CGASING LATEST IS NOT ALWAYS BEST OPTION

3. harcosparky macrumors 68020

Oh wonderful, just what we needed.

Another one of THESE threads! :rolleyes:

4. iMarvin macrumors 6502

iMarvin

Enjoying my 2011 mac which bought in mid november, cheers.

5. Geolink macrumors member

How the hell do we know that they weren't going to update the iMac's at WWDC? Can you see the future?

6. ThisIsMe thread starter macrumors regular

HAHAHAAHHAHAHAHA!!!! Yeah just keep pushing and don't click the thread... PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!

7. cypress822 macrumors regular

This is total crap!!! I guess I'm going to apple today to buy a new iMac...i can't wait any longer with what i have. I feel screwed up the a**!!!!
    I waited 4 mos for this?

8. crghwkns macrumors member

9. Morrison1916 macrumors newbie

Morrison1916

To paraphrase Kanye West: "Tim Cook doesn't care about Mac people !"

10. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

What if there is a silent release on the online store in a bit?

11. Savorn macrumors newbie

Still hoping for it!

12. dmorgan macrumors member

I'm hoping... store is still down.

13. HurryKayne macrumors 6502a

Ok.buy when you need..you're right..but i won't pay
    2011 tech for 2012.
    Great letdown Apple,we see that Jobs really misses.

14. InlawBiker macrumors 6502

LOL... funny stuff.

If there were an incremental update to iMac they would have mentioned it along with the new non-retina "old skool" Macbooks.

I believe now that they tried to make a retina display iMac and failed, so they're stuck with 2011 spec machines. If we see the store go live with cheaper 2011 iMacs then this may be the case.

Or if there's a next-gen iMac for sale and they didn't talk about it then you know where iMac sits in importance.... not very!

15. 12dylan34 macrumors 6502a

I feel as though we will see a silent release of Mac Pros and iMacs very soon.

1. The store is still down.
    2. Clearly, there will be a new Mac Pro, but we saw nothing of it.
    3. Leaked benchmarks
    4. All of the leaked accessory part numbers, none of which we saw in the Keynote.

The updates aren't finished.

16. mikdog macrumors member

I think that's his point - we can't really see the future. Which is why it might be a little bit of a losing battle to continually wait out an iMac refresh. If you really require an iMac, what's wrong with this one?

Now, though, there might be a silent refresh in the coming weeks ... but, there also might not. If you need an iMac now and can afford one, get it. If you don't need an iMac now - don't get it!

Once you get your new iMac, there's going to be new stuff released ALL THE TIME likely. By the time you open your boot to get your computer out, there'll already be new stuff.

Instead of going for the absolute 'latest' maybe look at what your needs are. After closely looking at that, are you *sure* you *need* a hypothetically new version iMac? Will the current one not do? Would a PC maybe be better if you want to game?

Some thoughts.

17. TopToffee macrumors 6502a

You know Steve Jobs never in all his time at Apple announced a new iMac at WWDC, don't you?

----------

If you buy today, you're still paying full price for something that's over a year old. And given that Apple computers aren't exactly the cheapest to begin with....

18. noahc macrumors member

Hoping, but not holding out much hope, that there is a silent update to iMac.

Crap should not have waited 5 months.

19. davidcmc macrumors 6502

And with that you mean that Jobs' only job was to show keynotes?

Jobs had a proper leadership inside Apple. That's enough to justify a different Apple in the past.

20. cypress822 macrumors regular

why is the apple store still down??? when do you think it will be back up??

21. bearda macrumors 6502

Well, that was disappointing.

Three weeks ago I signed up for the apple financing, with the no interest for a year being the final thing to convince me to get an iMac to replace my G4 mini instead of a PC. At the time I thought it would be a done deal, and that in a week or less the new iMacs would be out that that would be it. I've got until the 21st to make the purchase, otherwise the offer expires.

I was hoping that WWDC would be it, but unless the new iMac is released in the next week I'll be looking at something a little more up-to-date.

22. cypress822 macrumors regular

Better get to the apple store now and get my new desktop before theres a run on whats left!!! A lot of people held out for months....i think its safe to say some will be calling it quits and going to apple today to get a new one.

23. jertronic macrumors member

I have played the waiting game and once was enough for me. A former blackberry user, I waited 6 months for the iPhone 4S after my BB died.

In mid November 2011 I bought an iMac. I did not have the stomach to wait....again.

The Pearl that folks seems to be echoing here is one that I now fully subscribe to. If you need an iMac now, then buy one now.

24. sebi247 macrumors member

25. pjhamill macrumors regular

Store is back up, no New iMacs, my guess is July along with Mountain Lion.